Dear Pgi, Uac5's Are Perfect

113 replies to this topic

#41 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

When even an Atlas dies to UAC5 within 6 seconds of taking the first hit, you just know that something is wrong. UAC5 are a bit op now.

They are better, yes, but it's a tad too much imo.

Edited by T Hawk, 21 November 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#42 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

It has been roughly 24 hours since going live.

Saying it is OP or not might be a bit premature.

That having been said, I DO like the jamming mehanism.

If after we play more an adjustment is needed to tone down DPS, I would probably start by making the recycle of the UAC5 and AC5 the same. Raising the jam time is an option, but due to the random nature player dont usually like that kind of balancing. If jamming is an annoyance (3-5 sec) it is ok. Any more and it might just **** people off.

#43 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

I love my UAC5 Cat Thank you PGI for fixing my Number one gun

#44 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 21 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

UAC-5s are OP- there is absolutely nothing you can do when you're being rattled from 700 meters with constant barrages.. it takes no skill to spam UAC5s.. they need to be removed from the game.

...(tone sound familiar?)

are you kidding me?!?!? sorry you cant calmly aim with your gauss cat and pick people off with impunity... finally uac5 has put gauss in its place, as a sniper weapon, that has to be fired, then relocated

#45 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostZorak45, on 21 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

I think they are bit out of hand as of now. Assuming this is accurate: http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/ it was last updated Oct 30 (atleast at the time of its posting). If you scroll down to weapons, Compare the differences between the UAC5 and the normal AC. The ROF is .6 more rapid, you get the double fire ability and 60 extra meters added. All for just 1 ton. My solution would be to reduce the ROF to that of the AC 5. So for 1 ton you'll get the extra 60 meters and the double fire ability but not the extra rate of fire increase. Maybe give it the ammo quantity of 30 like the ac5 as well.

I think the flaw in your logic is that you are comparing the AC/5 to the UAC5, when you should be comparing UAC5 to AC/10 instead... thats what needs balancing.... so that smaller mechs that cant afford to stay in battle for too long can choose to deal their 10 damage all at once and get out... where as people who can afford to slug it out a bit can use the added bonus of the screen shaking shock and awe that the UACs provide... that needs to be the difference between AC's and UACs... that is damage all at once versus screen shaking... this is why two UAC5s is way better than one AC/20 on an atlas imo.

#46 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I feel the jam needs to last longer, it can safely be ignored in most situations. Other than that, yes, it does 'feel' good.

#47 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostSprouticus, on 21 November 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

It has been roughly 24 hours since going live.

Saying it is OP or not might be a bit premature.

It is not only grossly premature, it is irresponsible to the point of being offensive!!!

#48 Blaank

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I find it totally impossible to return fire while being hit as I'm at 5 fps from the shake, smoke, and sparks. I can not fight any mech with two of these.

#49 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostTheUnderking, on 21 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

PS. Codejack, you never needed to change weapon groups if you just kept the uac5 the highlighted weapon and used keys/buttons bound to each weapon group for firing.

Yea, if you only had one.

View PostAstroniomix, on 21 November 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

The devs said from the beginning that they didn't like the old system and that it was just a placeholder until they could decide how they wanted the unjamming to work.

That's great, but:

A) They're not finished,
:( There are other things they could have been working on,
C) There were comparable alternatives (Gauss, AC/2s, AC/20),
D) Some people now think that it is now/still overpowered; observe:

View PostJohn Norad, on 21 November 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

[color=#959595]I think they are bit out of hand as of now. Assuming this is accurate: [/color][color="#b27204"]http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/[/color][color=#959595] it was last updated Oct 30 (atleast at the time of its posting). If you scroll down to weapons, Compare the differences between the UAC5 and the normal AC. The ROF is .6 more rapid, you get the double fire ability and 60 extra meters added. All for just 1 ton. My solution would be to reduce the ROF to that of the AC 5. So for 1 ton you'll get the extra 60 meters and the double fire ability but not the extra rate of fire increase. Maybe give it the ammo quantity of 30 like the ac5 as well.
[/color]

Agreed, my thoughts exactly.

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 21 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

I agree. I do not want the old unjam mechanic as an option, that would unbalance the weapon. The UAC is perfect right now. I just take exception to the people that call others cheaters for using a macro to unjamm it prior to this patch.

So which is it?!

My current issue is the jamming rate; I wind up with both UACs jammed at the same time way too often.

Edited by Codejack, 21 November 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#50 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostBlaank, on 21 November 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I find it totally impossible to return fire while being hit as I'm at 5 fps from the shake, smoke, and sparks. I can not fight any mech with two of these.

cant begin to rebuttal you unless you tell us what mech and weapons you were using... if your standing there with a gausscat you should get owned... no one dies from these AC's from across the map

#51 Shiney

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I HAVE to agree, they're great again and they're on my list of weapons I like. Sometimes they're inconvenient with their jam in but that's all part of the fun of using them, and I expected some downside.

#52 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

The sount of UAC5 does create quite the intimidation effect. To be respected.

#53 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Still jams enough to not be overpowered.

View PostT Hawk, on 21 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

When even an Atlas dies to UAC5 within 6 seconds of taking the first hit, you just know that something is wrong. UAC5 are a bit op now.

They are better, yes, but it's a tad too much imo.

Thats usually to multiple UAC5s and your probably exaggerating, its not 6 sec unless you got multiple people shooting you, and then it makes sense. Also people in Atlas' seem to think they should be able to take a lot of everything and complain when they die, well if your walking straight or standing relativity still your gonna take a lot of that damage quickly and in the same spot.
Often times people will also mistake UAC5s with 3 AC2s shooting rapidly which is also very deadly so its not just UAC5s killing people.
Nearly anything running more than 1 UAC5 is gonna be using a xl engine, therefore feel free to nuke them in the side torsos, your an atlas, you should have plenty of firepower to shoot down anything moving slowly enough to aim and get through just your center torso armor
Sorry but atlas pilot noobishness gets me annoyed.

Edited by Serevn, 21 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#54 TRIUMPH

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPST zone

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

From what I understand the jam is RNG and that is not competitive.
This needs to be looked at so the damage can be accurately measured and a players skill will be the true handle on a situation involving these.

The next closest thing to RNG for DPS would be missiles but players have control with AMS, positioning, and tactical choices to reduce the in coming damage. And these feel pretty good because of player choices to reduce or counter the damage. The UAC design seems wrong.

#55 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostRaalic, on 21 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Seems this way mostly because they decided to do it exactly at the same time that the Cataphract debuted. Boating 4 UAC5's hurts. 3-5 'mechs on a side boating AC's feels OP.

It's not possible to boat 4 UAC/5's on a Cataphract 4X. A UAC/5 requires 5 Critical Slots. The Cataphract 4X has Lower Arm Actuators only permitting a max of 9 Critcal slots in the each arm. You can however mount 2 UAC/5's and 2 AC/5's. Have seen this done many times already.

When the Jagermech is released it should be possible to mount 4 UAC/5's due to the lack of Lower Arm Actuators though the loss in performance and survibility to make such a frakenmech possible will be staggering and probably not worth the money or effort.

[Edit: Spelling]

Edited by Sennin, 21 November 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#56 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postshabowie, on 21 November 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

UAC5 are actually overpowered now I think. Enjoy it while it lasts kiddies!

PS I think something beyond doubleshooting is going on with the firing mechanics. I have a 2xuac5 Atlas D build I was playing around with last night and many times it seemed like it was firing around 8-10 shells per second. I would have expected around 4 while double shooting to be max ROF (given 2 guns). I could count shells because holding down the group one gun goes down and comes back up and they are then out of sync as long as you keep firing. Several games I ended up in situations facing 3 mechs and chewed through all of them in rapid succession without taking much damage.

Well you may as well nerf AC 5 too then cause Quad AC5 Phract = Dual UAC 5's. They are perfect as it is.

#57 8CH Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Put 2 AC/5's and 2 UAC/5's on my Cataphract, goes through a lot of ammo in a hurry. I'm able to chew up an Atlas before it's able to get 2 shots off with it's gauss. Hard to hit the lites with them on the arms.

#58 4er3BaPa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationSerov, Russia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Missile Warrior Online is over...
Welcome to Muzzle Warrior Online! :)

#59 MorbidGamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well they jam soooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I don't find them useful at all.

Bam Bam Bam... Jam.......... Bam.... Jam.... Bam Bam.... Jam.

#60 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostMorbidGamer, on 21 November 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Well they jam soooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I don't find them useful at all. Bam Bam Bam... Jam.......... Bam.... Jam.... Bam Bam.... Jam.

Lay off the trigger a little bit. You can still fire quickly, but you will reduce the heat and the chance to jam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users