Ferro-Fibrous Revisioned

43 replies to this topic

#41 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

I dont know why there is so much debate and confusion over the right way to go with this.
Battletech is a cool game, but is has always had a simply awful combat system there are alot of things that were horribly broken and its great to see things being changed so that they actually work and make some sense.
If you stay true to the original game you will end up with everyone riding around in endo steel laser boats because they are far far better than everything else in all situations.
Ferro Fibrous armour should give more armour than standard, its a no brainer and this issue of how do we balance clan mechs so that they arent better than inner sphere mechs is rediculous, clan mechs ARE better than inner sphere mechs, they are supposed to be better, the way to balance the GAMES / MATCHES is obvious.. you give the inner sphere a numbers advantage.
Seriously this is not rocket science, the best way forward is so painfully obvious.

Guffrus

#42 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

It would be nice to have more armor choises in general. I know they are out there. Just not sure of when all of them were developed off the top of my head.

#43 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostEddrick, on 13 March 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

It would be nice to have more armor choises in general. I know they are out there. Just not sure of when all of them were developed off the top of my head.

Here they are... :P

View PostStrum Wealh, on 06 December 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

The thing about that is that a lot of the advanced armors come into being later in the canon timeline:
Armored Components - developed by the Free Worlds League in 3059-3061
Ferro-Lamellor Armor - developed by Clan Snow Raven in 3070
Heavy FF Armor - developed by the Lyran Alliance in 3069
Laser Reflective/"Glazed"/"Reflec" Armor - developed by the Lyran Alliance in 3058 (copied by Clan Jade Falcon in 3061)
Light FF Armor - developed by the Free Worlds League in 3067
Reactive/"Blazer" Armor - developed by the Draconis Combine in 3063 (copied by Clan Ghost Bear in 3065)
Stealth Armor - developed by the Capellan Confederation in 3063

The armor types that were developed prior to the game's start point are:
Ferro-Fibrous Armor - reintroduced to the IS by the Draconis Combine in 3040 (the Clans never lost the FF tech from 2571)
Hardened Armor - developed by the Federated Commonwealth in 3045-3047 (copied by Clan Ghost Bear during the invasion)
Primitive Armor - the original BattleMech armor used on the Mackie in 2439; essentially modern (non-Chobham) tank armor
Standard Armor - developed by the Terran Hegemony in 2470; maintained by IS and Clans since

Then there're the Commercial- and Industrial-grade armors...

Depending on how closely the Devs stick to the canon timeline, fancy armors are not going to be around for a while.

#44 BATARA KALA

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

You kids in your fancy-dancy armor.

Why in my day, we took rolled up newspaper, and stuffed it into our wool socks.

Now THAT was armor!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users