#21 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostPsychoFarmer, on 03 May 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Looks good! Graphics are on par with what I expected for a freebie game, can we see some damaged up stuff?

Ouch!

#22 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 May 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Ouch!

So many placeholders in that image.

But Cry Engine 3 got the fact I hate about it the most out... draw distance :D

Edited by Adridos, 03 May 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#23 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

Interesting... JR7-D Jenner is displaying targetting data including damage and weapons loadout for the JR7-F, indicating it has scout modules equipped... I see we will also be able to see the callsign of a targeted enemy, which was an old question on the forums. What is confusing me is that I see two enemy and two friendly targets on the HUD, but four enemy and two friendly targets on the map display. I notice two red diamonds on the compass display, which may be NLOS targets, but from the positions displayed on the topographical map display I'd expect those to be visible... Am I reading the display correctly?

#24 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

I think the screen is a little cluttered.
First you are in a cockpit so your screen area is significantly diminished by the framing, second there are HUD displays intruding in the visible area, and finally, all the targeting recticles are a little distracting.

Will we be able to turn down some of those options? Obviously this is 1st person, so the framing will still exist, but what about all the middle of the screen HUDs?

Additionally, I have a 1920x1200 monitor, will this give me greater view or just more framing? (NOTE even if it is more framing, it should offer more area for the various HUDs so they don't overlay the action).

#25 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Cool in-game screenshot. A bit more going on. Score and timer.
The mini-map detail is very nice, impressed with the terrain detail in it. (when screenshot is maxed)

Motion blur, ughh. (thankfully it's Crysis engine, r_MotionBlur=0).

Nice to see the beginning of your screenshots, thanks for taking the time to feed the frenzy (keep fingers away).

If I may make a suggestion...As someone who has written image viewers from the ground up in java for sites (because few are good enough IMO). Please don't make such beautiful images at 1920x1080 and let your screenshot viewer scale it to some 1,024px × 576px blah image. As it is, I have to right click, choose view image (firefox), then left click again to maximize it to full res (4 left clicks at least). I did not see an option to view it at full resolution from your viewer. Hopefully that gets enhanced. Don't take this as a complaint, but as it was meant, a suggestion from someone who has spent far too much time making and reviewing image viewers.

I'm not an artist, but if I was, I think would hate to give my all to make great assets and then watch as they always get dulled down by some blur/filter somewhere, some is necessary and some is not. Somebody has to hold the line so the quality can get to us.

Thanks for the screenshot on the new SURPRISE Thursday! :D

Edited by MadBoris, 03 May 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#26 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

PGI, I freaking LOVE it! Seeing all those different Mechs on screen. It's so beautimous. :D

And it looks like there have been some UI changes too!

> Distance to target in probe data
> Orientation marker redesign on battle grid (easier to see direction Mech is facing)
> New metrics at the top-center of screen
> Secondary (jumpjet fuel?) meter next to speedometer
> Closer look at Jenner cockpit

I assume the enemy indicator in the compass with the orange border means that's the enemy who is currently targeted (though it looks like Mechs in your LOS get the bare probe of a visual enemy indicator on screen)

#27 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Im confused... Is it a Jenner or catapult cockpit? Cause it doesn't look like the jenner-cockpit window of the concept art.

#28 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostThe_Birdeater, on 03 May 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Im confused... Is it a Jenner or catapult cockpit? Cause it doesn't look like the jenner-cockpit window of the concept art.

Jenner for sure. :D

But I agree that it isn't the one from the concept art. :ph34r:

Edited by Adridos, 03 May 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#29 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 03 May 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Interesting... JR7-D Jenner is displaying targetting data including damage and weapons loadout for the JR7-F, indicating it has scout modules equipped... I see we will also be able to see the callsign of a targeted enemy, which was an old question on the forums. What is confusing me is that I see two enemy and two friendly targets on the HUD, but four enemy and two friendly targets on the map display. I notice two red diamonds on the compass display, which may be NLOS targets, but from the positions displayed on the topographical map display I'd expect those to be visible... Am I reading the display correctly?

Excellent observation. If I'm reading the map correctly you're right... there seems to be a missing mech on the screen. It should be dead ahead just behind the Jump Jetting Jenner somewhere. Hmmm.

#30 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Really had my hopes up for at least a series of screen shots.... I am disappoint. I was so pround to the devs for sticking to a weekly release schedule, and publishing something of substance each time. Some were better or more interesting than others... but if this is what we are reduced to, I'll not be content for long.

#31 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostMagnificent *******, on 03 May 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Excellent observation. If I'm reading the map correctly you're right... there seems to be a missing mech on the screen. It should be dead ahead just behind the Jump Jetting Jenner somewhere. Hmmm.

Dead `Mech. A bug.

#32 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostMagnificent *******, on 03 May 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

If I'm reading the map correctly you're right... there seems to be a missing mech on the screen. It should be dead ahead just behind the Jump Jetting Jenner somewhere. Hmmm.

EDIT: Cleared up. Thanks, Bryan. :D

Edited by Adridos, 03 May 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#33 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Hidden mech could be Under da sea?

I love to see that we have a heading indicator for the torso. I was thinking of commenting on the lack of apparent heading numbers in previous screenshots as I know how handy they can be when walking near friendlies and being able to comment that the target is at 120 degree. Now is that indicator for the torso twisting or the legs heading? I would love to have both numbers, be able to use formations and state the formation heading as well as a target's heading.

as I said, one beautiful screenshot! I cannot wait for more goodies!

#34 Salticidae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Looks great would like to see what the PPC beam looks like!

#35 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 03 May 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Dead `Mech. A bug.

Thanks for the confirmation. We were on TS3 thinking it was a Raven doing e-war or something Ghost images and whatnot. Heh. Oh well.

#36 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostThe_Birdeater, on 03 May 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

I would say Jenner. Look at the weapons. 4xML and a SRM4.

#37 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

Also, what is that "auto detect" at the bottom left part of the screen? :ph34r:

And Zyne, they don't have any mechs with PPC implemented. :D

#38 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

View Post00dlez, on 03 May 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Really had my hopes up for at least a series of screen shots.... I am disappoint. I was so pround to the devs for sticking to a weekly release schedule, and publishing something of substance each time. Some were better or more interesting than others... but if this is what we are reduced to, I'll not be content for long.

Hang tight. We're moving from telling to showing. We've spent the last 6-months telling you about the game, now we're going to start showing you! Check this thread out http://mwomercs.com/...king-ahead-may/ . Dev Blogs will make a return next month in a different format.

#39 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

I almost thought that Atlas in the background looked like a Zeus or Battlemaster for a second

#40 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Bryan,

Claiming of IS and Clan names?

chris

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users