Weekly Screenshot

155 replies to this topic

#61 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 03 May 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

A two legged tree? Please put down that Pipe sir, you have had enough... :D

That's the difference that looking at some tiny cropped image can make, and maybe a pipe. :ph34r:

Edited by MadBoris, 03 May 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#62 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 03 May 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

.... Huh?

How does a bug in the game have anything to do with whether the players had a shot taken of them in battle vs. posing?

Well if there was talk of doing a screenshot (rather than one just randomly being taken) you'd think they would attempt to organize what they want to show. The very idea of "posing" for a screenshot indicates some level of pre-planning.... whereas the fact that the resulting pic shows a bug (which I presume they wouldn't want to show) leads me to believe that they weren't posing at all and this was just a random spur of the moment screenshot.

Obviously I am making a lot of assumptions there but the same is equally true of you. :D

#63 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostMadBoris, on 03 May 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

That's the difference that looking at some tiny cropped image can make, and maybe a pipe. :ph34r:

Ya just gotta have some faith dawg! Check the radar, then check the crop again (no, not your crop for the pipe) the pic. It is standing right there. :D

View PostMagnificent *******, on 03 May 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Well if there was talk of doing a screenshot (rather than one just randomly being taken) you'd think they would attempt to organize what they want to show. The very idea of "posing" for a screenshot indicates some level of pre-planning.... whereas the fact that the resulting pic shows a bug (which I presume they wouldn't want to show) leads me to believe that they weren't posing at all and this was just a random spur of the moment screenshot.

Obviously I am making a lot of assumptions there but the same is equally true of you. B)

PrintScrn FTW! Yaaaah Baby! :rolleyes:

#64 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostBullwerk, on 03 May 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

As for the comment(s) about the motion blur and wanting to turn it off, I'd say wait and see. Motion blur is a very useful and immersing graphical effect and one the CryEngine (especially CryEngine 3) does very well. I concede that at times it can be over done, especially when talking about walking or running speeds, but that mech is moving ant 109.8 kph (68 mph) at that level of speed motion blur is appropriate to a certain level. One thing to remember is that motion blur translates to still shots very poorly, looking merely like unfocused portions of the screen, the effect is much better when in motion. Not all that surprising I guess given what it is.

I'll respond since I made the point. It's merely a point of personal preference.
I, sir, am a graphical nut (http://www.incrysis....ic.php?id=11614). Motion blur, while touted as the cool movie effect, was conceived first and foremost, and is used primarily, to hide lower resolution assets and improve performance. Putting a smear over fewer triangles, lower lod, was a cool way to get performance for developers, and cut down art costs, while detail grows that manifold. That's the truth. As to the effects, some like it, I have great eyes and more about color gamuts and pixel precision, my brain adds it;s own motion blur at my peripherals anyway, I woldn't want a pair of glasses adding more.

Edited by MadBoris, 03 May 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#65 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 03 May 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

A two legged tree? Please put down that Pipe sir, you have had enough... :D

"Don't shoot me, I'm just a stand of trees!"
There, happy? :ph34r:

#66 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostMagnificent *******, on 03 May 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Obviously I am making a lot of assumptions there but the same is equally true of you. :ph34r:

Hey, I'm not blaming anyone, don't take it offensively. :D In fact, I was kind of fine with seeing a bug in the screenshot. It hasn't faulted my expectations. It's a neat look into the current build and how it has progressed from what we last saw.

May we be buried in more screenshots! (posing or no!)

#67 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Looks awesome. I like the slightly updated HUD. I also really like the way jump jets look. The blue flame is awesome.

And I don't know why some people are saying that the enemy mech doesn't look like a Jenner. That's definitely a Jenner. You can easily tell by the way the front juts out. That's the center torso "disk". You can even make out the "arm" pods.

Highlights were Bryans Machinegun/AC-5/Flamer/Medium Laser Hunchback, which he used to kill himself with twice

How the hell do you kill yourself with such low heat producing weapons?!

Edit: Hey, what's that black line for above the very top left weapon pipper in the center of the screen?

Edited by Orzorn, 03 May 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#68 WerewolfX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Excellent. I cannot wait to strap into a Catapult and visit the Mechlab for the first time though not neccessarily in that order. Keep up the excellent work guys.

Edited by WerewolfX, 03 May 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#69 Starhawk

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Salivating. Can't wait to see more or better yet - play online and start blowing things up.

#70 Gunmage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Again, Paul and the weapon slots. So in the end, we CAN exchange one weapon for... more than one weapon? As i recall, CPLT-K2 only had two MGs and no other ballistic weaponry, and Paul puts "as many machine guns as he could fit". So, two? Or MORE?

Edited by Gunmage, 03 May 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#71 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 03 May 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

May we be buried in more screenshots! (posing or no!)

Indeed. I hope the (maybe) information we get tomorrow is at least another screenshot if not something more impressive.

#72 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostGunmage, on 03 May 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Again, Paul and the weapon slots. So in the end, we CAN exchange one weapon for... more than one weapon? As i recall, CPLT-K2 only had two MGs and no other ballistic weaponry, and Paul puts "as many machine guns as he could fit". So, two? Or MORE?

They also said that chassis had more hard points than are actually on a variant. So the K2 could have 4 or 6 ballistic hard points on it, but the K2 with PPC only had weight for 2. :D

#73 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostMadBoris, on 03 May 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

I'll respond since I made the point. It's merely a point of personal preference.
I, sir, am a graphical nut (http://www.incrysis....ic.php?id=11614). Motion blur, while touted as the cool movie effect, was conceived first and foremost, and is used primarily, to hide lower resolution assets and improve performance. Putting a smear over fewer triangles, lower lod, was a cool way to get performance for developers, and cut down art costs, while detail grows that manifold. That's the truth. As to the effects, some like it, I have great eyes and more about color gamuts and pixel precision, my brain adds it;s own motion blur at my peripherals anyway, I woldn't want a pair of glasses adding more.

I agree motion blur is something of a personal taste thing and am well aware of it's beginnings. I just always like to wait and see how the graphical style set as the standard by the developers works in a game. They make these choices about the effects to use and how to use them for many reasons including visual style and performance among others. I will always give the devs the benefit of the doubt when I jump into a title the first time, just to see their vision as they intended it. Now that doesn't mean I always keep it that way, in fact I very rarely do. Hell, I've modded Skyrim so heavily it looks nothing like their original vision because honestly I think it sucked :D

#74 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

very cool I like the motion blur, Mechwarrior needed that.

#75 Gunmage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 03 May 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

They also said that chassis had more hard points than are actually on a variant.

I guess i missed it. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

#76 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostGunmage, on 03 May 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I guess i missed it. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Anytime

#77 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 03 May 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

It's a neat look into the current build and how it has progressed from what we last saw.

Paul's developer "must do" pony diary:

Become the #1 troll.... check.
Add more bugs to the game.... check.
World domination.... ???

#78 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 03 May 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

They also said that chassis had more hard points than are actually on a variant. So the K2 could have 4 or 6 ballistic hard points on it, but the K2 with PPC only had weight for 2. :D

They did say a chassis had a whole mess of MG's, didn't they? Hmmm.... A MG or an AC/20 both take the same # of mounts. If it had multiple MG's and was a Catap, then that would give the chassis the ability to just about boat any weapon type.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY CATAP!

#79 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

the opfor jenner is named "testlb05" is that a personal choice? or just assigned for the testing?

#80 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

With the new screen shot, we now have confermation of at least one variant for the Jenner. That is the Jenner-JR7-F

http://mwomercs.com/media/screenshots/

http://www.google.co...upsYq7iAE9fmI5g

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 03 May 2012 - 11:10 AM.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users