Mw2 Movie-Remake Preview (Mw2 Intro Remake)

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Here is part of the movie project that I have been working on. Please not that it is still only a preview and has several place holders for key elements to be added later.

The final product will either be several 15 minute episodes or one large 90 minute film. I have yet to decide which to do.

The title is also up for debate. It will either be "The Clans" or "31st Century Combat."

I'm leaning more towards The Clans, but it is a group decision.

If you are interested in helping out in any way, please shoot me a PM.

Edited by Kilroy, 21 November 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#2 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Killroy this is awesome. Can we get a little cockpit glowies in your feature.

Edited by PropagandaWar, 24 November 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#3 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 24 November 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Killroy this is awesome. Can we get a little cockpit glowies in your feature.

Certainly! I wasn't sure at first if I should include it since the original MW2 intro did not have them, but since this is a remake I guess I can do things like that without upsetting any hard core fans.

#4 Firestorm43

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Looks pretty good so far! As this game--and that intro cinematic--was my introduction to the BattleTech/MechWarrior franchise, this one has a special place in my heart (though the MW2: Mercs intro might be the best). Always love seeing someone recreate it.

So, what are the other episodes, or the rest of the film, going to be about? That is If you've decided on that yet. Will it be more about the infamous Alpha Assault or Bravo Cadet we see here? Or is it just going to be a smattering of new scenarios put together by you or whoever else is working on this with you?

#5 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostFirestorm43, on 24 November 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Looks pretty good so far! As this game--and that intro cinematic--was my introduction to the BattleTech/MechWarrior franchise, this one has a special place in my heart (though the MW2: Mercs intro might be the best). Always love seeing someone recreate it.

So, what are the other episodes, or the rest of the film, going to be about? That is If you've decided on that yet. Will it be more about the infamous Alpha Assault or Bravo Cadet we see here? Or is it just going to be a smattering of new scenarios put together by you or whoever else is working on this with you?

The story will be the plot of the game. It will open with something similar to the dialogue at the beginning of Mechwarrior 3's intro and then move into this. This will shift into the view of the Summoner/Thor pilot and give a remixed Jade Falcon intro. After that it will be a mix of 3-4 missions from the game from various perspectives and finishing with the game's ending. I will be including fully animated pilot as well, but I don't have any renders clips for them yet.

#6 Firestorm43

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Oh wow. So, in effect, MechWarrior 2: The Movie. Excellent. Will be watching your progress on this.

#7 Treehugger

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see more! ;)
By the way, how was this made? Has a slight cel element to it which looks pretty cool.

#8 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostKilroy, on 24 November 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

Certainly! I wasn't sure at first if I should include it since the original MW2 intro did not have them, but since this is a remake I guess I can do things like that without upsetting any hard core fans.

Rendering back then took forever so they probably went light in that area. With your vid seeing it full blown would be bad ***.

#9 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm working on the HUD now.

If anyone wants to see a particular mission over the others now is the time to say it before I start work on them.

#10 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

I was surprised when I noticed that the graphics used here were cell shaded. I hadn't expect that, and it worked out pretty well.

#11 Source Control

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTOP THE WHINING

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Look at the bright side kid, you get to keep app the money.

#12 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostThontor, on 28 February 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

3 months since the last post... Necromancy at its finest.

I am curious if Kilroy ever finished this.

Life hit me a lot of stuff. It's still going, but I'm the only artist left on the project and I now am running my own studio between things.

Currently I'm focusing on making the assets for this. (Mechs, vehicles, pilots, environments, etc.)

The movie will probably be chopped up into 5-10 minute episodes in a series now, just so the workload doesn't kill me.

If anyone would like that help it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a Kell Hound Battlemaster that will be featured at one point. (No cel shading yet.)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users