Jump to content

Transparency Of Rules (Bryan You Did Promise You Would Get Back To Us)

187 replies to this topic

#181 Indoorsman


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostMalevolent Twitch, on 26 December 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hmm. I was not the one to revive it. Perhaps you could go Troll them?

I was just pointing out that things don't always make sense.

#182 CDLord HHGD


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostThontor, on 26 December 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

It is just one roll, not multiple rolls.

Say the game rolls a random number 1-100:

1-58 (58%) = 0 crits
59-83 (25%) = 1 crit
84-97 (14%) = 2 crits
98-100 (3%) = 3 crits

So each hit has a 58% chance of no crit, and a 42% chance of one or more crits.

Each crit does the full damage of the weapon. If you roll for 2 or 3 crits, each of the extra crits does the full weapon damage as well.

I think you are suggesting rather than multiplying by the number of crits, you divide the weapon damage... Meaning an if an AC/5 rolls 3 crits, it will only do 1.67 damage per crit...(5/3)

This would kinda go against the whole idea that extra crits are a bonus. Dividing the damage likes that makes it bad to get bonus crits, not good.

I see your point. Still an AC/5 allowed to do 15 points seems a bit brutal. But, not like I haven't been playing under these rules anyways. The percentages too, I see it now. IMO, poor way of explaining it, your list is nicer. :P

#183 xDeityx


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

It's the lack of communication that proves we are beta testers in name only. We are primarily here to fund the game and give typical end-user feedback.

This article from the Elder Game video game development blog really sums up why testers need to know what the hell they are testing. It basically points out that there's no way to know whether the anomaly you discovered while testing is a feature or a bug unless it's been documented by the game developers.

#184 OneEyed Jack


  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Open beta is rarely about a lot of direct communication between devs and testers. It has more to do with getting a large pool of people to test the system and allow them to gather data. Considering that once the game is playable by the public, most of the communication with the players is in the form of whining and tantrums, they can't really be expected to treat every person playing as a beta tester in the same sense as they do in closed beta.



  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:37 AM


That was your first mistake. Believing it.

#186 Rayyner


  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

What is formula off "Heat Efficiency" HE?

Please answer in form
HE= formula

and say about components of formula

Edited by Rayyner, 31 March 2013 - 11:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users