53 replies to this topic

#21 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Well you have just got my $100 infusion but I agree, fix this stuff.

#22 Glory in the Highest

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

For the record, shame on any devs that respond to their loyal player base's criticism and requests with scorn and ridicule.

Unprofessional, say I.

And all you apologists can stay on your knees over there, it's cool, I'm headed out the door for the night anyway.

Edited by Glory, 22 November 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#23 AvatarofWhat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAntares

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Wow! 700 matches since Oct 29th.

Wins / Losses:

475 / 226

Damage Done:

Kill / Deaths:

841 / 264

Kill / Death Ratio:

Kill Assists:

Just saying... I'm glad, despite all the issues you are experiencing, you seem to still be having lots of fun. I hope you'll see an improvement in the coming weeks, as we address a lot of your concerns. The team is hardening right now, which means we're focusing on squashing bugs.

Was there a real need to post up his stats for everyone to see? I thought there was a reason they were private, but I guess not. You could have kept it at just telling us that he played over 700 matches...

Just because he's having fun does not mean that the game couldn't be many times better if the issues hes mentioning are addressed. He already paid for legendary founder and now it just feels like your trying to bash him for playing and enjoying a game that he already contributed for double what a normal game costs. That he suggests he will spend much more money yet for issues that would have been resolved in many other games alpha stages should be a good thing, not something to bash him over. Thanks for responding with an update but they way you did it comes off as if your trying to make him look hypocritical in a veiled way.

On another note: Thanks for the hard work! I look forward to the bug fixes and hopefully my FPS will once again improve after the hit it took last patch.

#24 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

I would buy more now, but waiting to see what is coming out.. ..still have 14,000 MC to spare and should get my second atlas tonight, 9 mechs should keep me busy for a while.. ..more hero mechs pls!! :)

p.s. bryan, i would love to know the amount of damage i have done, when can we see this in the stats!!

Edited by White Bear 84, 22 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#25 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

communtiy manager queezing the forumuser because of their opinion... now an admin posts stats of a user who just tells the truth.

thats the way to go to trait your customer...

#26 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

....I find it odd when people get mad on behalf of someone before said person comments further :)

#27 PeekaySK

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

New player here.

For what it's worth, you just got 50 of my hard-earned dollars, not necessarily because I want to spend them on the in-game items in the current state of the game, but because I want to help make sure that the game will actually be finished. Oh sure, I'll spend the MC now that I have them (like I was going to C-bill farm for an Atlas... yeah right ;)), but that's not really important about the whole thing.

(the reason I'm writing this is mainly because when reading these forums, it drives me utterly nuts how people have no sense of scope development-wise... do you folks have any idea how many man-hours implementing something like Community Warfare takes*, even in an utterly basic form that would only have the effect of sending you all on a whining spree again?)

* - having written a game myself and having a bunch of playtesters not unlike the current community does give one a rather unique perspective, I admit :)

Edited by PeekaySK, 22 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#28 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

MechWarrior® Credits
523 / 261
Kills / Death
C-Bills
XP
222 / 258
Wins / Losses
Kill / Death Ratio
Accumulative C-Bills Per Match
Avg. XP Per Match

And it's staying that way until these issues are addressed and hero mechs are mirrored in CBill variants w/o cbill earning bonus/extra skin.

#29 cmopatrick

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Just saying... I'm glad, despite all the issues you are experiencing, you seem to still be having lots of fun. I hope you'll see an improvement in the coming weeks, as we address a lot of your concerns. The team is hardening right now, which means we're focusing on squashing bugs.

Mr. Ekman, i am afraid i fail to understand the point of your post.

like the OP, i am already invested (as the LF tag proves). also like the OP, i get frustrated with what seem serious issues.

will it matter less to you because i have NOT played as many games since the 29th? will you discount my opinion because my kdr is nothing compared what you showed us of another player's? just to save you the trouble, 224 w/ .67. i'm not embarrassed to be honest, i am not a kb/m pilot and i know it (i know you are not giving us a real analog js option any time soon, but i have never been able to dance with a kb/m and that is with trying off and on since MW2).

it would be nice to have you seem to want to show respect for the player base a bit more than the post i quote from did. did you mean to come across in that manner? if so, would you be so kind as to explain why, when the poster had good solid points?

Edited by cmopatrick, 22 November 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#30 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

I hope you'll see an improvement in the coming weeks, . . which means we're focusing on squashing bugs.

HALLELUJAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting here in my chair with a huge grin and smile on my face, which is periodically interrupted by a gleeful chuckle.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 22 November 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#31 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Bryan, If he's anything like me, hes playing reluctantly, there are times at the moment i cant even be bothered playing because of the state of the game.

Its seams that your'e trying to get us to buy MC to pay for content, but honestly there isnt anything worth buying with MC at the moment, nor would i want to pay and then play the game in its gimped state.

So i am joining Broceratops on this, voting with my wallet and until the game has a working engine (This I mean DX11 and proper lag fixes) don't expect to see my money.

#32 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Wow! 700 matches since Oct 29th -- just saying... I'm glad, despite all the issues you are experiencing, you seem to still be having lots of fun. I hope you'll see an improvement in the coming weeks, as we address a lot of your concerns. The team is hardening right now, which means we're focusing on squashing bugs.
Really? Did you really -- ...Jesus Christ.

Explain to me what went through your mind when you decided publicly posting a customer's personal statistics was okay. That's a huge invasion of privacy and an abuse of power. Completely, 100%, inexcusable. How dare you expose and attack your customers! What happened to Canadian hospitality?

I say this not out of hostility, but out of honesty: Piranha Games has by far proven themselves to be the most immature and incompetent developers I have ever seen in the gaming industry. I have seen foreign developers build games specifically around the most abusive gambling-based P2W mechanics imaginable, yet those same companies still manage to treat their customers with more respect while staying in the black each quarter.

Take a chunk of that 5 million you've been blowing on vacations to hire a new Public Representative.

#33 Doubtful Danary

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Wins / Losses:

475 / 226

Damage Done:

Kill / Deaths:

841 / 264

Kill / Death Ratio:

Kill Assists:

Wow, was that really necessary? Picking on ppl trying to help YOU out is pretty messed up. Like an immature bully trying to prove his point. If this is the kinda ppl we are dealing with there is no hope. You have just officially kept me from spending any money on this game ever again.

#34 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostFenixStryk, on 22 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Really? Did you really -- ...Jesus Christ.

Explain to me what went through your mind when you decided publicly posting a customer's personal statistics was okay. That's a huge invasion of privacy and an abuse of power. Completely, 100%, inexcusable. How dare you expose and attack your customers! What happened to Canadian hospitality?

I say this not out of hostility, but out of honesty: Piranha Games has by far proven themselves to be the most immature and incompetent developers I have ever seen in the gaming industry. I have seen foreign developers build games specifically around the most abusive gambling-based P2W mechanics imaginable, yet those same companies still manage to treat their customers with more respect while staying in the black each quarter.

Take a chunk of that 5 million you've been blowing on vacations to hire a new Public Representative.

OUCH

#35 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostMontavious, on 22 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Wow, was that really necessary? Picking on ppl trying to help YOU out is pretty messed up. Like an immature bully trying to prove his point. If this is the kinda ppl we are dealing with there is no hope. You have just officially kept me from spending any money on this game ever again.

You and I must read forums differently. I don't see an attack there at all. The guy was actually praising Broceratops, noting his high amount of play time. Showing his KDR and whatnot makes me jelly... I wish I had a number that high :)

#36 Doubtful Danary

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 22 November 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

You and I must read forums differently. I don't see an attack there at all. The guy was actually praising Broceratops, noting his high amount of play time. Showing his KDR and whatnot makes me jelly... I wish I had a number that high :)

We must, because the whole point of him doing that seemed to go right over your head.

#37 Writhenn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Wins / Losses:

475 / 226

Damage Done:

Kill / Deaths:

841 / 264

Kill / Death Ratio:

Kill Assists:

I don't think bringing up his private stats was professional at all. He's trying to make a point, something that many of us agree in, we'd be fine if you didn't introduce content for a while as long as the bugs/netcode/perfomance of the game was working fine. If that was the case, I'd gladly lay down another hundred bucks.

Here's mine just in case you'd like to use the same argument

755 / 86
Kills / Death

6,359,721C-Bills

553,361XP

506 / 49
Wins / Losses
Kill / Death Ratio

223,286.59Accumulative C-Bills Per Match

997.05Avg. XP Per Match

Edited by Writhen, 22 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#38 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 22 November 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

I read it the same way as Montavious did. Broceratops was putting forward his view, and Mr. Ekman basically said "Here are your stats, your argument is invalid".

You're Mr. Ekman to me from now on.

Edited by The Cheese, 22 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#39 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Would like to see what your stats are Bryan.... :)

Edited by White Bear 84, 22 November 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#40 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostThe Cheese, on 22 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

I read it the same way as Montavious did. Broceratops was putting forward his view, and Mr. Ekman basically said "Here are your stats, your argument is invalid".

and thats good ?
you never argue with a customer... you win the customer is pissed and leaves.. you fail and you dont stand a chance anymore.

as for me... it matches with my point of view about this company. the puzzle is finaly complete.

Edited by siLve00, 22 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users