#41 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostMontavious, on 22 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

We must, because the whole point of him doing that seemed to go right over your head.

The tone of his overall post, not just bringing up the stats, implied (in my view) an honest "we're fixing things, but glad you're still playing lots in the meantine" sentiment.

But then again that might just be me, and I'm a glass is half-full kinda guy :)

#42 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

View PostsiLve00, on 22 November 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

and thats good ?
you never argue with a customer... you win the customer is pissed and leaves.. you fail and you dont stand a chance anymore.

as for me... it matches with my point of view about this company. the puzzle is finaly complete.

You misunderstand me. I think it was a bad decision on Mr. Ekman's part. I am entirely on the customer's side.

#43 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

I pointed out PGI's lack of a professional forum presence months ago. Bryan...do your company a favor and stay out of the forums. Trolling a playerbase that is already frustrated is probably not something that gets taught in most business schools.

#44 Cferre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

View PostFenixStryk, on 22 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Really? Did you really -- ...Jesus Christ.

Explain to me what went through your mind when you decided publicly posting a customer's personal statistics was okay. That's a huge invasion of privacy and an abuse of power. Completely, 100%, inexcusable. How dare you expose and attack your customers! What happened to Canadian hospitality?

I say this not out of hostility, but out of honesty: Piranha Games has by far proven themselves to be the most immature and incompetent developers I have ever seen in the gaming industry. I have seen foreign developers build games specifically around the most abusive gambling-based P2W mechanics imaginable, yet those same companies still manage to treat their customers with more respect while staying in the black each quarter.

Take a chunk of that 5 million you've been blowing on vacations to hire a new Public Representative.

Stop acting like a 5 year old yourself. And stop ******** about nothing and get over yourself.
Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Edited by Cferre, 22 November 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#45 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 22 November 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Would like to see what your stats are Bryan.... :)

ins / Losses:

28 / 25

Damage Done:

Kill / Deaths:

27 / 34

Capture Assists:

Kill / Death Ratio:

Spotting Assists:

Kill Assists:

Salvage Bonus:

#46 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostCferre, on 22 November 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Stop acting like a 5 year old yourself. Stop ******** about nothing and get over yourself. Don't make from a mosquito an elephant.

If you don't see how TOTALLY unprofessional that post by Bryan was then you must either be very young or not work for any type of service based company. You NEVER EVER publicly humiliate a customer. NEVER.

#47 Alfred VonGunn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

What lag shooting?

#48 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostMontavious, on 22 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

We must, because the whole point of him doing that seemed to go right over your head.

Maybe. Or maybe you are reading something that isn't there. It's also possible that since Bro has been playing since early CB and has spoken to the Devs on TS, it wasn't just an attack on 'some player'. But I could be wrong.

#49 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostFenixStryk, on 22 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Really? Did you really -- ...Jesus Christ.

Explain to me what went through your mind when you decided publicly posting a customer's personal statistics was okay. That's a huge invasion of privacy and an abuse of power. Completely, 100%, inexcusable. How dare you expose and attack your customers! What happened to Canadian hospitality?

I say this not out of hostility, but out of honesty: Piranha Games has by far proven themselves to be the most immature and incompetent developers I have ever seen in the gaming industry. I have seen foreign developers build games specifically around the most abusive gambling-based P2W mechanics imaginable, yet those same companies still manage to treat their customers with more respect while staying in the black each quarter.

Take a chunk of that 5 million you've been blowing on vacations to hire a new Public Representative.

If you think PGIs devs are bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Just stroll over to STO and watch the dumb crap the Devs at Cryptic pull on a routine basis.

Mind you, I think that was a touch unprofessional on the devs part (okay alot). Our stats are private for a reason. Also there are innumerable factors that go into those stats being what they are.

I do agree though PGI shouldn't be having these kinds of ''sales'' while this game is in the state that it is. Netcode, one game mode, and 0 full team premade capability? This game is STILL infinitely better than STO mind you. But even so, it's not market worthy yet.

Edited by Mavairo, 22 November 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#50 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostGreyfyl, on 22 November 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

If you don't see how TOTALLY unprofessional that post by Bryan was then you must either be very young or not work for any type of service based company. You NEVER EVER publicly humiliate a customer. NEVER.

And just how did he publicly humiliate him? By posting his stats? Which were awesome?

Now, if he posted MY stats that would be public humiliation :)

#51 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostMavairo, on 22 November 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

If you think PGIs devs are bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Just stroll over to STO and watch the dumb crap the Devs at Cryptic pull on a routine basis.

but atleast their support is one of the best... and for the EU boards.. i cant complain about dev´s... and the community manager and helper were always very helpfull and on the "right" side.

#52 Glory in the Highest

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 22 November 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

And just how did he publicly humiliate him? By posting his stats? Which were awesome?

The point is, he could have posted your stats, Weasel. If you'd been the one to pi$$ him off, maybe he would have.

#53 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

No humiliation intended. Pure honesty. I'm glad the OP is playing lots, and we're hoping to address his concerns. His stats reflect commitment, despite being unhappy. And that holds true of many people who comment on these forums.

Just a heads up, stats are public. They will be viewable by everyone in the new year, similar to : http://www.bf2stats.net/

#54 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Stats are only private until the leaderboards come online.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users