Possible Alliances for the FRR

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible allies to the Republic? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you see us allied with?

1. Ghost bear (eventually anyways) (22 votes [35.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.48%

2. other clans? (4 votes [6.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

3. House Marik (8 votes [12.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

4. House Davion (10 votes [16.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

5. House Liao (2 votes [3.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

6. NONE WE STAND ALONE!!!! (16 votes [25.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bengar

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Seen a decent amount of stuff about possible player driven alternate reality (basically due to the game the story deviating from the original canon) and I was wondering who supported allying with various other factions.

left out Steiner and Kurita because we shall crush them regardless with or without allies ;)

Edited by Bengar, 02 May 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#2 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

No alliances... No mercy.

#3 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Bad poll! Doesn't take into account the feeding frenzy of Lone Wolves that are planning on farming clanboiz within the FRR. That, and given the salvage, the mercs willing to kill eachother for a contract just to fight there during the invasion. I really think there is an overwhelming chance for the 'FRR' to be a turbo-charged suppository for the clans this time instead of the other way around.

#4 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostBengar, on 02 May 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

left out Steiner and Kurita because we shall crush them regardless with or without allies ;)

See, the problem with that is we'll probably HAVE to deal with Steiner to deal with Davion...ya know, FedCom....

As far as Kurita...yea sure they oppressed us for hundreds of years, but they did (under threat) give the FRR half of the territory it owns today. ...though, I'm pretty dang sure allying with Kurita will NEVER happen. B)

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 02 May 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Bad poll! Doesn't take into account the feeding frenzy of Lone Wolves that are planning on farming clanboiz within the FRR. That, and given the salvage, the mercs willing to kill eachother for a contract just to fight there during the invasion. I really think there is an overwhelming chance for the 'FRR' to be a turbo-charged suppository for the clans this time instead of the other way around.

Lone wolves will get nothing out of fighting within the FRR...they forget that our mead pubs are for more than just pleasure, they're also the place where we suck the c-bills right out of the visitors' wallets.

....no, literally.

....seriously, have you ever bothered to look under the stools? There's deployable vacuums under 'em that can extend and snipe your wallet without you knowing. And don't even get me started on the wenches. Best. Wallet Ninja's. Ever.

...and as far as the FRR becoming a superpower with mercs....

...they'll have the Skjaldborg regiment sitting on the front lines. They won't NEED any more mercs.

#5 Haakon Valravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 354 posts
  • LocationSWMT

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I don't understand why neither of the realms we share a border with is listed. Given that staunch neurality isn't an option, and the Combine still occupies parts of traditional Rasalhague space, I vote Davion. I also voted Marik because they share more of our ideals than pretty much every other goverment combined. And, of course, Clan Ghost Bear. Because it's nice to have a big brother who can break peoples' sh__ when they try to steal your lunch money.

#6 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

No Liao votes?

Sheesh... ;)

#7 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostVolturnus, on 02 May 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

No Liao votes?

Sheesh... B)

It's probably more ta do with Adridos than anything else ;)

#8 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostWatchit, on 02 May 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

It's probably more ta do with Adridos than anything else :D

Ah... yeah... I just remembered Adid's quip about the FRR's women... :ph34r:

#9 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

An alliance with Davion is at the top? The very same guys that want to be allied to steiner, so they are more likely to be your enemy?

Come on, I thought you guys were smarter. Marik or Liao should be your only real options. We are enemies of your enemies or at least don't support them with troops and gear.

Myself, I would be proud to be called your ally. I have some good friends inside your border, that I want to support any way possible. But if you ally yourself with the Davies, I will have no choice but to shoot them. That would make me very, very sad. Posted Image

Edit: Please also note, that we, the Liaos, have so far not influenced your vote. As of this moment there are still zero votes for our house and nation. While there is one Marik and two Davions trying to manipulate it. Don't know about those clanners, as they don't show any flags.

Edited by Egomane, 03 May 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#10 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

I should like to think that, while a partnership with one of the warden clans makes sense at some point, I cannot see the FRR mixing its blood with that of ANY of the successor states; Raslahague just regained its independence after being mistreated by both the Kuritans AND the Steiners. I really cannot see them being content with any such partnership again (which is why it was surprising to see them go completely neutral, yet keep trade relations open with both houses).

The reason I say the warden clans are a possibility is that many of them pulled up their roots in Clan space and moved, entirely, to the Inner Sphere, and coexisted peacefully with their neighbors (Ghost Bears, Hell's Horses, Nova Cats, etc.). The FRR would stand to gain a great deal of strength, in terms of military, technology, and trade, from such a partnership, and most of the warden clans generally don't interfere with the daily lives of the people with whom they share space/planets.

As I am merely a member of Gamma Galaxy, I cannot speak for all the Horses, but I think such a partnership would be awesome...especially if we end up kicking the Wolves out of most of their Occupation Zone, and allying with the Wolves in Exile and the Ghost Bears, as in the canon storyline. :D

All we have to do is get rid of Khan Malavai Fletcher... :ph34r:

Edited by Aethon, 03 May 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#11 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

View PostEgomane, on 02 May 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

An alliance with Davion is at the top?

Well, it does make sense from a gaming point of view. The FRR and FedSuns share no border, so there wont be any fights between them. Of couse this is also true for the FWL and CC.

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 03 May 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#12 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

I would suggest you partnership with FWL. :ph34r:

Your main enemies are Steiner, which also makes allying Daviots impossible. Kuritans don't want to conquer you, they allowed you freedom for them to be free of Steiners, so they can fully concentrate on Daviots, but they still don't like you so no alliance there, either. We don't share a border and there is basically no way any side would profit fom the agreement (apart from me stopping undermining your propaganda and changing barrels of mead for barrels of some yuk Daviot sirup). That basically means that only ally that you could possibly profit from are FWL, because you share the same enemy and they have lots of factories. :D

That is a strategic view on your situation, but for all I care, try to ally Daviots, it's still going to be useless. B)

#13 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

I cant vote on this because the OBVIOUS alliance partner would be Steiner.

Lets face it, we have two enemies.
1. Kurita
2. All the Clans

Steiner also hate the snakes just like us and they will also fight the tincan born that come later. They organised the TYR regiment with Rasalhague freedom fighters to liberate Rasalhague.

Davion would also work against the snakes and as they are part of the FedCom with Steiner its good to.

#14 Argatson Krieghammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNot hiding in your closet

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Maybe we could ally with the Free Worlds League? I mean, they are TECHNICALLY a democray. and they HAVE had rulers not from Marik.

#15 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

I will warn you now, you can't trust steiner, or the CC, for that matter, I don't know, maybe they changed, and if they did, then I'm really friggin surprised... as I expect a knife rather than payment with the steiner pukes... the capellans, I don't know what to expect, they is just nuts.

#16 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Also, if you added Ghost Bears, why not even add RotS? :D

They are almost the same as you: republic, made from the former territories of other houses and got stomped in the lore not so long after its start.

#17 Mangrey

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

The Dracons and Fedcoms are going to help the FRR when the Clans attack. the would give us the GUN-1ERD
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gunslinger

mang

Edited by Mangrey, 03 May 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#18 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostAdridos, on 03 May 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

Also, if you added Ghost Bears, why not even add RotS? :D

They are almost the same as you: republic, made from the former territories of other houses and got stomped in the lore not so long after its start.

Have you any idea about the year we will start in MWO setting? RotS is very very far away in the future and as such a non option.

#19 Malkenson

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

I've voted for Marik... Because, they historically will become an economic powerhouse, providing nearly every one with advanced tech.
As the Snakes shall concentrate on House Davion, perhaps we should concentrate on Steiner. Having an ally we could attempt to link up with might pay off best for us latter.

Besides, once the Snakes are done with Davion, we can then settle things with them... :D

*But really folks, Comstar has been for some time our truest ally. Sadly, some one seemed to have overlooked Comstar as a faction.*

#20 Bengar

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostHaakon Valravn, on 02 May 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

I don't understand why neither of the realms we share a border with is listed. Given that staunch neurality isn't an option, and the Combine still occupies parts of traditional Rasalhague space, I vote Davion. I also voted Marik because they share more of our ideals than pretty much every other goverment combined. And, of course, Clan Ghost Bear. Because it's nice to have a big brother who can break peoples' sh__ when they try to steal your lunch money.

given our shared border I dont feel an alliance would work out, we would be stuck with no way to gain territory and if they ever turned on us we would be in a bad position and historically we are not the best of friends anyways so its best to ally with those on their other border so they would have to fight on two fronts if they started conflicts (davion vs Kurita and everyone else vs steiner)

Edited by Bengar, 03 May 2012 - 12:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users