Do You Really Want To Buy Non-Permanent Skin Upgrades?

124 replies to this topic

Poll: Your opinions on skins. (429 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to spend money on skins that are temporary in nature?

1. Yes, but only one set. (23 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

2. Yes, and multiple sets. (30 votes [6.99%])

Percentage of vote: 6.99%

3. No (376 votes [87.65%])

Percentage of vote: 87.65%

What about if they unlocked permanently for the specific mech variant?

1. Yes, but only one set. (111 votes [25.87%])

Percentage of vote: 25.87%

2. Yes, and multiple sets. (180 votes [41.96%])

Percentage of vote: 41.96%

3. No (138 votes [32.17%])

Percentage of vote: 32.17%

Would you buy skins if theyunlocked for all of a mech's variants?

1. Yes, but only one set. (54 votes [12.59%])

Percentage of vote: 12.59%

2. Yes, and multiple sets. (335 votes [78.09%])

Percentage of vote: 78.09%

3. No. (40 votes [9.32%])

Percentage of vote: 9.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Velete

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Definetly unlock for future use for me, this way id collect a bunch of colours and camos as they were released, painting my mechs on a daily basis.

As is ill paint two mechs im keeping forever just the once and prolly never touch the camo system again except for the c-bill basics...

#122 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

I like how it is now. It makes sense PGI income wise, and there will likely be other pomotions like PC Gamer mag colors. Keep an eye out for them.

#123 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 25 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Not only would i pay for it.. i will pay for it no matter how they roll it out. There is no way to put a price on customization for me. Ofc i like to pay as little as i can but the current price/implementation is not a roadblock on my amazing race to a awesome mech.

Well most of reality actually do that, like your house if you get one... no free repaint there ... Same with your car... and your haircut... and those classy jeans you bought back in ´98 but now are done for.. no free replacement of them.

And as i said have said before.. If hero mechs and this is the price to keep them away from irritating stuff such as rental mechs and MC ammo it is ok by me.

Hmm, all of those points would pertinent if we weren't talking about imaginary giant future space robots.

Edited by Narcisoldier, 30 November 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#124 Cola

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

The only colors I'll use are the 3 I got for free with PC gamer. As none of the C-bill only colors are worth a ****. My founders MC, vary likely to be the only MC I will ever have, so not really willing to spend it on something like paint, as much as I would like to use my unit colors, the blue doesn't work and there is no gold, that $1 for black is pointless.
I use mostly my founders mechs and I can only change one color on them and it has vary little effect overall so no painting for now.
You want me to spend money? give me something worth it, like Morgen Kell's Archer, that is a real man's hero mech. I have around 100 or so battle tech source books and novels from the earliest to the dark age and have no idea who Grigori Kovalenko is.

#125 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

I dislike the current paint system (which doesn't matter too much, as I usually use my founder mechs), but the colors aren't very organized. You'd think you could at least do the 3 primary, the 3 secondary, white and black for your mechs, right now we have like puke orange, dark red, and light grey or something like that. If I kept a color when I bought it, or it wasn't a dollar a color, I would probably work on it more.

Founder mechs also get nothing from the coloring, they should at least be visible when you change that one stripe. As it is, changing it doesn't really do anything.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 30 November 2012 - 07:55 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users