So: Weapon Balancing Pass Update

2 replies to this topic

#1 ski2060

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Has anyone seen the recent posts by Paul over in the Command Chair forum?

It seems we have some weapon changes coming in the next few patches. Get ready for people to cheer/roar/whine etc.

http://mwomercs.com/...apon-balancing/

some excerpts:
Screen Shake on Weapon Impact Update:

Numbers have been set. Moving into our pre-release builds today or tomorrow. Once approved by QA/Testing, we will push this into the live servers. Again, what is happening is that the AC20 will still rock you pretty hard, the 10,5,2's not so much. The Gauss sits somewhere between the AC20 and the AC10 and all missiles are at about the same level as an AC2 (which is pretty small movement).

The artists will also be reducing the smokescreen effect when you start getting peppered by numerous projectiles (ACs Missiles etc.)

Again, this is all just FYI for now. I will give you an exact date for the patch when I find out.
Gauss Rifle Update:

This Gauss Rifle change is going live Dec. 4th.

----

Gauss Rifle is going to become very fragile.
  • The Gauss Rifle is going to have it's internal health dropped substantially.
  • Once armor surrounding a Gauss Rifle has been removed, there is going to be a high probability that the Gauss Rifle will detonate via critical hits when that component gets hit by enemy fire.

#2 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Postski2060, on 29 November 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Has anyone seen the recent posts by Paul over in the Command Chair forum?

It seems we have some weapon changes coming in the next few patches. Get ready for people to cheer/roar/whine etc.

http://mwomercs.com/...apon-balancing/

some excerpts:
Screen Shake on Weapon Impact Update:

Numbers have been set. Moving into our pre-release builds today or tomorrow. Once approved by QA/Testing, we will push this into the live servers. Again, what is happening is that the AC20 will still rock you pretty hard, the 10,5,2's not so much. The Gauss sits somewhere between the AC20 and the AC10 and all missiles are at about the same level as an AC2 (which is pretty small movement).

The artists will also be reducing the smokescreen effect when you start getting peppered by numerous projectiles (ACs Missiles etc.)

Again, this is all just FYI for now. I will give you an exact date for the patch when I find out.
Gauss Rifle Update:

This Gauss Rifle change is going live Dec. 4th.

----

Gauss Rifle is going to become very fragile.
  • The Gauss Rifle is going to have it's internal health dropped substantially.
  • Once armor surrounding a Gauss Rifle has been removed, there is going to be a high probability that the Gauss Rifle will detonate via critical hits when that component gets hit by enemy fire.

I wonder how the explosion will work.

Im hoping it will destroy the area, but not carry any damage over.

This makes it deadly to pack gauss in the same slot as XLs, slowing down gaussapults speed.

At the same time it only makes it slightly easier to take a gauss cent\dragon's arm off. As once the armor is gone the gun never lasted long anyway.

#3 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

The explosion itself should act like an ammo explosion. If you don't want transfer, you will have to use case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users