#1 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

After tremendous numbers of reports indicating such, I've GOT TO ASK

Do we or do we not have Through Armor Criticals enabled? Or is it just a faulty paperdoll with weapon damage updated faster than the weapons destroyed?

#2 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

ive had my weaposn critted with the armor up...and sometimes only with the internals bright orange....havent really tested to find out...But i have been running an srm6 A1 all day, i have noticed that sometimes critting a mech with certain weapons seems to really wipe out more than others....sometimes ive alpha striked mechs and stripped off everything but the center torso....

#3 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

No, I don't mean blowing up torsos and ruining structure, I mean, why are my teammates losing weapons when they "still have armor" in all locations? Or is it just another manifestation of the slowly-updated paperdoll...

#4 Barnsy

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostKobura, on 25 November 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

No, I don't mean blowing up torsos and ruining structure, I mean, why are my teammates losing weapons when they "still have armor" in all locations? Or is it just another manifestation of the slowly-updated paperdoll...

I've had that happen a number of times, find that I can't use my weapon even though the weapon in question is still intact.

#5 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

It is through armor crits. My Dragon is always losing its torso mounted weapons way before my CT armor is depleted.

#6 Tyrolus Lucien

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Actually had something similar myself. I was driving my CN9-AL and had yellow armor on a missing leg...leg blown off, but armor still present....Not real sure how that occurred.

#7 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

I don't think through armor criticals are implemented, though if you had ammo anywhere on you mech, that can blow up and spread to adjacent armored sections of your mech (unless you have CASE). Also overheating multiple times can cause internal damage.

#8 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostWatchit, on 26 November 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

Also overheating multiple times can cause internal damage.

I think that only happens for those part of the mech generating heat(where weapons are mounted and are firing) and the CT.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users