Rhod League Update (11/26/12)

5 replies to this topic

#1 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

It's been a while since I've made an update. PGI has announced that we'll get group vs. grou play on December 4th. This means, that we'll start testing to see how reasonable it still is to perform matchmaking. If all goes well, the league will start up again on December 11th. Matches that were previously completed will stay.

As for any changes to the league format, there will not be any changes at this time. I have considered adding an 'open' drop to the rotation, and may do that at some point. In future seasons, we will probably switch to a tonnage format, perhaps a mixed tonnage/class, format, to allow more flexibility, and thus to encourage teams to compare the strength of a mech to its tonnage, to make the best possible drop dec.

So if you still haven't submitted your roster, get them in please. Also, leaders, it would be helpful if you join the RHOD forums as we have a separate leader's access, so that we can discuss league issues, concerns, conflicts, etc.

Edited by TheMagician, 26 November 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#2 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Can't wait for the league to start up - want to see some great matches between some awesome teams. We've got some fantastic teams lined up with 40 in the NA division. Only 13 in the EU Division - come on EU let's see some more teams signed up!!!

#3 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Once again, looking forward to the footage of competitive gameplay.

#4 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

I can't wait to get some competitive tournament play back in. I'll see you on the field Runz with my fellow Wolf Spiders :wacko:

#5 Blackie Flawless

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Very good. Let the torture end.

#6 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hey Blackfang definitely looking forward to seeing you guys on the field it'll be a lot of fun ^^

Gotta agree with you Cattra - I hope as many people as possible fraps so we stitch the footage together for better shoutcasts. It's a bit of a shame when the fraps is from the light scout mech perspective when all the fighting is on the other side of the map lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users