Clan Arrives In Jan?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Purlana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

According to the timeline, shouldn't the clans be arriving in January?

#2 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

March.

#3 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

And nothing says they're playable at that point.

#4 Purlana

• 1,647 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostKunae, on 26 November 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

March.

So at this rate we won't have CW before the clan invades?

#5 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostPurlana, on 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

So at this rate we won't have CW before the clan invades?

i expect them to push it back by a year if they want to still do a 1 for 1. i would applaud that decision greatly.

just to put it into perspective thats 5 months from now. in the last 5 months they added 4 mechs, 1 map, maybe a dozen mechlab items, with the largest features being the DHS/ES/FF patch.

in another 5 months I really don't see how they can get a MM working, fix netcode, fix bugs, do CW, AND make all these clan tech/mechs on top of more IS mechs/tech. this isn't even a bash on PGI. that's a lot of stuff and not a lot of time for any studio.

i dont think sticking to their original timeline regarding MWO/BT universe integration makes sense given that MWO development has been pushed back. also the IS not so boring ... we could definitely do at least a year of IS CW....what's the point of factions if we're all going to be fighting the clans anyway.

Edited by Broceratops, 26 November 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#6 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

sorry guys but according to the PC gamer mag, the clans will not be introduced until summer of 2013. Now that can be any month sure... but it does say summer of 2013. And im ok with that because we cant get the Clans anyway until the rest of the game is running better. We have way to many problems and bugs with just what we have, to then go and introduce a whole new major component such as the Clans, their mech and tech. Lets work with what we have in the Inner Sphere first.

To be honest... I kind of wish PGI would have went with the earlier time line and not run themselves into a corner with ongoing issues as we have now just to come down to crunch time and have to rush even more because everyone is now expecting the Clans.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 26 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#7 Kobold

• Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostBroceratops, on 26 November 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

i expect them to push it back by a year if they want to still do a 1 for 1. i would applaud that decision greatly.

i dont think sticking to their original timeline regarding MWO/BT universe integration makes sense given that MWO development has been pushed back. also the IS not so boring ... we could definitely do at least a year of IS CW....what's the point of factions if we're all going to be fighting the clans anyway.

Well yes and no... the latter statement I agree with, in the sense that they shouldn't be rushing into things they aren't ready for. If they need to reset the timeline, then so be it. Making the game actually... well... FUNCTIONAL... is far more important.

That being said, I would much rather see no players as clanners until after the treaty of Tukayyid. The theory being that other than a handful of "main character" battles, most of the clan v. IS battles up to that point were laughers in favor of the clans. It would just be simpler to have them show up as advertising videos (battle ROMs) and news items about how the strange invaders are wiping out the FRR and chunks of DC and LC (well, FC).

Once some stability has been achieved post Tukayyid, then integrate the clanners into CW. Clanners can fight amongst themselves, as well as fight for Drac/Lyran worlds north of the truce line. This would give people clan/clan, clan/IS, and IS/IS battles, depending on what faction they wanted.

#8 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

By summer they mean August, Summer is just a nice way of putting it.

#9 River McCain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationTropical Paradise

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_invasion

Sarna is your friend. ^_^

#10 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostBroceratops, on 26 November 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

just to put it into perspective thats 5 months from now. in the last 5 months they added 4 mechs, 1 map, maybe a dozen mechlab items, with the largest features being the DHS/ES/FF patch.

You forget that they also upgraded the entire game engine, which took a lot of dev time and was a major step forward. This work is AFAIK complete and they can concentrate on bug fixing and content instead.

#11 Armorpiercer M82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

can someone put in short, for what are the clans ? specialized mechs for each one clan ?

#12 Tuhalu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yup. March/April next year would be the first wave of the invasion to hit the Inner Sphere. But that doesn't mean we'll get to fight against or as Clanners then. Most of the battles in the first through third waves were "pug-stomps" with the clans romping over poorly prepared defenders. There were a couple of exceptions, but this part of the invasion was really pretty boring for both sides. It wasn't until the fourth wave in July-October of 3050 that the Clans actually suffered any defeats.

In many ways, it makes a heck of a lot of sense to delay playing for or against the clans until at least July next year. Unless they limit the gameplay to inter-clan battles only.

#13 River McCain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationTropical Paradise

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostArmorpiercer M82, on 26 November 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

can someone put in short, for what are the clans ? specialized mechs for each one clan ?

Not short but these are the Clans.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clans

#14 Alois Hammer

• 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostArmorpiercer M82, on 26 November 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well, it can't really be made too short...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clans

Capsule version, the Clans are a second set of factions with absurdly superior technology and mechs, piloted by specifically bred mechwarriors.

#15 Max Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationThe real dairy state

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 26 November 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

sorry guys but according to the PC gamer mag, the clans will not be introduced until summer of 2013. Now that can be any month sure... but it does say summer of 2013............

And open beta was the "summer of 2012". Son, if you even for a second believe that PGI will meet that time line, I got a brigde to sell you......very cheap even.

#16 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Postborisof007, on 26 November 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

By summer they mean August, Summer is just a nice way of putting it.

Of everything they have planned to do in this game, Clan mechs are the only one I have absolute confidence that they are going to get out the door ASAP. And you know why.

#17 ollo

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

View Postwanderer, on 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

And nothing says they're playable at that point.

I'd be happy if the houses were playable by this point... ^_^

Edited by ollo, 26 November 2012 - 02:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users