Reporting Problem Players

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Reporting Problem Players (169 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of system should PGI put in place for players to report bad behavior such as suicide farming, team killing, in game harassment, ect. ?

1. Place a report button beside player names at the end of the match so that players from both teams can report problems instantly. (121 votes [71.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.60%

2. Place a button in the hud that summons a PGI moderator to spectate the game and view the situation as it is happening or has happened. (9 votes [5.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

3. Keep it the way it is, but with more enforcement. (24 votes [14.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.20%

4. There is nothing wrong with the current system. (6 votes [3.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

5. Other... Explanation in the comments. (9 votes [5.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

i would greatly prefer the "League of Legends" post-match screen. not only to report abuse or hacks, but also to review my personal and other player's stats a bit longer. might aswell add some damage charts to lookup your accuracy and a paper doll which shows where most of your hits did go during the match. fun times!

#42 Particle Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Place a report button beside player names at the end of the match so that players from both teams can report problems instantly.

that would never get abused by buthurt losers that are buthurt from losing. Causing support staff to waste their time invesitgating legit wins/kills/pwnage

View PostBluten, on 27 November 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Right now it isn't grieving, despite whatever you want to call it, it's just efficient farming.

except according to the devs it IS griefing.

Edited by Particle Man, 27 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#43 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

View Postpjnt, on 26 November 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Stats made public and once you get nailed to many times with screenshots, too, you're taking a break to consider your evil ways.

This is what I was thinking, why can't we take screenshots in the game without a 3rd party program for that too? Is that not the answer? You sorta need evidence to convict someone. I think that's the place to start. Is it that hard to implement a screenshot function? This is the only game I've ever wanted to have it & it's like the only game I've ever seen that doesn't. :)

Maybe there could be a screenshot key that is such a button. It sends the screenshot(s) straight to PGI, or holds the shot(s) until you leave the match to add your comments (if any) & then click a submit button to send it all automatically to the right peep(s). It would also be nice for team killers if all damage dealt to your own teammates could be recorded to compare against claims of prickery.

Another thing I think would be nice is if double the damage value of any FF is subtracted from the overall damage done at the end of the match. Like if I accidentally alpha my own brah & do 50 damage to him & I then hit an opponent with half my alpha 'cuz my aim is complete kife, doing 25 damage & that's all I accomplished during the match for damage then I should get credit for -75 damage at the end of the match. A consequence for carelessness. If someone runs in front of you while your lasers are blasting, the way I see it it should be on you to point them elsewhere. It's harder to change the direction of a mech's travel than to change the direction it's firing.

Edited by Freeride Forever, 27 November 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#44 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Don't put a report button on the match because it will probably be abused by the loosing team. If there is a problem player, people will take the extra time (hopefully) to go fire off an email. If there is an easily accessible button, you'll get players raging because they lost and it's right there for them to click.

Instead, track or record matches so evidence can be presented with a better reporting feature.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 27 November 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#45 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Dcers, afkers, suicide farmers are making the game pretty difficult to enjoy right now. It feels like they are becoming more and more prevalent. This needs to be addressed.

#46 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostBlack Templar, on 27 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

i would greatly prefer the "League of Legends" post-match screen. not only to report abuse or hacks, but also to review my personal and other player's stats a bit longer. might aswell add some damage charts to lookup your accuracy and a paper doll which shows where most of your hits did go during the match. fun times!

I agree!

#47 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostBelkor, on 27 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Dcers, afkers, suicide farmers are making the game pretty difficult to enjoy right now. It feels like they are becoming more and more prevalent. This needs to be addressed.

I know man. Hopefully PGI will see how unhappy people are with the lack of disciplinary action to stop these behaviors so we can all have a larger portion of our games be normal.

#48 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostFreeride Forever, on 27 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Maybe there could be a screenshot key that is such a button. It sends the screenshot(s) straight to PGI, or holds the shot(s) until you leave the match to add your comments (if any) & then click a submit button to send it all automatically to the right peep(s). It would also be nice for team killers if all damage dealt to your own teammates could be recorded to compare against claims of prickery.

I dig this!

#49 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

I like the reporting button idea, but I'd like to follow up on that - I'd like to see a text box included so that players can include the reason WHY they are reporting the offending player.

Also, a system put in place so that players who report haphazardly or as sore losers are punished.

#50 Keltzmaa

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I would really like to see something in the in match interface to more quickly report users for violations. Very specifically limeted to prohibited behavior accoding to PGI. A report button coupled with a dropdown of offenses to hopefully reduce abuse. This should also include some built in logging/screen shots (as i've been asked by the support staff for screenshots to support my suicide overheater reports).

That being said, I don't want to see anything automated that would lock players out of matches without a human reviewing the reports.

#51 JPsi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostQuad Ace, on 27 November 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

Big issue there is reports are frequently made against people for many reasons that aren't actually problems. I actually went to tribunal and was given a temporary ban for "feeding" before my first week was out. That's right, unable to play the game because I sucked. Not the best way of doing things.

Thats definitely a case of it going wrong. As far as my playing experience of the game has gone, I've yet to see something like that. The key to the "feeding" ban is that it should show intent. Yours is the first case I've seen where that isn't what happened.

I do believe in the tribunal system, but alone it isn't quite enough (it also needs admins reviewing cases and a ban appeals process), LoL even recognises this. Its part of why they brought in the "Honor" system. In tandem these systems have done a significant amount in reducing the griefing behaviour. Possibly I've just been lucky lately but it feels like there has been an extreme improvement in behaviour now that both those systems have been implemented.

Its not perfect, but as far as it goes, its performed better than any method I've seen in an online game I've played so far.

#52 Mykosh

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

Posted Imagec10ak3d, on 27 November 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

A "Never drop with this player again" button one can click at the end of the game, would be a good solution. anytime one clicks launch the match making system checks your list and just doesn't drop you in any game with player you have clicked "never play with this player again" is playing.

Dear Friend,

your thinking in solutions, not problems...thats awesome!

I have to drop a big "but", since the thing you are asking for will not come, and will never come. You might be able to ignore another player in chat or in social. But please, just think about the bottleneck in programming the matchfinder for people with that.

Here's the thing, both WoW and SWTOR have ignore options. When you ignore another player not only do you not receive in game chats from them but you never are paired with them in either dungeon or pvp drops. The system works. There's plenty of people that play this game that this would be an effective way of not dropping with annoying players again. However, there needs to be some way of reporting players as well for blatant TKing. It just happened to me in a drop where another mech was facing me and simply took my head off for no reason, after shooting me all match. Players like that need to be removed from the game period. They ruin the gaming experience for the rest. A report button on the client launcher would be a great idea. To open a window to send a report on a player. If the offense was grave enough people will remember the pilot name in order to report them. If you place a button in the end match screen you will get too many minor beefs or incidental team shooting reports.

#53 Chang Wallace

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Is there anyway to report players now? I was just trolled by a guy named 8DD and it seems like there's no way to report players. I've also read other posts that report him, but nothing has been done about him. This has been going on for about a month now.

#54 Arcadinal

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I would very much like to see some kind of chat log implemented. I've been noticing a major increase over the past few weeks in the number of racist and homophobic comments being thrown around in chat, but I'm frequently too busy fighting to take note of who said what. It's defenitely negatively impacting my fun, however.

#55 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

The idea of a report button beside someone's name could be abused.

The way to report now Isn't the greatest, but at least It takes a little effort to report someone instead of a button that could be team spammed.

So I'd say It has room for improvement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users