165 replies to this topic

#141 Larshas

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 88 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostSennin, on 01 December 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

If the ability to mount three gauss rifles doesnt bother you that is fine but that 3xUAC5 + 3 Med Laser build is going to shred almost anything in seconds and it's the only 'Mech chassis capable of doing it while not having to sacrifice anything.

For the moment. There's a first time for everything. If they only released new mech builds we already had all the time what would be the point of getting different mechs ever? I really wouldn't call 3 UAC5 and 3 Medium Lasers a game breaking build. And as scary as it might be to get shot at by 3 UAC5 I'm still going to be more worried about getting dual gauss and thousands of LRMs shoved down my throat. Not to mention jamming. I'd say the majority of players won't have all 3 UAC5 up for very long in a match.

#142 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostLarshas, on 01 December 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

For the moment. There's a first time for everything. If they only released new mech builds we already had all the time what would be the point of getting different mechs ever? I really wouldn't call 3 UAC5 and 3 Medium Lasers a game breaking build. And as scary as it might be to get shot at by 3 UAC5 I'm still going to be more worried about getting dual gauss and thousands of LRMs shoved down my throat. Not to mention jamming. I'd say the majority of players won't have all 3 UAC5 up for very long in a match.

3x UAC5 3x Mlas is hardly better than my -4X: 2x AC/2 2x UAC5 or my -1x: 5x Mlas AC/20 builds.

Especially considering how much ammo you are talking about carrying to feed 3x UAC5's. There is little to fear, but it will allow some unique loadouts.

Edited by Jetfire, 01 December 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#143 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostJetfire, on 01 December 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

3x UAC5 3x Mlas is hardly better than my -4X: 2x AC/2 2x UAC5 or my -1x: 5x Mlas AC/20 builds.

Especially considering how much ammo you are talking about carrying to feed 3x UAC5's. There is little to fear, but it will allow some unique loadouts.

I volunteer you to go over the ridge line first.

#144 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostTsunamisan, on 01 December 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

If all the ballistics are in different location this would be a prim exampl of a Pay to Win mech. Essentiually putclassing everything else in its mech class. Not even assault mech can match the efficiancy of a 2 gauss mech and if this on can carry 3 then well thats going to be way over the top specially for a premium mech.

Think triple gauss is OP???? LOL! :D To carry the weight of 3 gauss rifles (15 tons each! and at least 6 tons of ammo to make it realistic so you are carrying 51 tons of weapons in a 70 ton mech! how much room is left for armor and engine???), the balancing is the amount of armor you actually need to strip and that you are putting on a time bomb on your arms and torso! Any critical hit to these areas will set off an explosion on the gauss rifle that kills you! You don't know that gauss rifles EXPLODE??? that's the balancing. Also, since the gauss are set on both arms and low in the torso, this means that you need to be fully exposed in order to fire all 3 at an enemy. This means no shooting from cover. This along with the weak armor and the exploding gauss makes it extremely vulnerable, i.e, a glass cannon and just a fun mech setup without any serious combat effectiveness. Anyone who can play this mech well is a player with skill. Don't believe? Try it yourself. :angry:

Edited by Pr8Dator, 02 December 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#145 Shinzok

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationRaamsdonksveer, The Netherlands.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

well if your team is able to keep the enemy outside of their targetting range , it could just pegg shot from 1000 meters at people ? right ? or ?

#146 Nightfangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hm... I still don't especially like the cataphract.
It's still like the ballistic version of the awesome... nice stats on paper, lots of guns, but too fragile and tempting a target to survive an ugly fight.
If PGI makes some bucks with it, I'm fine with it, but one cataphract is more than enough for me.

#147 Robert blackseven Sohn

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 31 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostShinzok, on 02 December 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

well if your team is able to keep the enemy outside of their targetting range , it could just pegg shot from 1000 meters at people ? right ? or ?

The enemy will send lights or fast mediums to engage you, even if they have to take a lot of damage or go the long way.

#148 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Why has no one mentioned the obvious? We don't need 3 Gauss, or even 3 UAC5.

What really sounds fun to me is 2 Gauss and a UAC5. Or 2 UAC5 and a Gauss.

Quit dreaming about a 70 ton mech with the uber 3 Gauss and be happy with the very cool combos I just laid out.

#149 GNinja

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostAngelos Sanguinum, on 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Here comes legendary knight of Slavic myths, Ilya Muromets
Cheers !

Posted Image

Looks like its a present for russian community ;) .

Looks like Brian Blessed on a horse.

that said, with three ua/c5's mounted, this mech will probably be LOUD!

#150 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

This 'Mech comes way too early insofar as I'm concerned. It's not that I'm wholly against creating new characters to sell as premium content, but I am against doing it this early in the game's life. I can think of several character/unit combos I would have much sooner bought. victor steiner-davion's Victor, Thomas Marik's Archer (use Reseen art, I'm okay with that), Paul Masters' Phoenix Hawk (again, Reseen is okay), Rhonda's Highlander, Kerensky's Orion (or you could reskin it as Kurita's Orion for canon-accuracy in the 3050 era, that works too)... all of these would have worked better.

Sorry, but I am not interested in this product at this time.

#151 Col Forbin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostTarskin, on 28 November 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

Hero mechs... should be based on actual canonical heroes described in novels/lore. I strongly oppose this invented thing which is purely intended as a profit source for PGI.

OMG all this whining about "made up" mechs! Every thing is made up in this game, I hate to break it to you. This video game, is based off a tabletop game and a role playing game where you create characters and play them. It's an entire fictional universe built for that very purpose. I guess it's only cool if they were "made up" twenty years ago.

#152 NoFish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

I really have to question the judgement of adding in a hero mech that no one knows, or has asked for, while the Grand Dragon is still not here, which people have been asking for nearly since day one.

#153 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Lucky 13.....change the hardpoints to what you want and your done..

Canon would have been satisfied.

Ilya Muromets was a bad idea.

#154 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

I believe, that PGI has a direction to provide each particular Mech with a Hero Variant in a time being. Considering that no every present and future mech models has a known legendary figure associated with, it's natural to expect unknown heroes to be enlisted. And I don't see a reason to prioritise old names above the new ones. PGI still has a final word in such decisions.

Edited by DivineEvil, 04 December 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#155 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostShinzok, on 02 December 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

In theory yes. But this is Missile Warrior Online. The 1M of which you speak must be fully exposed in the open with low armor values to attack where a mech equipped with multiple LRM racks does not.
Also most maps offer reasonable cover from direct fire weapons so an enemy could get close enough to light that puppy up.

#156 WillSwe

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Anyone have the price tag for Ilya?

#157 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

The question I have is whether the IM comes stock with a STD or XL280. It seems like the stock weaponry is awfully heavy for a standard with the armor maxed. If its an XL, that could definitely bump the price up...

#158 Entropia

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMein mighty metal deathdick

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostMonky, on 27 November 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Alrighty then. Guess that seals it.

http://mwomercs.com/...ilya%20muromets

BATTLETECH
Heavy BattleMech Technical Readout

Type: Cataphract Type 59

View PostMonky, on 27 November 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Type 59

I sense a disturbance in the force.

#159 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

I be buying this one to day because its a good Mech to have as a Cbill maker at 30% more.
I don't want to start up my time so having this Mech is a good Buy for me since it has a good frame to build on.
To the ones Crying about Battle tech lore.
This game will be making up history and will get cannon because the developers of Battletech are in support of this game and help out with the Lore that is in battletech TT

Edited by River Walker, 04 December 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#160 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

What's the Max Engine on this?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users