Camo Spec Feedback

277 replies to this topic

Poll: Camo Spec costs (410 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you used any MC for Camo Specs, and if you have, how much?

1. No, I haven't used any MC on colors or patterns. (292 votes [71.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.22%

2. I have bought a pattern but no extra colors (7 votes [1.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

3. I have used 125-250 MC on colors. (26 votes [6.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

4. I have used 250-500 MC on colors. (32 votes [7.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.80%

5. I have used 500-1000 MC on colors and patterns. (27 votes [6.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.59%

6. I have used more than 1000 MC on colors and patterns. (26 votes [6.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

Do you think colors should be permanent once bought instead of having to pay to for every repaint? If yes, what kind of system would you want?

1. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, and they should be available for every mech I own, free of charge. (112 votes [27.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.32%

2. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, and they should be available for every mech I own, but changing them should cost C-bills. (174 votes [42.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

3. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, but only for the mech I bought them for, and changing them on that mech should be free. (67 votes [16.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.34%

4. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, but only for the mech I bought them for, and changing them on that mech should cost C-bills. (49 votes [11.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.95%

5. No, I think the current system is fine. (8 votes [1.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.95%

How much would you be willing to pay for patterns and colors if they were permanent? (The maximum you would be willing to pay!)

1. 50-125 MC per color, 100-250 MC per pattern. (227 votes [55.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.37%

2. 125-250 MC per color, 500-1000 MC per pattern. (144 votes [35.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.12%

3. 250-500 MC per color, 1000-2000 MC per pattern. (31 votes [7.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

4. 500-1000 MC per color, 2000 or more MC per pattern. (8 votes [1.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts
  • LocationFighting the Clan Invasion

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

I just think the price of 312,500 cb per color is damn high for a paint job ... and simple primary colors are not the basic ...

Edited by Niko Snow, 28 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#2 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Then don't buy it.

#3 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

At least you can preview the colors before purchase.

#4 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Cheaper then what I was expecting.

But then again, i wasn't expecting to be able to change my mechs colour with out MC at all.

#5 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

teh devs ned to makz moniez somehoz.
Don't bother posting about price here, people rarely seem to mind.

Edited by gregsolidus, 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#6 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

teh devs ned to makz moniez somehoz.

Cbills are obtained in-game.

if you're going to complain about something, at least have it be something relevant.

#7 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts
  • LocationFighting the Clan Invasion

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hey Grraarrgghh Im here to post my opinion not to be told dont buy something I want in game for a cheaper price thx ... if your opinion is to just dismiss my statement dont comment

#8 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I would like to pay MC for HHoD scheme :)

#9 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostMrPenguin, on 27 November 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Cbills are obtained in-game.

if you're going to complain about something, at least have it be something relevant.

Cbill let you by things that can also be bought with MC if you don't have enough which would be the case if it costs you nearly a million of them to paint your mech in basic colors.

#10 Commander Gravey

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationThe Gold Founders Ladies and Gentleman Club

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I present to you!

the Twilight Sparkle Camo Spec (without the cutiemark 'yet')

Posted Image

#11 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 27 November 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

Cbill let you by things that can also be bought with MC if you don't have enough which would be the case if it costs you nearly a million of them to paint your mech in basic colors.

First of all, since your a legendary founder, then a million cbills is nothing to you. I'm a free player with an awesome and its certainly nothing to me.
Secondly, basic colours are cbill only, its for the more advanced stuff that you can pay MC for. (Advanced colours and skins)

Also, its spelled "buy".

#12 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

How does my legendary status correlate with the amount of Cbills I find meaningful?

#13 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 27 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

How does my legendary status correlate with the amount of Cbills I find meaningful?

I'm sorry... have you not played the game?
Premium status and founder mechs. They, by default, allow you to get more cbills. Theirs literally no argument against that which isn't a flat out lie.

[REDACTED]

Edited by Viterbi, 28 November 2012 - 02:53 PM.
Removed directed language

#14 Alois Hammer

• 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 27 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Well see, it might be news to you but Founders get Premium Time, which adds to their income, and Founder's Mechs, which get them 25% bonus Cbills. So...you just tossed $120 at PGI with no idea what you were buying? ;)

#15 BlackBaron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I like the layout of the system, it works. I also like that there are Cbill options. But i feel that it this system cheats those who purchase the paint schemes. I would rather pay $5 to own a color for a mech. (only that mech, Maybe all varients of said mech if PGI feels generous) and be able to use it as much as i want, as opposed to paying $1 every time i want to use it. I won't want to spend real money on something i can't keep, because i feel that its not worth it to invest in something i can lose on a whim. Most other F2P games have a purchase system like this. Hell, i myself would rather just pay $10 for the color and be able to put it on any mech whenever i want as opposed to this. It just seems like this would put potential buyers like myself out of the mood to buy.

Again, im not saying they shouldn't charge for it, i just feel like i should be able to keep it. I would even be willing to pay real money if, after the MC purchase, i can use cbills if i want to use that color again. I feel like thats fair, what do you guys think?

Also. Is it me or does b****'in betty talk too slow?

#16 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostBlackBaron, on 27 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

I like the layout of the system, it works. I also like that there are Cbill options. But i feel that it this system cheats those who purchase the paint schemes. I would rather pay $5 to own a color for a mech. (only that mech, Maybe all varients of said mech if PGI feels generous) and be able to use it as much as i want, as opposed to paying $1 every time i want to use it. I won't want to spend real money on something i can't keep, because i feel that its not worth it to invest in something i can lose on a whim. Most other F2P games have a purchase system like this. Hell, i myself would rather just pay $10 for the color and be able to put it on any mech whenever i want as opposed to this. It just seems like this would put potential buyers like myself out of the mood to buy.

Again, im not saying they shouldn't charge for it, i just feel like i should be able to keep it. I would even be willing to pay real money if, after the MC purchase, i can use cbills if i want to use that color again. I feel like thats fair, what do you guys think?

Also. Is it me or does b****'in betty talk too slow?

Yeah.... we spend MC on something we should keep it.

#17 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

the paint system feels very polished. Im just not sure if purchased stuff stays purcahsed. for example if i get phraken scheme for my mech will it stay there if i want to switch to defaut and back? (0 MC for phraken after purchase?)

#18 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

i rather have a palette box where it has all available colors than the scheme we have now with the camo choices. i might wait for that option to come out before i change any color on my mechs

#19 BlackBaron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostTennex, on 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

the paint system feels very polished. Im just not sure if purchased stuff stays purcahsed. for example if i get phraken scheme for my mech will it stay there if i want to switch to defaut and back? (0 MC for phraken after purchase?)

Thats what i want to know. If i get to keep it afterwards i would love this system. But my intuition tells me its not the case.

#20 El Penguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAntartica

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

I don't know if this was intended but it seems you can't color mechs with a solid color? There is always the default green showing making it worthless to even change the color. It's like a poor spray paint job over the original color. I hope this gets changed because right now I won't be paying to change the colors unless I can get it to be the full color.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users