7 replies to this topic

#1 NikkoKilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Anyone else check out the gameplay and find themselves a little surprised at how little distortion of the sensors (and the battlefield) there is when you take damage or accumulate heat?

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!

Cheers

#2 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostWhenKatzComes, on 07 May 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Anyone else check out the gameplay and find themselves a little surprised at how little distortion of the sensors (and the battlefield) there is when you take damage or accumulate heat?

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!

Cheers

Bad thing, no question. =-/ Targeting is supposed to become much harder the higher you let your heat go. (Not to mention your Mech's speed is meant to drop significantly as well, but I wasn't watching for that).

#3 Darkener

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationManchester , england

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

i would imagine any footage so far is bare bones checking it works business , fancy things like heat effects , built in cup holders and cockpit mounted hula girls can wait , i just want to know the radar works as intended along with the lock on , the trigger action and the satisfying destruction of my opponent with optional cigar light command.

#4 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

The entire HUD became scrambled for a moment when the PPC struck.

Also, this is early beta for a Minimum Viable Product. Don't expect all the bells and whistles on release day.

Edit: At 1:32 of the Light Mech video, you can see that getting hit in the back apparently scrambles your HUD.

Edited by Orzorn, 07 May 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#5 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I think my fellow posters above me are right. The footage I THINK is from F&F Beta and its all just to see if the main mechanics, moveing, firing, getting hit and the like are functional, the glitter will come, but for now, the nervous system itself needs the work.

#6 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

I just want to mention that even if the glitters are not available in Open Beta, we shouldn't immediately panic and turn our backs on the developers. I'd like us to be content if we don't get what we expect and be eternally grateful if our expectations are met.

#7 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

I just wanna get into the game, the glitter can be put in later. Right now, I would settle for a game that is functional in terms of playability and mechanics, the fun visuals of coolant leaks or armor flyin off or HUD glitches thanks to PPCs/Heat can wait till later. That, sadly is fluff, and NOT core to playability.

#8 ArcaneIce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostDarkener, on 07 May 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

i would imagine any footage so far is bare bones checking it works business , fancy things like heat effects , built in cup holders and cockpit mounted hula girls can wait , i just want to know the radar works as intended along with the lock on , the trigger action and the satisfying destruction of my opponent with optional cigar light command.

I was thinking this as well. I'm sure they're still working on polishing certain things as we speak

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users