Ask The Devs 1 - Answer!

120 replies to this topic

#81 Calisrue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

why not? cause its soo hard to implement as intended.... In mw4 it was more of a short range weapon when used - not bad at all as short rainge grenade launcher - they just didn't have the programming into the game to aim a long rainge artillery piece

#82 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostCalisrue, on 08 July 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

why not? cause its soo hard to implement as intended.... In mw4 it was more of a short range weapon when used - not bad at all as short rainge grenade launcher - they just didn't have the programming into the game to aim a long rainge artillery piece

it's really not that hard to program a ballistics arc targetting system, the problem is if they make it too simple it becomes too powerful, but in MW4 they made it idiotic :) though personally I think it'd be fantastic if they made it and then included things like drift and spin (the cannon is a short barreled version of the real artillery piece, stands to reason that the further out you shoot the less accurate it would be just like a sawed off shotgun)

#83 Tooninki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 260 posts
  • LocationFinland/FRR

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

If people are worried that Clans are going to Roflstomp all IS unit in their way, dont know about that.
As Clans like to BID their forces, its just might come to 1 star vs 2 IS lances fights or something like that. (to balance the technical superiority) (quality vs quantity)
Im sure PGI has this figured out before Clans get here.

As Bob said 3 weeks ago:
Just my two cents for the debate over Clan vs. IS tech and balance.
One thing I remember from the novels is that all Clans would bid for the right to attack in battle.
The one that bid the least amount of mechs and resources to win the battle would get the privilege to fight it.
This lead to the clan’s fighting against double or triple the amount of IS mechs, So while the Clan tech is OP when compared to IS tech the numbers were on the IS side.
So you would not see a 12 vs. 12 Clan/IS battle but you would see something more like 5 vs. 8 Clan/IS given the Clan use a 5 Mech Star (Lance) and the IS use a 4 Mech Lance for unit organization.

Edited by Tooninki, 08 July 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#84 Bbg

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 May 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

ECM Suite
Narc Beacon
TAG

:) Those are going to be fun to use and will really make the scouts interesting to play.

Thanks for the heads up Garth Erlam.

#85 Blackbear67

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

Wait, wait, wait a second. I had to check the Blood Legacy book, but the pulse laser's ins't clan tech? In the end of chapter 10, Phelan amazed when he first used the pulse laser's in his first clan mech training.
Which means, there will be clan tech at the start? :D
Or these informations are outdated?

#86 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostBlackbear67, on 19 July 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Wait, wait, wait a second. I had to check the Blood Legacy book, but the pulse laser's ins't clan tech? In the end of chapter 10, Phelan amazed when he first used the pulse laser's in his first clan mech training.
Which means, there will be clan tech at the start? :D
Or these informations are outdated?

Pulse Lasers were re-introduced to the IS by the Draconis Combine in 3037.
(FWIW, Phelan Kell would have been 6-7 years old at that time.)

However, like most other examples of LosTech, they would have been expensive and rare, and generally reserved for use by the elite units of the Houses' militaries and the very, very few mercenary companies who could afford them.

So, it's unlikely that most mercenary groups (even vaunted ones, like the Kell Hounds) or independent MechWarriors would have seen much of them, much less used them.
In fact, the Devs themselves made much the same point in their March 08 posting, "Oohh... Shiny!"

#87 Tibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

Ty for you guys hard work and glad following the Battle tech closely ... was worried some company ever did make game well get it wrong ..

#88 Blackbear67

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 19 July 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Pulse Lasers were re-introduced to the IS by the Draconis Combine in 3037.
(FWIW, Phelan Kell would have been 6-7 years old at that time.)

However, like most other examples of LosTech, they would have been expensive and rare, and generally reserved for use by the elite units of the Houses' militaries and the very, very few mercenary companies who could afford them.

So, it's unlikely that most mercenary groups (even vaunted ones, like the Kell Hounds) or independent MechWarriors would have seen much of them, much less used them.
In fact, the Devs themselves made much the same point in their March 08 posting, "Oohh... Shiny!"

Thank you, i didn't know about this.

#89 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

i bigest concern is rather or not some of the higher power stuff wil have to be paid for , not that i woudlnt midn payign for it , it is mech warrior , but i becomed concerned that the game might wind up "pay to win" which becomes unfair to those wil less money to spend on the game. also wil there bea trade model for in game goods/cash to real cash like the system in star trek onine has with dilithium and stuff?

#90 Shammus

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

You call this a list? It's only missing death rays, photon torpedoes, tactical nukes, and BFG's WTH? :P

#91 Shammus

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostDemon Horde, on 22 July 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

i bigest concern is rather or not some of the higher power stuff wil have to be paid for , not that i woudlnt midn payign for it , it is mech warrior , but i becomed concerned that the game might wind up "pay to win" which becomes unfair to those wil less money to spend on the game. also wil there bea trade model for in game goods/cash to real cash like the system in star trek onine has with dilithium and stuff?

I have two kids, a wife, a 40+ hr job, a mortgage and a honey do list that knows no end. Time is a bit of a premium for me but guess what I do have a lot of money and I am willing to pay a few dollars to level the playing field with all those knucklehead high school and college kids who have nothing but time.

#92 StuPuff

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

What about a UAV drone like the 2009 vid on IGN? or a birds eye view/map (like in Battlefield Bad Company's Arty platform) when using a Long Tom or Sniper Cannon or Arrow Missiles?

As well, whats the deal with Ammo Types? Like Haywire Pods, Inferno or Swarm LRM's, or even AP or Hyer A/c Ammo...

Edited by StuPuff, 24 July 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#93 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostStuPuff, on 24 July 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

What about a UAV drone like the 2009 vid on IGN?

UAV's are on the commanders tree for the pilots

#94 StuPuff

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostDamion Sparhawk, on 24 July 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

UAV's are on the commanders tree for the pilots

Commanders tree? we do i see that?

#95 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostStuPuff, on 24 July 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Commanders tree? we do i see that?

http://mwomercs.com/...__1#entry590098 this thread has the list of trees available, I'm not sure where the original thread is. (everything on here is hypothetical of course, but in theory they should have most of what's on there)

#96 SiSoB NightWish

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Cheers

#97 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hi)
First 10 minutes... 2 launches...
For the future:
1. Pass throught trees... Where i am?
2. Can't notice my status/enemy status... autotergeting on cursor will be nesessary...
3. 5 minutes was find "launch" button.
4. Can't change resolution... 1280-1024 will be fine...
5. My movements are to sharply... My mass(tonnage) in a real life, can't give me a quick movements like in the game...

#98 Shafar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Now where are the prey to hunt......... I like the list.

#99 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

- change mouse sensitivity in options?
- can I rename or sell my mech?
- weapon groups did't work correctly (group 1 - first PPC - left mouse button, group 2 - second PPC - right mouse button. First group work correctly! second group keep silent ).
- In a heat of battle was ejected in Windows without any errors.
- can I somehow see full information about modules or wearpon systems, when I buy it in mech lab?
- "show only available" option in mech lab when configure mech, in a lis on the right - will be great...
- I want see my mech in 3D with free camera in hangar!
- Dont undarstand purpose in blur effect...
- can't undarstand a location on my torso relative on my legs. I want it on the main panel in mech cocpit!
- want more cameras. behind mech! on legs on arms, back camera.
- If you was gonna make arcade? You make arcade.

Edited by dimanzu, 26 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#100 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

- Double klick to install modules, drag and drop - too boring.
- Can't sell anything.
- I want customized mech. Changе color and etс...
- Atlas with his height weighted much more than 100 tonns. (i think, this mistake is pulling from MechCommander1 and Mechwarrior1 times)
- Where are much work to do...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users