Ask The Devs 1 - Answer!

120 replies to this topic

#101 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

In a window mode, closing application from right top corner, have effect hung application. Computer not hung, and it is a big + )

#102 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

And one more thing on this week:
I want see a animation of my wearpons works inside.
If i have a AC, I want see a movement of my bullet tracks. If i have AC on the left, i want see from left a movements of each bullete inside my cocpit, like in a "Matrix" movie.
If i have a PPC I want see some enetgy system, and so on...

And if my mech heating up i want see a steam jets... inside and outside the hull.

Good weekends to all)

Edited by dimanzu, 27 July 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#103 DragoFire

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNorth Island, NZ

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostSkylarr, on 24 May 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

You have it all wrong. Battletech is about the Mech combat. Mechwarrior is suppose to be about the pilot when he is outside his Mech. The TT (Table Top Game) came out long before the video games did.

The video games are considered non-canon.

If I remember correctly there was Battletech which was the very first game of the series from FASA, followed by CityTech (added tanks, etc...) and then AeroTech (which added fighters, bombers, dropships and my fav. the LAM's), plus a few more addons added as time went on, including the clans returning to the InnerSphere. The first three board games had limited weapon selections as some of you may remember;
SRM2/4/6
LRM5/10/15/20
AC2/5/10/20
PCC
MG/Flamer
Small/Medium/Large Lasers

There was no double heat sinks (just get to the closest water hole and cool down before a crital roll on the heat table happened)
Not TAG or other special equipment were available till the Clans expansions came out.

After AeroTech was released FASA release MechWarrior to add an Roleplaying element to the board game, the nice bonus was the out of mech adventages and the player's avatars bonuses to the mech he/she piloted on the board.

On a side note a few of the orginal fav. Mech start life on the TV screen in RoboTech ( later call Macross), some of the older players will know this! :)

#104 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

- Change Engine - some kind of lottery about SPEED.
- engine with 12 slots, plase in 8 slots.
- weapon group 2 on mouse 2 (in control options) - still keep silent, didn't work(
- When we can see a FIREPOWER and HEAT EFFICIENCY?
- "Heat irradiation" in weapon prerequisites, and "Firepower".
- In Atlas have on center torso max armor 124, but can up only 94. Why? Have free tonnage, free armor and standart armor QTY 610 in mechlab.
- save config of weapon grouping, In mech lab will be great.
- menu-quit -> Hung application.

Edited by dimanzu, 01 August 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#105 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

What was that like.....9 NDA violations? I will say i appreciate everyone telling non founders what the game is like.

#106 TizZ

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Wheres my flares I want to blind all the assaults and take there legs away :)

#107 DocFather

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Very cool, still its gonna be a stone cold one the day the Clans show up.

#108 DocFather

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostDragoFire, on 01 August 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

If I remember correctly there was Battletech which was the very first game of the series from FASA, followed by CityTech (added tanks, etc...) and then AeroTech (which added fighters, bombers, dropships and my fav. the LAM's), plus a few more addons added as time went on, including the clans returning to the InnerSphere. The first three board games had limited weapon selections as some of you may remember;
SRM2/4/6
LRM5/10/15/20
AC2/5/10/20
PCC
MG/Flamer
Small/Medium/Large Lasers

There was no double heat sinks (just get to the closest water hole and cool down before a crital roll on the heat table happened)
Not TAG or other special equipment were available till the Clans expansions came out.

After AeroTech was released FASA release MechWarrior to add an Roleplaying element to the board game, the nice bonus was the out of mech adventages and the player's avatars bonuses to the mech he/she piloted on the board.

On a side note a few of the orginal fav. Mech start life on the TV screen in RoboTech ( later call Macross), some of the older players will know this! ;)

Robotech was the Americanized version of 3 different Animes that included Macross. Still even as a kid those Destroids blew me away. Always kind of felt bad for them they should have had a lot more action and a lot less dying IMO.

#109 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Some words about weight of mechs...
For example:
Weight M62 Locomotive (http://en.wikipedia..../M62_locomotive) is 116,5 tonns.
I think Atlas must be weighted at least 10 times more.
Add zero at the weights of mechs...

Edited by dimanzu, 14 August 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#110 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

View Postdimanzu, on 14 August 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Weight M62 Locomotive (http://en.wikipedia..../M62_locomotive) is 116,5 tonns.
I think Atlas must be weighted at least 10 times more.
Add zero at the weights of mechs...

How much do you think it would weight if it was made of plumbum?

And now do the same, but with a modern, lighter material used on mechs in Battletech. :)

#111 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

Basic constituent of steel - is Ferrum ( with density 7,874 g/sm³). If we make M62 Locomotive from Titanium (with density 4,54 g/sm³) we get weight about 50 - 60 tonns. Maybe mechs are empty inside? Give me a modern material what give a 100 tonn weight for a battle mashine with height of 10-storey building, and maybe I beleave in this...

Edited by dimanzu, 14 August 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#112 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

First, Atlas is 20 meters tall (10 meters below a 10 storey building).

Second, well it's a SCI-FI universe with things they just thought of. For instance, the mech's arms and legs are moved by myomers (artificial muscles - fibre that contracts when expose to electric current) and the weight of mechs is simply said to be the result of lighter materials unknown to the man today.

#113 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

View Postdimanzu, on 14 August 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

Basic constituent of steel - is Ferrum ( with density 7,874 g/sm³). If we make M62 Locomotive from Titanium (with density 4,54 g/sm³) we get weight about 50 - 60 tonns. Maybe mechs are empty inside? Give me a modern material what give a 100 tonn weight for a battle mashine with height of 10-storey building, and maybe I beleave in this...

Depending on which source one is looking at, a 100-metric-ton Atlas (one of the tallest BattleMechs) is between 14 meters (= 45.93 feet) and 18 meters (= 59.06 feet) tall.

Generally, a storey is on the order of 10 feet/three meters (though, it can vary from floor to floor and building to building).

For comparison, the M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank has a hull length of 26.02 feet (= 7.93 meters), a width of 12 feet (= 3.66 meters), a height of 8 feet (= 2.44 meters), and masses 61.3 metric tons (the low end of the "heavy" 'Mech range).

Having an Atlas' height be half-again to double that of the M1's length and two-thirds-again the mass, and taking into account the facts that 1.) there would be a fair amount of empty space within the Atlas and 2.) the Atlas contains many lighter, non-metal materials (myomer bundles, AC and missile propellants, stored hydrogen to fuel the Fusion Engine, plastic tubing for the coolant lines, and so on and so forth), doesn't actually seem overly far-fetched (especially when one considers, for example, that the typical Gundam-type MS is stated to be on the order of 17-19 meters tall and masses ~20 tons).

Your thoughts?

#114 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

You convince me. Yes it is posible. My mistake with height.

Edited by dimanzu, 14 August 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#115 dimanzu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow Russia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

- weapon range? I dont know, how far my med. laser shoot... And when I shall pull the trigger to deal any damage...
- can't find a zoom mode... was here... i want to be a sniper) But will be better make a zoom in small square/circle or triangle, like in the FPS games with sniper rifle... And if this sniper device will need to buy and equip on mech - it will be great)
- mouse sensitivity in options... can you?

Edited by dimanzu, 14 August 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#116 AgentGG

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

I have a question about damage. The PPC has a damage value of 10, what does this mean? Does it remove 10 points armor from enemy mech component that it hits?

#117 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

basically yes, it's more or less 1 point of damage equals one point of armor/internal structure, not including critical effects and such

#118 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

When I saw the Devs1 Answers at the top of the forum, I at first thought "NECROMANCY!!!"

but apparently there's actually a steady conversation going on here, whadyaknow? carry on!

#119 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

well, if by steady you mean a couple of weeks between responses, then sure :(

#120 kotya

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Odesa

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostDemon Horde, on 22 July 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

i bigest concern is rather or not some of the higher power stuff wil have to be paid for , not that i woudlnt midn payign for it , it is mech warrior , but i becomed concerned that the game might wind up "pay to win" which becomes unfair to those wil less money to spend on the game. also wil there bea trade model for in game goods/cash to real cash like the system in star trek onine has with dilithium and stuff?

+1.
Now, when teams are organized (gaming against not organised), having some prepaid bonuses in all team, can make BIG difference for game.
I hope balance will be under eye of "great creator":-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users