#41 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

View Postder langsamere, on 20 December 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Why do you say that like its a bad thing?

I gotta ask that too actually

#42 Cache

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

• JR7-K Jenner Grace - Known as "Cat" among the MechWarriors of Sorenson's Sabres, the personal 'Mech of Grace Shiro has been extensively modified over the years to aid her role as the unit's spotter. Originally trading two Medium Lasers for extra armor, in the lead-up to War of 3039 her 'Mech was outfitted a less-refined experimental Endo-Steel chassis and Ferro-Fibrous armor, allowing the SRM launcher to be replaced with an advanced Octagon Missile Magnet Narc Missile Beacon with three tons of Homing Pods.

And this one? They need players to purchase the Mechs. Who's going to purchase a Jenner with two fewer energy hardpoints? The newer version swapping NARC for the SRM? No change in hardpoints. What makes it special?

#43 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

View Postcache, on 20 December 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I said it before but I'll say it again. This is an Operation Bulldog-era design. It doesn't belong in the current era, and that appears to be a major requirement. There are a small handful of canon 'heros' piloting custom Mech designs in this era. Most of those were created in the last several years so I wouldn't exactly call them old favorites. I don't blame PGI one bit for coming up with their own to meet their requirements. I do hope to see some of that small handful appear in time.

My Bad. I don't use Jenners often so Didn't recognize designs era. Thank you sir. :D

View Postcache, on 20 December 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

And this one? They need players to purchase the Mechs. Who's going to purchase a Jenner with two fewer energy hardpoints? The newer version swapping NARC for the SRM? No change in hardpoints. What makes it special?

WHo's going to use a Centurion with an AC20 that doesn't have a full range of arm motion? And the texts reads the lasers were removed... TT doesn't have Hard Points, those laser HP may still be there.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 20 December 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#44 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Ok but the question is why buy a Jenner K for real money that have the exact same hardpoint layout as a Jenner D but comes with less gear.

At least the YLW have a special quirk (the AC/20 in the arm, the only Centurion that can mount that.) the Grace woudl just be a very expensive K with a extra missile hardpoint in the CT. Now if there was a Jenner that had a ballistic hardpoint (or move the hardpoints around (missile in arms and laser in L/R torso) that would be worth a hero mech.

#45 Cache

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

WHo's going to use a Centurion with an AC20 that doesn't have a full range of arm motion? And the texts reads the lasers were removed... TT doesn't have Hard Points, those laser HP may still be there.

Apparently a few people will run the Yen. I see them all the time. And if the HP are still there in Grace's Jenner, there is absolutely no hardpoint change. Just structure/armor types. What makes it different enough to be a Hero Mech?

#46 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Which s my Point. We don't know what some folks will buy. I personally don't like the Dragon... shame since it is my favorite animal. But I don't pilot one I would not buy one even if it were the Coordinators own ride. *shrug*

#47 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

No. I want a hero Jenner that is like my jenner now. 6 meduim lasers and an XL 280 with ALL the dbl. heatsinks.

#48 Cache

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Which s my Point. We don't know what some folks will buy. I personally don't like the Dragon... shame since it is my favorite animal. But I don't pilot one I would not buy one even if it were the Coordinators own ride. *shrug*

But there would be no difference in the Jenner. Period. Every other Hero Mech offers a different hardpoint layout than is available normally. They offer something new. Maybe they could offer Hero Paint Schems for famous, but non-unique, Mechs.

#49 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Ok. But without a heroic Pilot it isn't a Hero Mech. Fire & Fang... can someone link me to the Pilot's story?

#50 Cache

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Ok. But without a heroic Pilot it isn't a Hero Mech. Fire & Fang... can someone link me to the Pilot's story?

You should've gotten an email with it. Haven't found it on the site, which is a little suggestion I made earlier today.

#51 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I didn't get this. Thank You sir!

#52 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostJason1138, on 28 November 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

There has to be 50 canon Hero mechs just with the mechs in the game so far. Why invent a new one? does this mean PGI is going to be inventing totally new mechs too? What is the logic behind this, because I don't get it

On top of PGI explaining it. If I were them I would make them all up for the simple fact that some people get all *********. With things like that's the wron nationality for the yen, or The Myromets is melee lmao. So why make mechs after canon if people are just gonna gripe.

#53 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'd prefer they just made up custom loadouts for "real" canon heroes than make up both loadouts and characters...

#54 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostCancR, on 20 December 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

I hope they invent a hero Jennner soon

The first Hero 'Mech is Davion-affiliated (Justin Allard's Yen Lo Wang).
The Centurion was developed by Corean Enterprises and Jalastar Aerospace, both of which are headquartered in the FedSuns.

The second Hero 'Mech is Liao-affiliated (Grigori Kovalenko's Ilya Muromets).
The Cataphract was developed by Earthwerks Incorporated, which is headquartered in the Confederation.

The third and fourth Hero 'Mechs are Kurita-affiliated (the Takeda brothers' Fang and Flame).
The Dragon was developed by Luthien Armor Works, which is headquartered in the Combine..

I think it more likely that the next Hero 'Mech will be associated with the Lyrans, the League, or the FRR, and would take the form of a 'Mech developed by a company based in one of those Factions - the idea being that each Faction would have at least one Hero 'Mech announcement before any faction gets a second such announcement.

Your thoughts?

#55 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 20 December 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

On top of PGI explaining it. If I were them I would make them all up for the simple fact that some people get all *********. With things like that's the wron nationality for the yen, or The Myromets is melee lmao. So why make mechs after canon if people are just gonna gripe.

if you go that direc tion theyd drop tyhe ip rofl. ppl are gonna gripe no matter what

#56 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

The answer is so simple. This is simply it.

$$$

Nothing more =)

#57 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostKaelus, on 20 December 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

The answer is so simple. This is simply it.

$$$

Nothing more =)

That explains why they want to have Hero Mechs in the game, it does not speak to the topic of WHY a particular Hero Mech is created.

I like the way they are going so far. None of the Hero Mechs have an outright advantage compared to any other mech. I like the looks of some of them, others not so much. But they are all interesting

#58 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostJason1138, on 28 November 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

There has to be 50 canon Hero mechs just with the mechs in the game so far. Why invent a new one? does this mean PGI is going to be inventing totally new mechs too? What is the logic behind this, because I don't get it

They had an official reason, but it basically boils down to, "why not?" It's still a game and everything in it is fictional regardless.

#59 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 20 December 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

That explains why they want to have Hero Mechs in the game, it does not speak to the topic of WHY a particular Hero Mech is created.

I like the way they are going so far. None of the Hero Mechs have an outright advantage compared to any other mech. I like the looks of some of them, others not so much. But they are all interesting

Because they can't find enough hero mechs with the current spread they have that are different enough so they needed to make P2Jam

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users