77 replies to this topic

#21 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Nothing but flamers.......yes...YES..YES!!

#22 Breeze

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostHelmer, on 08 May 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

You can even see the flamer in action at the 1:27 mark of the Light Mech Developer Breakdown video.

Cheers.

Yep, I noticed this too. And you know what else I noticed? That those flamers didn't set any vegetation on fire. OUTRAGEOUS!

#23 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I want to see how damage is dealt when using them. In table top, I believe it was 2 damage with 3 heat. But if you can use flamers for an extended period of time, will you do more damage and heat to the enemy mech? Example... IF a flamer does do 2 damage and gives 3 heat will this be every second or few seconds if you (THE FLAMER) holds down that trigger and lay on the flame?

#24 EvoseveN

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorth Bay, ON

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hmm, I'm liking the prospect of putting a couple of these on a light/medium mech, mostly for the redux in potential enemy firepower, but even just for blocking the view of an enemy while it's trying at my teammates. I look forward to using these well.

#25 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I think if you have a large mech like the Dragon that is slower than some other large mech, a number of flamers equipped could make you very deadly when those faster mech try to pick on you lol. If I play with a Dragon and I will try one just for the fact that im playing Kurita... I will probably go with a DRG-1G (Grand Dragon). it has a PPC and 3 medium lasers. But id probably strip out 1 medium laser if i can maybe put in 2 flamers.

#26 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostBreeze, on 08 May 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Yep, I noticed this too. And you know what else I noticed? That those flamers didn't set any vegetation on fire. OUTRAGEOUS!

Not sure if this helps or not. From Big Bryan Ekman himself _http://mwomercs.com/...post__p__232480 (seriously, what does that guy eat? Rude forum users?!)

"We do not support terrain deformation (the ground you walk on). The trees are not fully finalized. We are optimizing the game to have physics based trees."

Not sure if "finalizing trees" includes burning , but let's hope!

Cheers.

#27 Jjrob1989

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

I would like to point out, if you look at the picture more closely, you would only be able to place 1 large laser and 1 flamer because it is limited to 2 energy weapons in that rack. Though they could be 2 huge weapons, such as 2 large lasers per arm? PEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

#28 EvoseveN

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorth Bay, ON

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostHelmer, on 08 May 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Not sure if this helps or not. From Big Bryan Ekman himself _http://mwomercs.com/...post__p__232480 (seriously, what does that guy eat? Rude forum users?!)

"We do not support terrain deformation (the ground you walk on). The trees are not fully finalized. We are optimizing the game to have physics based trees."

Not sure if "finalizing trees" includes burning , but let's hope!

Cheers.

Burning....Trees? Hmm...I can see it now...

-"Whats that Commander? I just need these last few tree patches then i'll be done, I'll be back in combat in just a minute...Commander? Guys?...
Oh well ;) *FRRRRSSSSSSSSHHHHH* hehehehehe"

Those are Flamer sounds, deal with it. :D

#29 EDMW CSN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Pyromaniac :D

#30 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostJjrob1989, on 08 May 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

I would like to point out, if you look at the picture more closely, you would only be able to place 1 large laser and 1 flamer because it is limited to 2 energy weapons in that rack. Though they could be 2 huge weapons, such as 2 large lasers per arm? PEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
lol how about a ppc in each arm with a medium laser in each for when you cant use the PPCs? I dont think you would be able to say do 2 PPCs and 2 large lasers or even 4 large lasers or 4 PPCs because of weight issues.

#31 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostJjrob1989, on 08 May 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

My thoughts are going by critical slots, and using the critical slots and weight by TT a Large Laser and 2 flamers can fit in an area once filled by a PPC.

#32 Cruxshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 08 May 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I'll be curious to see how flamers are balanced in MWO.

Very short range for one thing, limited fule supply for another.

#33 EvoseveN

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorth Bay, ON

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

I just thought about it, would it be likely that the Flamers bring a target Mech's Armor to such a heat level that it softens it?
I'd love to see that utility for teamwork brought into it. Figure dual flamers into an LBX10, tearing apart armor with combined weapons.

#34 Jjrob1989

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

You missed my point though. You are limited to two (2) weapons in that slot. Look at the pic. 0/0 ballistic 0/0 missile 1/2 laser
that says nothing about the weight or the slots in the arm itself, purely the number of weapons allowed.

Edited by Jjrob1989, 08 May 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#35 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

If we have flamethrowers then dammit I want a Firestarter... I shall name it *Brings pinky up like Dr. Evil*... Tragdor!!

Edited by Coralld, 08 May 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#36 Flawless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

So in the light battlemech video it appears that a hunchback is using a pair of flamers. Looks good, I wonder how effective it will be at overheating the target. Ive got visions of flamers on a commando overheating an atlas xD

#37 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Link to the video.

You can see the Flamers in action at the 1:27 mark.

Great looking visuals!

Cheers.

#38 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

"BURN THEM WITH FLAME!!" Quote from C&C3 Flame tank :D

#39 Mirties Masina

• PipPip