Petition To Limit Forum Posters To Those Who Have Paid Money To Pgi!

73 replies to this topic

#41 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Super dumb idea. What this forum really needs is a "Dislike This" button that, when it passes a certain threshold, hides the post (with a click-to-view function). Plus, a poster with too high of a "dislike" rating (it'd probably have to be compared to his "like" rating) might have posting rights suspended automatically for a week or whatever.

#42 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Founders have as much pointless and whiny posts as non-paying users. Heck, at least non-payers don't put up "I want a refund" posts unlike the guys who pay. :(

#43 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

I strongly disagree with your post.

Firstly, we all have the same right to post suggestions and ideas. The game is free yes, so people do N.O.T have to pay to play. I do not understand your "accurate analogy", Pirating software is totally different from playing a free-to-play game, because, pirating games is essentially illegal, whereas playing a free to play game is not.

It is irrelevant as to weather people have brought anything off PGI, and we all have the S.A.M.E right to ask for changes and suggest ideas that might fix or make the game better. We are all people, and you could have somebody who brought a founders package who could be a complete *******, then have person who has not paid anything yet who actually suggests good, constructive ideas.

I think we all have the right to post on the forums, and I very much doubt it will change.

#44 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Whether or not you've given Piranha money shouldn't be a factor on discussing a game they're allowing you to play. If the game had a box price tag, then you might have a point by restricting posting to owners of the game, but it's a F2P game... so shouldn't posting also be F2P?

"An accurate analogy is to pirate software, install it on your computer then write a lengthy email to the developers stating how you think all these changes should be made to the product which you haven't paid anything for in the first place."
-That's not accurate at all. In fact it's downright stupid and illogical. The program you're pirating wasn't free. They didn't let you use it for free, you just stole it. This game however is free; they let you install it and play it for free. Are you beginning to see how stupid that "accurate analogy" is?

By the way, you forgot to include a poll in your petition. I say this because I wanted to hit "No".

Edited by Bluten, 29 November 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#45 Spawnsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

We Founders, while glorious, are not all knowing, all wise or perfect.

Free players (or anyone for that matter) can demand whatever they want, just as you can demand they all be silenced. The results are usually quite similar.

#46 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

No, not only no but heck no.
I've seen communities divided before. No need to validate that type of division by restrictions.

#47 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Why has this not been locked yet?

#48 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 29 November 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Why has this not been locked yet?

Good question. Let's all report it so that it might get sweeped under the rug faster.

#49 Quad Ace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

There's actually precedence for something like this. Not sure if they still do, but stardock used to require registering a game to be able to use their forums. Part of their "No DRM cause the people who pay don't want it" tactic. Instead, you could only use the forums if you had actually bought the game.

#50 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Super dumb idea. What this forum really needs is a "Dislike This" button that, when it passes a certain threshold, hides the post (with a click-to-view function). Plus, a poster with too high of a "dislike" rating (it'd probably have to be compared to his "like" rating) might have posting rights suspended automatically for a week or whatever.

That's funny, not like any real troll would ever make several different accounts just to suspend someone indefinitely by abusing your idea.

#51 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostSpawnsalot, on 29 November 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

We Founders, while glorious, are not all knowing, all wise or perfect.

Speak for yourself, Bronze. We Golds are very much all-knowing, all-wise, and perfect.

#52 1ceTr0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationMoving at long last....

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 29 November 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

That's funny, not like any real troll would ever make several different accounts just to suspend someone indefinitely by abusing your idea.

You DON'T KNOW the power of the troll side!

Posted Image

Edited by 1ceTr0n, 29 November 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#53 Idzy

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'll give some $$$ to PGI when they provide a game that isn't a broken moneygrab. That said I provide a valuble target for anyone that wants to pay for the game so my opinion is just as valid as everyone elses.

#54 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 29 November 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I strongly believe that people who have never paid a dime to play this game should not be demanding anything of PGI. This game is F.R.E.E you don't need to play it if you don't want to. You haven't paid anything to PGI to play the game so it's quite ridiculous that you are demanding changes be made to a product you haven't paid anything for and you are allowed the privilege to play it for N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

An accurate analogy is to pirate software, install it on your computer then write a lengthy email to the developers stating how you think all these changes should be made to the product which you haven't paid anything for in the first place.

Simply put. If you haven't paid anything to PGI for this outstanding product, you have absolutely Z.E.R.O right to demand changes and should not be allowed to post on these forums.

/signed

Someone hasn't bothered to do their homework.

http://mwomercs.com/...y-an-education/

Of course, being broke, I haven't been able to pay any money for this game, so, according to you... I shouldn't be able to post.

According to your reasoning, the above post I have linked to here is "worthless."

It's amazingly easy to make a fool of oneself by not doing the basic footwork required to be able to make a valid statement.

#55 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 29 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Just because people think I'm trolling, does not mean I actually am. All I did was recognize a pattern in the posting of people demanding changes and that they'll stop playing and the like when they haven't in my mind given PGI anything to deserve that asking in the first place. It's gotten to the point of ridiculous beyond belief.

you find just as many legendaries, and other founders to a lesser extent (though this has abated more recently. It got EXTREMELY bad during the uber LRM buff), acting like they own PGI because they bought some MC and a founder mech or 2 plus closed beta access. PGI has no obligation to turn this game into what you in particular want. you did not buy the right to tell them how to make this game. no one here has that right. so please stop acting like it. it is demeaning to us all.

Edited by dal10, 29 November 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#56 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

I actually like this idea, hell I'd down vote my own threads such as this one if this option was available - As I know several others would too.

What most people have missed with this thread is I am NOT trolling, I get seriously annoyed at somebody who - And I'm not saying it's you who is reading this - wants to complain about something that either doesn't need fixing, isn't broken or they just don't like how it's been implemented so far into the game and yes I do see the irony as this thread is basically just that, but further to the point that person who is complaining does so with a lack of knowledge, who believes they can mess with somebody because they don't see eye to eye to that other person's post.

View PostPht, on 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Someone hasn't bothered to do their homework.

http://mwomercs.com/...y-an-education/

Of course, being broke, I haven't been able to pay any money for this game, so, according to you... I shouldn't be able to post.

According to your reasoning, the above post I have linked to here is "worthless."

It's amazingly easy to make a fool of oneself by not doing the basic footwork required to be able to make a valid statement.

Like this guy, who assumes I know nothing about the technology of the BT universe and my posts are worthless because I haven't read up on my knowledge beforehand. Clearly he hasn't read up beforehand because this post isn't about the BT tech, it's about people who seem to think that the universe revolves around them and that everything they say is Gospel.

But what would I know, I'm just a troll according to people who don't understand.

#57 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

don't you have a login to the Legendary Founders Lounge? You know the special part of the forum where all of the best, top tier Founders hang out and sip martinis, and chuckle about all the pleb threads.

The remainder of this post only visible to Legendary Founder™ Account holders.

on edit: oh sorry i see that you are just an Elite Founder, nevermind... forget I mentioned anything

Edited by Dagger6T6, 29 November 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#58 Godmoney

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 29 November 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I strongly believe that people who have never paid a dime to play this game should not be demanding anything of PGI. This game is F.R.E.E you don't need to play it if you don't want to. You haven't paid anything to PGI to play the game so it's quite ridiculous that you are demanding changes be made to a product you haven't paid anything for and you are allowed the privilege to play it for N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

An accurate analogy is to pirate software, install it on your computer then write a lengthy email to the developers stating how you think all these changes should be made to the product which you haven't paid anything for in the first place.

Simply put. If you haven't paid anything to PGI for this outstanding product, you have absolutely Z.E.R.O right to demand changes and should not be allowed to post on these forums.

/signed

You must be a huge fan of Citizens United passed by the Supreme court which allows unlimited campaign donation by corps to political funds.

Since I've spent at least 60$ does that mean I get to post more often than someone who spent 20$?

Maybe we should privatize schools and prisons as well? Oh wait that's already happening.

I can't wait for private police forces to roam the streets. I wonder how effective holding police accountable will be when Coca-Cola owns your cities police?

Super smart idea OP. You're the kind of future that will help us in the long run. >.>

#59 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 29 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Like this guy, who assumes I know nothing about the technology of the BT universe...

I didn't presume that you "know nothing about the technology of the bt universe" and nothing in my post could be construed to mean this.

...and my posts are worthless because I haven't read up on my knowledge beforehand.

Nor did I presume that your posts are worthless or post anything that could possibly mean such.

But what would I know, I'm just a troll according to people who don't understand.

I don't think you're a troll. I simply think your OP was short sighted in not taking into account that there are other things to take into account when deciding the worth of someone's comments on these forums.

#60 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 29 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Like this guy, who assumes I know nothing about the technology of the BT universe and my posts are worthless because I haven't read up on my knowledge beforehand. Clearly he hasn't read up beforehand because this post isn't about the BT tech, it's about people who seem to think that the universe revolves around them and that everything they say is Gospel.

Actually i think he's referencing to his BT-tech thread to show you that he contributed by typing it. To show you that according to you, he shouldn't have been able to do that.

View PostSecundus, on 29 November 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Yes OP, let's prevent the free players who are critically important to this games continued existence from providing feedback and being treated even more like a second class then they already are.

How exactly are they second class? And if one of them really never purchases anything, how exactly is he critically important?

Granted, the OP's first post is crazy, but i think this is the kind of whining that he was annoyed by.

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 29 November 2012 - 08:16 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users