Petition To Limit Forum Posters To Those Who Have Paid Money To Pgi!

73 replies to this topic

#61 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 29 November 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I strongly believe that people who have never paid a dime to play this game should not be demanding anything of PGI. This game is F.R.E.E you don't need to play it if you don't want to. You haven't paid anything to PGI to play the game so it's quite ridiculous that you are demanding changes be made to a product you haven't paid anything for and you are allowed the privilege to play it for N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

An accurate analogy is to pirate software, install it on your computer then write a lengthy email to the developers stating how you think all these changes should be made to the product which you haven't paid anything for in the first place.

Simply put. If you haven't paid anything to PGI for this outstanding product, you have absolutely Z.E.R.O right to demand changes and should not be allowed to post on these forums.

/signed

lol

moron

#62 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Don't be too harsh on the OP he likely has some sort of social\behavioral disorder and did not understand how harsh, elitist, and spiteful his post sounds when read.

#63 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostDagger6T6, on 29 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

don't you have a login to the Legendary Founders Lounge? You know the special part of the forum where all of the best, top tier Founders hang out and sip martinis, and chuckle about all the pleb threads.

The remainder of this post only visible to Legendary Founder™ Account holders.

on edit: oh sorry i see that you are just an Elite Founder, nevermind... forget I mentioned anything

And people say I'm an elitist.

#64 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Even though I sometimes feel the same way as OP but free players are important to the survival of this game and the success of this game is important for the revival of the Mechwarrior IP which means a continuation of the Battletech universe into the new generation of players... yeah, its that big. I also move from being free to being paid and I believe 99% of the people go that way. Outlining them right from the start isn't a good thing for the survival of the game and for converting them from free to paid.

I feel you buddy but I have to put that aside for the bigger picture...

#65 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Even though I sometimes feel the same way as OP but free players are important to the survival of this game and the success of this game is important for the revival of the Mechwarrior IP which means a continuation of the Battletech universe into the new generation of players... yeah, its that big. I also move from being free to being paid and I believe 99% of the people go that way. Outlining them right from the start isn't a good thing for the survival of the game and for converting them from free to paid.

I feel you buddy but I have to put that aside for the bigger picture...

/cry. :'( I'm sorry. I mean well but I can't convey my thoughts properly for some people to understand.

#66 The Tickler

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

So what? You are discriminating against poor people? =P

Seriously though, there is so much wrong with your logic I don't even know where to begin. If pressed I can write you an essay on the numerous reasons this is a bad idea. The biggest being that you would be forming an elitist club which would certainly kill the game and discourage new players from joining the community.

#67 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Okay, moving to Off Topic.

Be aware of the Code of Conduct when making new threads. General Discussion is for discussing the game, Off Topic is for discussing stuff other than the actual game (like faux petitions), and making posts that you know will start a "verbal" fight is not appropriate anywhere.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 November 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#68 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

ban op gas thread

#69 Byk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

No.

#70 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

This is a brilliant idea that would have no foreseeable repercussions for a free to play game. Bravo, OP, for your fresh, outside-of-the-box thinking. If only the forums staff would come to their senses and prevent the filthy peasants from posting, all of the issues in the game would simply vanish.

For, as we all know, Founders members are the Idea-Creators, and if we are forced to communicate with the Poors, the ideas that we would bring would be off of the table. No progress would be made, and the game would be, sadly, doomed to fail.

We should all look to the OP for inspiration, and to serve as an example (of how not to post).

#71 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

And people say I'm an elitist.

Posted Image

a tip of the hat sir

#72 Like a Sir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 589 posts
  • LocationUSA NW

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostAgincourt, on 29 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

This is a brilliant idea that would have no foreseeable repercussions for a free to play game. Bravo, OP, for your fresh, outside-of-the-box thinking. If only the forums staff would come to their senses and prevent the filthy peasants from posting, all of the issues in the game would simply vanish.

For, as we all know, Founders members are the Idea-Creators, and if we are forced to communicate with the Poors, the ideas that we would bring would be off of the table. No progress would be made, and the game would be, sadly, doomed to fail.

We should all look to the OP for inspiration, and to serve as an example (of how not to post).

I don't know if it's because I was at work for almost 12 hours, but I loled hard. Thank you!!!

#73 hazeman

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Firstly, I am a paying founders myself and this is the worst topic that i have ever stumble upon.

But nevertheless, you do have a hint of truth in your post. I think there are too many players (paying and non-paying) that are a bit of a whiner. To put it frankly, this game is too hard for the new generation of players. If you played any new releases, new players now are spoon fed with tutorials, unlimited save points, and other things that tunes gaming down to 'easy mode'. So i guess PGI have to caters to these new generations and have to dumb down the game a bit. Nothing we can do about that but if that how things have to go for BT to remain relevant than we have to just accept it. thats my 2 cents anyway.

ps: maybe my post is off topic. idk

#74 INAPPROPRIATE NAME 0001

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

OP sounds entitled.

Check that privilege, mate.

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users