Request: Forum Profile Option to disable signatures or images in signatures

1 reply to this topic

#1 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hello, I was setting up my forum options and noticed there was no option to disable signatures or, especially, images in signatures.

This was rather surprising, I honestly can't remember the last forum I have been on that didn't have such an option. It is rather annoying too, as many people here have rather intrusively large image signatures. It is a bit silly in my opinion to see a post composed of one or two lines of text followed by a several hundred pixels tall image in every other post. Makes the pages much longer than they need be.

An option to disable images in signatures would be very preferential to the alternative of having to adblock every last oversized sigpic. Thank you to the forum staff for their time and consideration reading this. :)

#2 Ennui

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

+1. It would be a good option to have.

Personally I think the signature image size limits described on the edit signatures page are too big (720x150). 150px is quite a lot of vertical space... it's practically a billboard.

My suggestion would be something a little more modest, maybe 500x100. For reference, my sig is 300x60. Just my 2 cents, thanks for listening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users