[Idea/suggestion] Cage / Uncage Arm Reticle

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I think being able to cage and uncage the arm reticule would be a great additional feature.

This is how I see it working. You have two additional buttons, Cage and Uncage. When you hit the cage button, a large circle appears on the hud indicating how far your arm reticle can deviate from the center cross hair. The more you press the Cage button, the smaller the circle becomes and the less movement you get from the arm reticle. The area continues to decrease until the arm reticle is effectively locked to the center cross hair. When you hit the Uncage reticule, your arm reticle returns to normal full range operation.

I would also like to see a button to lock, unlock torso twist.

#2 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Just a bump to see if anyone has any thoughts on this.

#3 Artgathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

While an interesting suggestion, I believe that the current aiming system was put into place specifically to circumvent this kind of system. The problem with this is that it allows for pinpoint shots with relatively little skill (since your arms are locked to your torso), whereas the current system requires a bit more skill since you need to be more careful in lining up your shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users