So What's The Deal With The Marik?

42 replies to this topic

#41 Joe Luck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostSlambot, on 19 January 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

For informational purposes, House Davion is the British kinda, they tend to have very strong charismatic rulers. House Liao is the one with insanity as a genetic defect common in the royal line. House Marik up until recently was hampered by very strong regional governments that had a great deal of autonomy. Only Thomas Marik has been able to really unite the government by dissolving or marginalizing the regionally recruited and maintained militia units that have enabled the various regions to be less than supportive of the League as a whole. He instead has created the Marik Militias (units created and staffed by pilots from all over the FWL instead of a separate region) and the Knights of the Inner Sphere. The upcoming Clan invasion will turn the FWL economy into a REAL powerhouse in the inner sphere. The Lyrans are Germanic culture base, The Free Rasalhauge Republic is Norse (Swedish, Norwegian, Finish, Danish) culture group. The Draconis Combine is mainly Japanese culture but also Russian and Eastern European as well. House Liao is mainly Chinese but also Indian culture.

Actually a good portion of Marik has hindu culture for it's heritage along with north American and south American influences. It's the best example of a melting-pot culture in the inner sphere hence the comparisons to the US. it is a representative confederacy of planets.

Marik rulers are super awesome because they have double titles like Captain-General I mean that's double awesomeness over some just prince or archon. Viva Revolution!!!

#42 Tharkan Stuermer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostAym, on 30 December 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Thank you Tharkan for restating what has been brought up a couple of other times in this post.

Yeah, in fact, the one post, where it is mentioned is quote of an article on sarna.net, which I wrote myself. But thanks for reminding me.

#43 Bleary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

The Free Worlds League: a mercantile power, the biggest Jumpship fleet in the Inner Sphere, cutting edge aerospace technology. Hopelessly disorganized, frequent civil wars, a patchwork military composed of troops that vary wildly in quality and loyalty.

At the time of the Clan invasion, we've the singular blessing of being the only House government that is neither in the invasion path nor ruled by an insane dictator. While everyone else is busy dying, we're busy selling them guns.

Edited by Bleary, 28 January 2013 - 06:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users