• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStark Industries: Sector 16.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postcbo73, on 03 December 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

I am extremely disappointed in the game

I am extremely NOT dissappointed.
For a Beta it's not bad at all.
I am monitoring progress though. If PGI does take care of the hiccups in an orderly fashion they'll get money from me.

#22 Sinluien

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Thanks OP, i always search around 50000000 threads only to be dissappointed when not even a tenth of it doesnt come. i know i shouldnt have been expecting anything. in fact the nov 20 patch i was so excited and the performance degraded bad enough i only occassionally play at my 25 to 3 fps. learned my lesson about greed. but anyway, A toast to to bug fixes and performance issues being resolved! hopefully.

#23 Icebound

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thank you for keeping us filled in. I know a lot of us appreciate it.

#24 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostOriginalTibs, on 03 December 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

I was under the impression that along with the Gauss durability nerf/crit explosion AC10 and AC20 were going to get a buff and the PPC/ER PPC would get a velocity increase.

Were these changes never intended for this patch (meaning I figgered wrongly) or are they just not being mentioned?

no date has been given. There are plans for ballistic speed increases (especially the AC-20) and for PPC improvements but they don't have a date attached to them as far as I know.

#25 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Prediction:

If FPS and general playability isn't fixed, it simply won't matter how many cockpit ornaments are added, you will hemmorage even more players.

#26 Luke Garrad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom - Devon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

How about FPS Fixes to the people who can run the game above minnium but yet get a FPS of 20 due to poor optimaization on some graphic cards. The Game is unplayable for me and many other people, My specs are above what is required and I can't even play above 30 fps with everything on low and shadows forced off. Making new mechs and pretty camo is a little bit waste of time at the moment. And with a rival game such as Hawken on the scene you don't want to lose players due to the game unplayable for some.

Edited by Luke Garrad, 03 December 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#27 SIN Darkness

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, Louisiana

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

so it is now 2:24pm CST.. no patch as of yet....did anyone see the servers go down or did they even try at all to patch?

#28 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostSIN Darkness, on 03 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

so it is now 2:24pm CST.. no patch as of yet....did anyone see the servers go down or did they even try at all to patch?

Tomorrow. Dec 4th.

#29 Luke Garrad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom - Devon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostSIN Darkness, on 03 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Patch is due out Dec 4th, Its 3rd still

#30 SIN Darkness

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, Louisiana

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

o crap I been working so much I lost track of the days!! LOL

#31 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Fantastic information . I would have said something sooner but I had to take an aspirin it gave me a headache. now about frame rates. I know what they are doing , it where you throttle the amount of bandwidth each user gets depending on their requirements. please don't have a cow if it goes down one more time. what they are trying to do is give an even balance so in the end for slower systems they should get better frame. It's the old sometimes things get worse before they get better that is what a beta is about if the final product has problems then whine. I have never liked programing because it sometimes fixes one thing and breaks another. One reason for hot fixes. no one wants the system to work more than them. when they do have these problems you would not even begin to understand that it effects them more than you. believe it I have seen it many times. its sad. Few have sent more emails to the techs to the great white west and if you push enough you will get a straight answer. That's all anyone can ask for. Great work again guys. One statement the ams has works extremely well which has caused me problems in not looking out for other weapons as much as normal lasers and A/C's . Me bad .

#32 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostOriginalTibs, on 03 December 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

I was under the impression that along with the Gauss durability nerf/crit explosion AC10 and AC20 were going to get a buff and the PPC/ER PPC would get a velocity increase.

Were these changes never intended for this patch (meaning I figgered wrongly) or are they just not being mentioned?

View PostRedshift2k5, on 03 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

no date has been given. There are plans for ballistic speed increases (especially the AC-20) and for PPC improvements but they don't have a date attached to them as far as I know.

Here is a link to the Weapons Balancing thread that contains this info... but is, indeed, lacking specific dates.

#33 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Of course there will (likely) be new bugs if there is new content, that is the whole point of beta testing, we play, find bugs and report them in the proper manner which does not include threads containing an overabundance of !!!!! and capital letters,

#34 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 03 December 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

There is no bobblehead listed for the winners of the Piranha Hunt: There is a banner item scheduled for Dec 11 (also a banner item for "community contributor") :ph34r: http://mwomercs.com/...-nov-27th-2012/

I'm certainly not a staffer, moderator, administrator, or developer. Just a contributor. All items are clearly linked to dev posts for confirmation.

you're welcome ;)

Posted Image

#35 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

can i forecast 8v8 ECM Raven matches

#36 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the post, OP. Saves a lot of people a lot of digging.

View PostDukarriope, on 03 December 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

can i forecast 8v8 ECM Raven matches

More likely everyone on an organized team will have TAG. Pew pew!

#37 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Re: Cockpit shake.
Pauls quote of brian saying "omg this isnt an earthquake simulator " is a scary admission.

Just saying, but the ac2 shake was something I personally brought up idk, over a month ago. Probably brought up by others as well.
Glad to see its getting addressed, but the manner in which the problem was described by brian is a little disconcerting.
Thank God "he" had the sense to look at it and say "wtf"
Arent there supposed to be mw fans on the team?>

Kudos to paul too , for getting it done.

#38 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

100 percent forecast: even lower fps than before and twice the grief and QQ. Balance and playability prediction: horrible.

#39 Scryed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I really wish people would stop using terms like "overpowered" or "Nerf", and would rather wish they would use an actual word like "effective" or "effectiveness", THIS ISN'T WORLD OF WARCRAFT

View Postmekabuser, on 03 December 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Re: Cockpit shake.
Pauls quote of brian saying "omg this isnt an earthquake simulator " is a scary admission.

Just saying, but the ac2 shake was something I personally brought up idk, over a month ago. Probably brought up by others as well.
Glad to see its getting addressed, but the manner in which the problem was described by brian is a little disconcerting.
Thank God "he" had the sense to look at it and say "wtf"
Arent there supposed to be mw fans on the team?>

Kudos to paul too , for getting it done.

I bet he thought it was fine with one AC/2 hitting him, but when there are 4 you are kinda screwed with aiming.

#40 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 03 December 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

Note that bug fixes do not count as "upcoming content" so bug fixes are not listed here. Expect some bug fixes to be included in the patch as well, but we'll have to wait and see which fixes have been delivered.

LOL the title of the post wasn't explicitly regarding content. It said "What To Expect: Dec 4Th Patch". No bug fixes are listed either because there aren't any, aren't any that matter, or the patch will fu<k up so much $h|t that it'll make the minor bug fixes irrelevant anyway.

I'd like to hear that PGI just decides to hold off on bug fixes until MWO is feature complete. That would be nice (if it were true). It seems sensible to me. DX 11 could fu<k up some $h|t. CW could fu<k it. Destructible enviro's could pound it deep & hard in the a$$. So I could see a point to waiting for the core features before going on a bug hunt (shoulda been all done in CB but......). Since we don't hear anything to that effect & we sure as hell don't see any progress being made on bugs, except in the wrong direction, that leads me to think that the cause of the bugs and/or their solutions are unknown as well may be the process to discover & kill them.

Either that or it all just takes time. I'm a glass half empty at best people. The glass is almost dry at this point.

Thanks for the update, even if it doesn't contain much of anything that we need.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users