People Dcing In Game

25 replies to this topic

#1 MasterKarzash

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

I understand that some of them might be real disconnects because of server issues and whatnot, but i highly doubt everyone is that case. Does DCing before you get killed make it so you dont take a hit to the K/D ratio? And if so do the kills they made count towards it but not the death since they DC'd? If that is the case then the only way to fix that is to have it still count towards their deaths and lose their kills for that match wouldnt it?

I am not complaining about them leaving...if they left to save their ratios then that makes me happy to know i far out-skill those noobs that have to leave because im gonna kill them and they cant stop it. What im saying is that it should count as a death for their ratio's as well as giving the person who killed them the credit for it.

Edited by BunnyBacon, 08 November 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#2 Gwarsbane

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Its been suggested before that if they are disconnecting in any detectable way (and some of them are detectable) multiple times that they be punished severely, full repair and rearm, no earnings and stuff like that.

Hopefully at least some of the ideas that people have suggested will be used in the future. Its annoying to see people disconnect just before dying. or right off the bat. Though as you say there are legit disconnects who can't actually help doing it. Its happened to me quite a number of times. Really quite annoying when I'm about to pull the trigger on someone and every thing locks up and I have to use the task manager to kill the game.

#3 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Im pretty sure those people dc'ing can be linked to this thread

http://mwomercs.com/...3-game-crashes/

#4 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

I often see people disconnecting when they are very close to being destroyed, I know of several people that have done this saying that it saved them expensive repair bills or stats. These people were on the public TS server in random groups. No idea if it does indeed save you repairs or protect your stats though, I have never tried it nor would I condone it.

#5 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Just about every match I see one disconnect at the beginning, and then another towards the end when their near death. The first is probably legit but the second is just a scumbag.

#6 Csatti

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I think if a mech is killed within 15s of its pilot going DC, it should be locked for an hour and have serious damage (trials should be locked longer). It is very unprobable to have a real DC just before dying. At least, it never happened to me.

#7 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

[color=#959595]Really quite annoying when I'm about to pull the trigger on someone and every thing locks up and I have to use the task manager to kill the game.[/color]

I want it to happen to me like this. . my client just randomly decides it doesn't want to run anymore, and closes itself out. No message, no warning. . . just "steady. . steady. . steady. . . .

. . . .

*(@#$&^&*(@#^$&*(@^#$()@#*&()@#&*$(*#&$@#^&

For the record though, I've had times where this HAS happened to me in the middle or near the end of a match, including one time I was trying to defend while capping against several opponents. I can count the number of times it's happened like that on one hand, but it *HAS* happened.

Part of me almost wishes they'd stop working on mechs and additional features and get the client stable first sometimes, it'd take the guesswork out of it.

#8 Icebound

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

It's easy to tell who is doing it on purpose. If they're winning and DC it was their internet going out of the game just crashing. If they conveniently DC right before the killshot you can probably bet it wasn't a coincidence.

#9 Randodan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

They should add a special quilting-the-match button to the game that sends a disconnect message to the remaining players that reads "Left the match to save repair costs. Thankyouverymuch!"

I am known to quit a match in a non-trial 'Mech for that exact reason, while I normally play to the end in a trial 'Mech. I've had too many incidents of not having the CBs to repair my main 'Mech -- and quite frankly, this takes the fun out of experimenting with customizing one's 'Mech because that burns CBs like they're going out of style as well. Between that and repair costs, I rather bail to save CBs.

The overarching message here is to not punish the players for doing that, but to increase the CBs earned or reduce the repair costs. I am just a 'Mech driver -- I am not the organization funding the war effort. So having to worry about repair cost is the same as being a real world tanker having to worry about the Gov't taking out money from your paycheck in order to fight again tomorrow.

Edited by Randodan, 12 November 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#10 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationEverywhere where my Bushwacker or Mad Cat III are located

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

when you close the game with alt f4 it will not really disconnects you and that is what I don't like it about because I have after the latest page to much CTD and my mech will be blow up in this round and I must pay for that. How could this be when others just exit and don't must pay ? Dafuq is PGI trolling?

#11 Csatti

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostRandodan, on 12 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

The overarching message here is to not punish the players for doing that, but to increase the CBs earned or reduce the repair costs. I am just a 'Mech driver -- I am not the organization funding the war effort. So having to worry about repair cost is the same as being a real world tanker having to worry about the Gov't taking out money from your paycheck in order to fight again tomorrow.

Actually, you are playing a mercenary. A mercenary in battletech is responsible for maintaining their own equipment/mech and is expected to be paid for the fighting. Don't use so much fancy equipment if you can't pay the bill, or if you are not good enough to survive most matches.

Edited by Csatti, 13 November 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#12 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

My observations so far have been the following:

DC at match start - Probably crashed loading in.

DC a few seconds after match start with "no user found has disconnected" message - another bug where it appears you spawned outside your mech. You can't do anything at all so disconnecting is the only option.

DC during a battle - this can go either way as bug or intentional but a disconnect when losing a fight always seems suspicious. It's not often that someone disconnects right before killing an enemy mech but I suspect it still does happen at times.

#13 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostRandodan, on 12 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

They should add a special quilting-the-match button to the game that sends a disconnect message to the remaining players that reads "Left the match to save repair costs. Thankyouverymuch!"

I am known to quit a match in a non-trial 'Mech for that exact reason, while I normally play to the end in a trial 'Mech. I've had too many incidents of not having the CBs to repair my main 'Mech -- and quite frankly, this takes the fun out of experimenting with customizing one's 'Mech because that burns CBs like they're going out of style as well. Between that and repair costs, I rather bail to save CBs.

i am going to your profile now to give you one star

#14 dcwoods

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

So I do not know if you have experienced it but when been killed, I have more than a few times become a spectator in one of these disconnected Mechs. You get a helpless feeling as you get pounded once it is found. ;) Also when I have lost connection more than once my damage was greater after the match than when I loss the connection. Last I have witnessed a spectator the pilot try to surrender hoping to reduce damage once he was hopelessly out number as he saw it. I would think that these should lose their Mech.

#15 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Posted in the wrong forum perhaps?

But this topic has been brought up dozens of times.

#16 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

I was in a match today doing fairly well.. fighting and BAM.... guess what there is my desktop! Don't assume disconnects near the end game are intentional.. it ticks me off when it happens and it is always near the middle end of a match!

But I have run into the ones who actually disconnect moments before the finishing shot ;)

#17 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostGwarsbane, on 08 November 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Its been suggested before that if they are disconnecting in any detectable way (and some of them are detectable) multiple times that they be punished severely, full repair and rearm, no earnings and stuff like that.

Ummm, i say if anyone is deliberately doing it give them a warning and if they continue ban them from the game. No mercy.

Generally my gaming gripes would go something like
1. Hackers
2. Deliberate TK'rs
3. Deliberate Disconnects

As far as id be concerned they all fall into the same group of players no one wants to deal with...

#18 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I see a few of these every night. Some guy is getting smacked down hard, fighting back but losing.. and then you kill him and it says "Roland has killed <blank> ".

The guy rage quit. There's no excusing it... oh, you just happened to get disconnected a second before dying? Sure ya did, chief.

#19 Kamatayan

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Much older mmo's would still register a death and give xp on dc'd people, even those who /qtd. This is just another bug in their code which PGI just wants to ignore.

#20 BigJim

• 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostIcebound, on 12 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

It's easy to tell who is doing it on purpose. If they're winning and DC it was their internet going out of the game just crashing. If they conveniently DC right before the killshot you can probably bet it wasn't a coincidence.

Happened to me just now - I'd got the enemy base capped to like 2 pixels left, and some smartarse says "lame rushers" over chat - So when he came back I stepped off just in order to kill him before re-capping, and boom! CDT just before I got the kill-shot on him.

I don't know if we went on to win or lose, but yeah, it happens, a lot.
I CTD out of the game at least once a day, sometimes more.
Not mem-allocation errors or anything, the client just closes on me for no reason.

It always happens just as the action kicks-off, so it's entirely likley that it's a crash, and not just someone DCing out of spite - in fact more likely imo, given my experiences.

Edited by BigJim, 13 November 2012 - 06:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users