Petition For More Painting Options On Founder And Hero Mechs

88 replies to this topic

Poll: Paint for founder and hero mechs. (218 member(s) have cast votes)

You believe the Special Edition mechs should have more options for painting. Which category best describes you?

1. I'm a founder and I think you should be able to paint founder/hero mechs. (173 votes [79.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.36%

2. I'm a non-founder and I think you should be able to paint founder/hero mechs. (45 votes [20.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Bump!

#42 Elric von Rabenfels

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Bumping this up.

This should not be forgotten, especially with the devs teasing us with the possibility even with their own comments.

#43 Elric von Rabenfels

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Bump, again.

C'mon, wouldn't you all like to be able to at least change the colours on your hero & founder mech patterns?

#44 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I may have already signed this, but I'll reiterate my stance: I'd like to see additional color channel options - but not the ability to change the skin.

#45 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on 19 December 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

I may have already signed this, but I'll reiterate my stance: I'd like to see additional color channel options - but not the ability to change the skin.

I wanna paint, Leave skins as is!

#46 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

I would really like to be able to paint my mech by sections (CT/LT/RT/RA/LA/RL/LL/Head).

And let us buy permanent friggin paint colors, please.

*typos*

Edited by Magik0012, 21 December 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#47 pseudocoder

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostThirdrail, on 04 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

- Founders make up a sizable portion of PGI's best customers.

There's no need for either side to get insulting or mean-spirited.

Screw you, and screw your whining. Just because you paid more/earlier than other customers doesn't make you better. If you wanted a civil conversation you should have avoided starting the blatant insults in your original post.

#48 Elric von Rabenfels

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

I still want this.

I believe it's just and required.
And as has already been said.. the devs are able to already, so it can't be too hard to implement the feature.

#49 Thirdrail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • Private
  • 169 posts
  • LocationI'm just wandering around.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Still no word? Lame.

I don't mind spending a ton of money on a game, but I really can't support boutique pricing unless there's boutique customer service to match. There should at least be a response from PGI by now.

#50 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Doesn't make much sense not being able to change the camo/paint of a mech you own, regardless of it's heroic stature or not. I love my Muromets for the hardpoints, but I hate the paintjob.

#51 Larec

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Signed.

If I could change the camo, I guess I would buy the Muromet.

I already own a Flame and think its Camo is really ugly...

#52 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

as long as paint schemes are RENTED, and you do not own the colors once you buy them and are paying real money for them, i personally do not care if we have more options. change this to: pay ONLY c-bills, and you own the color, for ever until the universe ends, then, give me all the options in the world. till then, matters none to me.

#53 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 04 December 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

not being able to run unit colors in the founder's 'mech

is the main reason why i voted/ signed this petition^^

i don´t really care about hero mechs though, i guess a really cool paintjob would be one reason for me to buy one ;)

#54 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Voted!

#55 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Need more options in voting poll.

I'm a Founder and I say no we should not be able to change the paint on Founders or Hero mechs because it DEFEATS THE PURPOSE!!!

#56 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Serious reading comprehension fail in this thread by several people. This is not a poll, it is a petition. If you do not agree, do not complain about a lack of 'no.' How is this difficult to comprehend?

Anyways, I signed for "Not a founder but...." I bought my IM with the expectation that it could be altered, knowing full well the stock coloration combination of bile green and beige would make me wince every time I looked at it. I would have purchased it anyways, as I love running a CTF and could use the Hero boost, however.

That said, keeping the camo scheme keeps the identity of the machine as much as the unique hardpoint layouts of the thing. Changing the color will do little aside from allowing some degree of personalization of the mech.

#57 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

We are going to have it so you can change the 'striping' on the Founders Mechs - not each colour though. They are meant to be seen with their unique skin to show they are Founders Mechs, and that you are awesome for purchasing them. :P

#58 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

We are going to have it so you can change the 'striping' on the Founders Mechs - not each colour though. They are meant to be seen with their unique skin to show they are Founders Mechs, and that you are awesome for purchasing them. :P

What about hero mechs? Could an option to change color scheme, but not pattern be added?

#59 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

What about hero mechs? Could an option to change color scheme, but not pattern be added?

This would be really nice, and maybe one more changeable color on the Founders mechs (maybe the bluish color could be altered?)

Right now, I won't run any of my Founders mechs or a hero mech when grouping because they don't match the colors for our merc company (black and red) - though if I was into Dragons I guess those hero mechs might work.

Anyways, I think as long as the hero mechs are recognizable by pattern it would be good to free up the color options!

#60 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

We are going to have it so you can change the 'striping' on the Founders Mechs - not each colour though. They are meant to be seen with their unique skin to show they are Founders Mechs, and that you are awesome for purchasing them. :rolleyes:

Why are we being punished for being awesome exactly? Not to sound overly dramatic here, but that is what it feels like. Is there some compelling reason why we can't change to a color-able skin for our founders Mechs? What is the point of forcing us to display the Mech as being a founder variant? I'm honestly confused why you gave us the option to not display our Founders status in the client, given your statement above.

Yes the Founders textures are excellent, but why stop us from matching our Faction/Units paint/color schemes if that is what we want to do?

EDIT: Same thing goes for the Hero Mech's. I don't own one, but posts seems to indicate the same treatment.

Edited by Grey Ghost, 08 January 2013 - 08:43 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users