Petition For More Painting Options On Founder And Hero Mechs

88 replies to this topic

Poll: Paint for founder and hero mechs. (218 member(s) have cast votes)

You believe the Special Edition mechs should have more options for painting. Which category best describes you?

1. I'm a founder and I think you should be able to paint founder/hero mechs. (173 votes [79.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.36%

2. I'm a non-founder and I think you should be able to paint founder/hero mechs. (45 votes [20.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Liam Neeson

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostThirdrail, on 04 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A POLL. IT IS A PETITION.

View PostAlois Hammer, on 04 December 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Wow, no bias here- you get your choice of "Should be able to paint Hero/Founder mechs" or "Should be able to paint Hero/Founder mechs."

Nice to see a non-troll poll for a change. :rolleyes:

*facepalms*
Didn't even read the original post I c. Who's the troll here?

#62 Jacob Dieffenbach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMaine, U.S.A.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

We are going to have it so you can change the 'striping' on the Founders Mechs - not each colour though. They are meant to be seen with their unique skin to show they are Founders Mechs, and that you are awesome for purchasing them. :)

While I agree that founder mechs should have a special look to them, I too dislike the fact I'm forced into one ugly skin. I see all these people running around with bright red or black or pink polka dot or whatever skins, and I'm jealous. I want to paint my 'Mech. More importantly, I'm willing to GIVE YOU MONEY in the form of paying for new skins to paint my 'Mech.

I don't want to add some dim dinky stripes... I want to paint my 'Mech so that it stands out on the battlefield, so people remember what my 'Mech looks like when I stand over them.

Right now, that functionality is reserved for people who DIDN'T pay for a founder's package. I'm disappointed.

#63 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

We are going to have it so you can change the 'striping' on the Founders Mechs - not each colour though. They are meant to be seen with their unique skin to show they are Founders Mechs, and that you are awesome for purchasing them. :(

That's okay, I haven't seen a flamingly successful founder's mech in weeks.

They don't have ECM.

(This is BS. I really want the option to repaint/texture them ever even if not soon. Cutting that possibility out permanently is another strike against my interest in the direction the game is taking.)

#64 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I don't want this to die. I want this to be seen. Deliberate bump.

#65 Flit Asuno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

The change to the game's code would be fairly easy to implement. We've seen that since we can change one color on the founder's already it's a simple adjustment to the code. It might be even as simple as changing a 0 to a 1 in an xml document. This isn't something that would take days of coding or even take appreciably all that much time. Even if there isn't any coding for the secondary and tertiary colors it would be a simple cut and paste for the most part from another atlas for just enabling the paint options.

As others have pointed out. Time and again people don't understand this is meant as a petition. If you don't support the petition you don't sign it. It's structured like a poll cause the guy wanted two forms of signatures.

Also, this is an open question to Garth. How is it diminishing the awesome if we could change the colors? but keep the skin? That skin and pattern would be very distinct even in multiple colors. How are we so awesome that we're being restricted on a choice regular mechs get in regards to paint colors?

Hero mechs as well. I'd understand saying "No you can't change the pattern". But not letting people customize the colors for the pattern is a bit goofy to me. If you don't want to change your pattern or think the founders and hero mechs should be as they are, then just don't change your paint scheme. Why does your distaste get to prevent others from having options? Because us asking for a simple settings change to allow painting of founders and hero mech doesn't diminish your choices or the value of your choices at all. Some of us just like something a little different.

#66 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostFlit Asuno, on 11 January 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

The change to the game's code would be fairly easy to implement. We've seen that since we can change one color on the founder's already it's a simple adjustment to the code. It might be even as simple as changing a 0 to a 1 in an xml document. This isn't something that would take days of coding or even take appreciably all that much time. Even if there isn't any coding for the secondary and tertiary colors it would be a simple cut and paste for the most part from another atlas for just enabling the paint options.

As others have pointed out. Time and again people don't understand this is meant as a petition. If you don't support the petition you don't sign it. It's structured like a poll cause the guy wanted two forms of signatures.

Also, this is an open question to Garth. How is it diminishing the awesome if we could change the colors? but keep the skin? That skin and pattern would be very distinct even in multiple colors. How are we so awesome that we're being restricted on a choice regular mechs get in regards to paint colors?

Hero mechs as well. I'd understand saying "No you can't change the pattern". But not letting people customize the colors for the pattern is a bit goofy to me. If you don't want to change your pattern or think the founders and hero mechs should be as they are, then just don't change your paint scheme. Why does your distaste get to prevent others from having options? Because us asking for a simple settings change to allow painting of founders and hero mech doesn't diminish your choices or the value of your choices at all. Some of us just like something a little different.

Amen brother. Working all day and not being able to modify the founder's new horrible look (they looked better some time ago) is a bummer. They look like if they were painted with crayons.

#67 Galerius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I want to Camo my Founder Mechs.
Heck, I want to Camo my Hero Mechs too!
Don't you want my money?

Posted Image

#68 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

I can't get over that the possibility is "foreverno". Fix your JumpJets, fix your ECM, fix your LRMs and your Gauss and your uncrittable XL engines. Fix Streakboating, fix mysteriously disappearing armor, fix blackscreening and fix yellowscreens and CTDs and the effing heat bug. Fix CW, fix matchmaking, fix friendly-fire kills, fix the new player experience.

Go forth and fix all these things first. I don't want to be able to paint my Atlas-D (who otherwise doesn't get an EFFING OUNCE of love (because it doesn't have ECM, and therefor isn't competitive) tomorrow...but ever? Is ever too much to ask?

#69 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Bias poll is bias!
I want the options to say " I am a founder, and I don't think we should be able to paint our "founder" or hero mech's.

#70 Galerius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostPando, on 17 January 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Bias poll is bias!
I want the options to say " I am a founder, and I don't think we should be able to paint our "founder" or hero mech's.

View PostThirdrail, on 04 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A POLL. IT IS A PETITION. I set it up as a poll because it's the best way to collect individual signatures. Even if the thread itself reaches 700 pages, half of that will likely be the same 6 to 12 people arguing back and forth, like virtually every other thread on the forum. There's no "anti-signing" of a petition, so you can either agree, or just not sign it. You are, of course, free to make your own counter petition if you feel that strongly about the subject!

BUMP!

View PostGalerius, on 17 January 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

#71 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

BUMP

#72 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

More content is better than less.

#73 Sunstar

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I think that the idea of taking the hero and founder mech skins and then being able to change the colours so i don't look exactly like every one else would be great.... I mean a green flame or a purple flame whats not to like?

#74 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Bump for sensibility

#75 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

From patch notes.

New Skin Package:

- Woodland Pattern Added for all mechs.

Yeah, sure it is. :)

#76 Redchameleon

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Back on subject, I agree with the OP, however like planetside 2, I think they should give you an option to use not only a camo, but mabie a decal as well. Some founders may not want to have the particular camo but would still want to be recongnized.

#77 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

I am a founder and i got hero mechs too.

I DONT think they should be repaintable.

These mechs are unique and that is shown by their painting.

IMO if you want to paint your mech in your favorite colors, buy one from the stock...

If you want your shiny mc and xp bonus, well play the founder/hero mechs in the colors they come with...

There are things to take care of in this game that are SO MUCH MORE important than Camo...

I'd rather see new mechs released than the the founders and heros with new camo stuffed...

The decal-thing is something different... Thats actually something that should be added... It'll make your founder/hero recogniceable but it would still remain a founder/hero mech...

Edited by Sh4nk0h0l1c, 19 January 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#78 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Well I think they should have the option for change. If other owners of Founder/Hero like the "unique" look of the Mechs, then they simply don't have to change anything in order to keep it. Severely limiting color options on these Mechs doesn't make them "unique", it makes them a bunch of clones.

Edited by Grey Ghost, 21 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#79 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostSh4nk0h0l1c, on 19 January 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

I am a founder and i got hero mechs too.
IMO if you want to paint your mech in your favorite colors, buy one from the stock...

So you're the one that's paying MORE actual dollars for my spare Mechbay right? Because... well, that's what you suggested I do.

#80 Zygot

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I really want to be able to paint my Ilya. I did the full founders package, and I don't mind too much about the founders mechs since equivilents can be used. But as for Hero mechs, especially my Ilya, I cannot recreat that build with another mech. It's by far my favorite mech/build, I don't know why I have to keep the original colors. I don't mind the pattern, that can stay.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users