A Question About Armor:

3 replies to this topic

#1 D0m1n4t0r

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hello, I was wondering how Armor and Damage worked exactly. Say a PPC does 10 Damage. Does a hit from it remove 10 Armor? and so on and so forth.

EDIT: I've been playing since Closed Beta but have always wondered how that mechanic worked since it seems to vary in some battles.

Edited by D0m1n4t0r, 05 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#2 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yes it is supposed to be that a 10pt dmg weapon removes 10pts of armor... but...

A medium laser (for example) fires for a set duration of time. In order to do its 5pts of damage to one hit location, you need to keep the laser on that target (specific location) for the entire time that it fires. If you only keep it on target for 1/2 that time, then it only does 2.5 pts of damage. If half of it is hitting the center torso, then the last half of its duration hits the left torso, then each torso only takes 2.5 pts of damage, etc.

Most people using laser type weapons fire, then swing the beam across their target = very little actual damage.

Ballistic weapons (ACs, Gauss, etc.) do their full damage to one location every time (thus their popularity).

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

If you feel like you are dealing no damage, you a probably missing due to lag shield. You can read up on why this affects you.

#4 D0m1n4t0r

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostHarmAssassin, on 05 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Yes it is supposed to be that a 10pt dmg weapon removes 10pts of armor... but...

A medium laser (for example) fires for a set duration of time. In order to do its 5pts of damage to one hit location, you need to keep the laser on that target (specific location) for the entire time that it fires. If you only keep it on target for 1/2 that time, then it only does 2.5 pts of damage. If half of it is hitting the center torso, then the last half of its duration hits the left torso, then each torso only takes 2.5 pts of damage, etc.

Most people using laser type weapons fire, then swing the beam across their target = very little actual damage.

Ballistic weapons (ACs, Gauss, etc.) do their full damage to one location every time (thus their popularity).

thats y i focus with my lasers ;P and all but the LB-10x-AC anyways

View PostElizander, on 05 December 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

If you feel like you are dealing no damage, you a probably missing due to lag shield. You can read up on why this affects you.

thats probably it at least when firing at jenners with lasers

Edited by D0m1n4t0r, 06 December 2012 - 08:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users