Ecm Double Standard

60 replies to this topic

#21 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

and here I am still rocking a yen lo wang with an AC/10 and a large laser...
killing LRM boats and ECM users alike...

#22 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

out of range is legit. you know it, I know it. no need to throw a red herring in here.

magic ELECTRICAL device that makes locks impossible--regardless of LoS, thermal, etc-- not legit.

#23 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostFate 6, on 05 December 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

"Balanced loadout" as in what? Should I run a stock A1 with only LRMs? I've ran 2 LRMs 4 SSRMs which I would consider a balanced loadout. Still useless against ECM. Or are SRMs the only balanced missile? An all-SRM loadout is balanced?

If the other side has ECM then missiles are useless for both teams. And it's still a big IF.

no but going 2 lrms 2 srms 2 ssrms would be balanced and uncountered but best at no role

#24 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Whats this? an ECM hypocrate using a sweeping generalization as an argument cause there is no other way to defend the lameness of fitting an ECM and suddenly doing well.

Streakcats were never an issue. If you cant kill a streakcat without ECM maybe you should learn real skill, and not automagic ECM skill.

ROFL, you call a pure auto lock-on build as skill? What are you smoking? I run SRM cats (that can't use ECM) that has to do everything a SSRM cat does AND the SRM requires aiming. Good riddance to people like you that relies on pure auto-lock on as a crutch.

Edited by Belkor, 05 December 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#25 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

out of range is legit. you know it, I know it. no need to throw a red herring in here.

magic ELECTRICAL device that makes locks impossible--regardless of LoS, thermal, etc-- not legit.

hmm ecm doesnt currently effect missile targeting in the modern world? or is this simply sorcery?

#26 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

I dont even have a streakcat, i tried it out a while ago and got bored, changed it up. I have a 2x LRM 15+ art and 4x ssrms. its a logical build. Why should I be forced to use SRMs which I just plain dont want them on this build? I have plenty of non locking builds among my various mechs. get real. people like variation.

Everyone thinks they are sooo awesome if you dont use locking missiles. lol elitists. figure out how to not die by them and maybe you wont be so bitter.

View PostSarevos, on 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

hmm ecm doesnt currently effect missile targeting in the modern world? or is this simply sorcery?

if you looked up anything about ECM from BT TT youd know you're an *****.

I just plain dont like options being taken away. ECM = no locking missiles. Why risk running them when it could easily be dead weight.

Edited by LOWJACKCITY, 05 December 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#27 geek

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

What about PPCs hits disabling ECM for a good chunk of time? Like 30 seconds?

#28 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostSarevos, on 05 December 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

no but going 2 lrms 2 srms 2 ssrms would be balanced and uncountered but best at no role

No, that would be pointless. I now have to have 3 different types of ammo. Against ECM I now only have 2 weapons which need me to be point blank to use. I can't optimize for any role either. Sometimes you want to optimize a mech for a role. That's the point of the A1 and K2 frames.

That's a "balanced" loadout just like running 2xFlamers 2xMGs and 2xSRM2s would be balanced on a CN9-D. Look, I can make a "balanced" loadout too. Doesn't mean its useful at all.

View PostSarevos, on 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Current day ECM doesn't make missile locks impossible. There are flares (basically AMS) and there's some IR smoke or interference, but nothing close to what is in the game right now.

#29 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I dont even have a streakcat, i tried it out a while ago and got bored, changed it up. I have a 2x LRM 15+ art and 4x ssrms. its a logical build. Why should I be forced to use SRMs which I just plain dont want them on this build? I have plenty of non locking builds among my various mechs. get real. people like variation.

Everyone thinks they are sooo awesome if you dont use locking missiles. lol elitists. figure out how to not die by them and maybe you wont be so bitter.

if you looked up anything about ECM from BT TT youd know you're an *****.

remember were not adhering to TT for gameplay reasons also recall that in BT lore if an ecm mech got within range the device can disrupt YOUR HUD so i prefer the current fuggery to just being completely blind thank you

#30 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postgeek, on 05 December 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

What about PPCs hits disabling ECM for a good chunk of time? Like 30 seconds?

Good luck hitting a light with a PPC lol

#31 geek

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostFate 6, on 05 December 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Good luck hitting a light with a PPC lol

But if you do..... om nom nom nom

Also, it makes the umbrella on Atlases go away and give the ECM Cicada useful.

#32 Kobold

• Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Streaks were broken powerful pre-ECM. They remain broken powerful if their team has more ECM than the other team (or neither team has it).

Streaks still aren't fixed. ECM isn't even a band aid on the problem, it is just a pain killer. When you don't have it, the pain is still there.

#33 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostFate 6, on 05 December 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

No, that would be pointless. I now have to have 3 different types of ammo. Against ECM I now only have 2 weapons which need me to be point blank to use. I can't optimize for any role either. Sometimes you want to optimize a mech for a role. That's the point of the A1 and K2 frames.

That's a "balanced" loadout just like running 2xFlamers 2xMGs and 2xSRM2s would be balanced on a CN9-D. Look, I can make a "balanced" loadout too. Doesn't mean its useful at all.

Current day ECM doesn't make missile locks impossible. There are flares (basically AMS) and there's some IR smoke or interference, but nothing close to what is in the game right now.

you did that to yourself by specializing it is the inherent problem in doing so you were made useless by ONE THING where as my C1 always has useable weapon systems even if some are made useless but it will never be as effective one on one as your A1 that is the trade off

no it doesnt prevent locks it just disrupts avionics making the lock useless as the missile cannot fly where it wants to lol so instead of wasting your ammo you just cant fire

View Postgeek, on 05 December 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

But if you do..... om nom nom nom

Also, it makes the umbrella on Atlases go away and give the ECM Cicada useful.

ppcs should disrupt electronics but you gotta know who has the device or will you just go wild card?

Edited by Sarevos, 05 December 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#34 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostKobold, on 05 December 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Streaks were broken powerful pre-ECM. They remain broken powerful if their team has more ECM than the other team (or neither team has it).

Streaks still aren't fixed. ECM isn't even a band aid on the problem, it is just a pain killer. When you don't have it, the pain is still there.

This. Streaks needed to be fixed by fixing streaks. Making ECM broken is not the right solution.

#35 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostFate 6, on 05 December 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

This. Streaks needed to be fixed by fixing streaks. Making ECM broken is not the right solution.

ECM IS NOT BROKEN it just makes Lock specialized builds ineffective the cure is having someone kill the ******* with it or having someone counter it on your team or not having ONLY lock based weaponry its not that bad its probably just abused but many of them bring less firepower to field it besides the atlas who should already be a priority target regardless lol

#36 Plavis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

ECM is a good addition to the game, makes it more stratigic, this coming from me i own all cat varriants. ECM did not nerf missile boat at all in my case it made us even more deadly.
running whit my frieds using A1 alpha kitty doing 90 dps per volly whit 1.54 heat efficency at 80kph we dont even care about ecm, we have the speed and the manuvrability to go around, outflan, or come up behind enemy formation or simply just rush in jumpjets own and lay havock,
running 4 alpha kitty charging ussaly our standar match last 4 minuts max.

for people complaining about streak cats and now are happy about ecm thinking it nurfed the streak cats got it wrong, for me and my team made us even deadlier.

#37 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

yeah, I dont see a problem with ECM so far
I disagree with this thread :D lol

#38 geek

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostSarevos, on 05 December 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

ppcs should disrupt electronics but you gotta know who has the device or will you just go wild card?

Only 4 variants have it. If it's one of those, hit it with PPC.

#39 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostSarevos, on 05 December 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

ECM IS NOT BROKEN it just makes Lock specialized builds ineffective useless the cure is having someone kill the ******* with it or having someone counter it on your team or not having ONLY lock based weaponry its not that bad its probably just abused but many of them bring less firepower to field it besides the atlas who should already be a priority target regardless lol

Fixed that for you, no need to thank me.

The only option besides lock based missiles is to use SRMs which are shotguns. Shotguns mean you HAVE to brawl if you want to use your missile hardpoints. This means that the game is nothing but brawling. I like getting in close for a fight but 1) I like to use indirect fire support for variety and 2) I don't always want to be brawling at 90m, sometimes I like being at 200-300m.

This is why we don't see medium mechs very much right now. SSRM's allowed mechs to deal damage with missiles from 250m, it isn't just about the lock on. If SRMs could do damage consistently from that range I would be ok with it.

Edited by Fate 6, 05 December 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#40 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

View Postgeek, on 05 December 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Only 4 variants have it. If it's one of those, hit it with PPC.

yea but how do you know if theyre radar cloaked is my point XD we cant see the variant or relevant info at range unless you can identify them on sight if so more power to ya lol when youre in the mix up close i suppose its no problem though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users