97 replies to this topic

#61 Verminaard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 305 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I wish they'd be able to make progress on this lag, its absolutely unplayable for me now. Shooting ballistics at my cross-hair has the shot zoom wildly off in a random direction, seemingly anywhere but where i was aiming.. I don't know if its netcode issue, or what.. but since Nov 20th patch I'm having major problems playing... I want to be able to play again D:

#62 Taryys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

They are in the process of a complete rewrite of the netcode:

http://mwomercs.com/...t-code-roadmap/

#63 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostCrazycajun, on 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Your netcode and networking absolutely bottom line sucks... You should be patching every DAY till you get it resolved..

no patch next week ? fail

Your answers shows your lack of knowledge of software development, SDLCs, and specifically those within gaming and the landscape of F2P today.

#64 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for filling us in! Lookin forward to it, hopefully by the 18th I'll have enough c-bills saved up to try whatever I feel works best. ^_^

#65 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Oh will No buying MC tell 2013 for me ^_^

#66 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Please, Please pretty please is knockdown a possibility next week?

#67 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostVerminaard, on 10 December 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

I wish they'd be able to make progress on this lag, its absolutely unplayable for me now. Shooting ballistics at my cross-hair has the shot zoom wildly off in a random direction, seemingly anywhere but where i was aiming.. I don't know if its netcode issue, or what.. but since Nov 20th patch I'm having major problems playing... I want to be able to play again D:

I hear ya. With netcode being so vital to the core functionality of this game (you know, see Mech, shoot Mech, expect damage to register, win round, repeat), having it be in such a broken state really takes the enjoyment out of this game.

I've been playing with friends to help offset this, but even then, it's been frustrating to say the least; you try to help save friends and to bust out some sweet tactics on the enemy which, if registration worked as expected, would have been successful, only to have a single Raven run around you, absorb 15 4xLL alpha strikes, take no damage, and core you in the process all by himself.

...and that's not even the FIRST time that's happened. Ugh.

View PostTaryys, on 10 December 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

They are in the process of a complete rewrite of the netcode:
http://mwomercs.com/...t-code-roadmap/

The last bastion of hope, it seems, to awake many from the miserable nightmare of 'what is'.

#68 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostSocket7, on 09 December 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Increasing projectile speed reduces the amount of lead required, making projectiles more intuitive. It's not about netcode. Projectiles don't feel to me like projectiles right now. They feel like rockets. Even at short ranges with large targets you have to lead your target significantly.

An SRM6, the fastest missile has a speed of 300
The AC2 has a speed of 2000
The AC10 has a speed of 850
The AC20 has a speed of 750
Lasers are supposed to be instant, with the exception of PPCs which are 1200 like the gauss rifle.

Many players are currently shying away from the larger autocannons because they are to hard to lead with. This leads to people spamming the AC2 (which is terribad) and the UAC5 (which people keep complaining about it jamming)

The larger AC's have always seemed a bit too slow to me. They could use a slight boost so you're not leading 20 meters ahead of an atlas while trying to shoot it from 100 meters.

Shadows can already be turned off by a quick config edit. The support section of the forum has more details.

Also, shadows are handled by your GPU, so it's doubtfull your CPU load will go down much by disabling them.

While I appreciate your honest answer, you missed my sarcasm/truth in the post.
While it was a tongue in cheek response, there is a possibility that this"fix" is actually really a "fix" for the netcode.
In other words, lipstick on a pig.

Consider this, because of various issues, one cant reliably do damage in many instances with ..... lazers...
That problem is compounded with ballistics or weapons with travel time<ppc>
The problem people are having is NOT with the weapons themselves. Its with damage detection, feedback with said weapons.
The travel time for all ac etc is just fine./. Including ppc. Any faster and they make them cheesy.
These are approximately the speeds for these weapons in mw4, and mwll and they feel just fine as is.

As far as shadows.. I had them off via user config before the last 3 patches... Now they don t work , for me, via user configs.. They keep screwing around with settings on user configs and finally, idnt care where i get the benefit, i want.... to turn ... of shadows... I cant do didly with the in game settings... quality of shadows?? Whose got time for dat?
I want to play this game but its nigh impossible.

#69 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostTaryys, on 10 December 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Bug fixes and netcode fixes are generally not mentioned until patch notes.

yeah smart guy, they said there will be NO PATCH, why should there be patch notes?

#70 GoreChild

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBay 2, ready for combat drop

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I dont really care about new modes and mechs... Mostly because I CTD 1/3rd of launch attempts. I just hope they fix it.

Love the game and hope for the best ^_^

#71 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I am not being an ***.

I am just saying that bug fixes are not usually mentioned in the command posts, etc. Bug fixes are usually only really mentioned in the patch notes.

View PostElder Thorn, on 10 December 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

yeah smart guy, they said there will be NO PATCH, why should there be patch notes?

#72 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Just wanted to chime in fer a sec and say you guys are doing great, and to keep up the good work (but don't overheat yourselves into shutdown).

My thoughts/hopes for upcoming patches: UAC5s need to jam slightly less, most especially first shot jams- it's really silly when they jam right away. Gauss Rifles and PPCs feel a little "meh" in power right now... both weapons seem to hit like a wet sock and have some pretty big trade offs to deal with- PPC damage does not match up to the "damage" they cause to yourself in heat effects, making many pilots carry large lasers instead, because lasers are at least a little more forgiving in regards to accuracy. Gauss Rifles I think are close to right, but I almost feel like I can do better damage with UAC5, so a little underwhelming for 15 tons worth of weapon (almost twice as heavy as UAC5)... biggest complaint with Gauss rifle is fielding a gauss on my Dragon instantly makes the Mech upkeep costs too expensive- really weird that it's so expensive and takes up so many slots, but leaves me feeling like I'd rather have an ultra AC5 fitted. (so either UAC5 is too good, which I kinda doubt...or Gauss Rifle needs a little lift somehow)

#73 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostJell0r, on 08 December 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

hurrah for inc PPC fixes
any whiff of jagermech anywhen?
tho I guess looking at the release's we're about due for an assault?

Soonest the Jag will be arround would be March.

December: Stalker
January: Spider
February: Trebuchet
March: TBD

#74 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Phew, no fingers crossing needed this week. Excellent!

#75 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostTaryys, on 10 December 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

I am not being an ***.

I am just saying that bug fixes are not usually mentioned in the command posts, etc. Bug fixes are usually only really mentioned in the patch notes.

and this thread is about the fact, that there is nox patch this week, so again.. why would there be patch notes?
And if there is no patch, there won't be a bug- or lagfix, at least none that are software based i think.

#76 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I never stated that there would be a patch or patch notes this week.
I just said that they usually do not directly talk about bug fixes since this is an ongoing process.
We usually find out about bug fixes in the patch notes when they do have a patch.

You are jumping all over me and I am just providing info. :D
Me sad panda.

View PostElder Thorn, on 10 December 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

and this thread is about the fact, that there is nox patch this week, so again.. why would there be patch notes?
And if there is no patch, there won't be a bug- or lagfix, at least none that are software based i think.

#77 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostTaryys, on 10 December 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I never stated that there would be a patch or patch notes this week.
I just said that they usually do not directly talk about bug fixes since this is an ongoing process.
We usually find out about bug fixes in the patch notes when they do have a patch.

You are jumping all over me and I am just providing info. :D
Me sad panda.

i probably got you wrong. I understood it as you telling me, there might be bugfixes this week even though if they are not announced yet, and i didn't get how someone could say that if there is no patch at all this week.

I apologize if this is a misunderstanding

#78 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

NP! :D

View PostElder Thorn, on 10 December 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

i probably got you wrong. I understood it as you telling me, there might be bugfixes this week even though if they are not announced yet, and i didn't get how someone could say that if there is no patch at all this week.

I apologize if this is a misunderstanding

#79 Bitslizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

We are here to tell you there will be no patch this coming week. Things that were going to be icnluded that week are shifting to the following week. We’ll be burning the midnight oil to get in the maximum amount of fixes, tweaks, and changes done we possibly can.

Next patch is sure to be a doozy though, so stay tuned and we’ll let you know our progress as it happens. Ballistic lovers in particular are really going to like what we’ve changed.

We wanted to thank you, again, for being with us, and that we feel very lucky to have such a passionate and flat-out awesome fanbase. You guys rock, and we love you.

See you on the battlefield!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

can we get some details regarding Conquest mode to start unit planning?

#80 judasho

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHK

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

good~ I wait you~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users