No Patch - Dec. 11Th

97 replies to this topic

#41 Yagubiougami

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Just a quick question. If the patch from Dec. 11th is pushed a week does that mean the Dec. 18th patch will be pushed also? Or they will be combined? I want my stalker ASAP :)

#42 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

while i appreciate the information, i am seriously concerned about this.
Not a single bugfix?

#43 Socket7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCapping your base

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

View Postmekabuser, on 08 December 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

lol, they are improving the netcode.
By increasing velocity of ballistics and ppc<neither of which are needed>, you decrease time to target which in turn decreases probability of lag miss or warp occuring while ordanance is travelling down range.

Increasing projectile speed reduces the amount of lead required, making projectiles more intuitive. It's not about netcode. Projectiles don't feel to me like projectiles right now. They feel like rockets. Even at short ranges with large targets you have to lead your target significantly.

An SRM6, the fastest missile has a speed of 300
The AC2 has a speed of 2000
The AC10 has a speed of 850
The AC20 has a speed of 750
Lasers are supposed to be instant, with the exception of PPCs which are 1200 like the gauss rifle.

Many players are currently shying away from the larger autocannons because they are to hard to lead with. This leads to people spamming the AC2 (which is terribad) and the UAC5 (which people keep complaining about it jamming)

The larger AC's have always seemed a bit too slow to me. They could use a slight boost so you're not leading 20 meters ahead of an atlas while trying to shoot it from 100 meters.

when can I do something basic like turn off shadows?
Then maybe my processor will run at 99% load instead of 99.99 %

Shadows can already be turned off by a quick config edit. The support section of the forum has more details.

Also, shadows are handled by your GPU, so it's doubtfull your CPU load will go down much by disabling them.

Edited by Socket7, 09 December 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#44 Sheriff x

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBlue trails of smoke-haze lifting in the cockpit while Betty screams incessantly

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostRyvucz, on 07 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Don't kill yourselves with insane working hours!

I second this suggestion, because without you guys, I wouldn't have what I love - an up to date version of a Universe full of hate and destruction.

#45 SwordofLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Lookie here, ***** ....er, Santa...stupid dyslexia....all I want for this Xmas is a new blood-red paint job for my Commando, just so folks know they're messing with a unit from the Sword of Light regiments, and a Stalker. I understand this will take a hell of a big tree and several hundred meters of blinky lights to fit something like a Stalker under it, but hey, thats my list an' I'm a stickin' to it.

-Don (can I have blinky lights on my Stalker?)

#46 Loqgar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Can't wait for the next patch, For me on my computer you guys have been making steady forward progress every patch. Sometimes I disagree with your balance decisions but its coming along nicely. Please work on making the mech lab and grade "A" mechs more accessible to new players, I for one have at least 2-5 more people I could get to try this game (and I think they would enjoy it) but I'm afraid they won't make it past the trial mech phase. Some ideas I have are:

1) allow a new account to receive one gift from an account on their friends list in the form c-bills or MC.
2) Add a discount to the mechs you purchase with diminishing returns. So the first mech you bought you might get 75% off, the second 50% or something like that just so new players could get their first customizable mech sooner.

3) an In game test mech lab where you could see how different load outs fit together with out owning the mech or having the C-bills to buy the equipment.

4) Match making. Now I'm loving this 8v8 **** but I don't want my newb friends joining the game and getting **** stomped for 6 hours til they can buy a commando. They just won't do it. If the regular "PUG" matchmaker put noobs with noobs and trial mechs with trial mechs then it would be much better. Even a full out trail mech bracket might help although I would prefer to see it integrated with the regular que.

I just want the Devs to know that there is still a new player pool out there to draw from.

Thanks for your hard work and making mechwarrior a virtual reality once again.

#47 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

I personally didn't expect a patch on the 11th anyways due to all the stuff on the upcoming content/features that was going to show up the 18th.

I think its going to be great.

#48 Stravo Thalem

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostMechsniper, on 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

And I might add we have no decent sniper weapon now that the Guass rifle is made of glass in an Atlas. Please work on the ERPPC/PPC. Less heat would be great.

I'm not really sure about this... you do know that a sniper shouldn't get hit all that much right? I mean, I thought snipers were supposed to be all sneaky and hide somewhere to get their shot off, or be at a ridiculous range. Doesn't really make sense to have a sniping weapon be awesome in the brawl as well...

#49 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Since the last patch I can't play and be effective. So this upsets me quite a lot.

#50 Cola

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

So when are you going to be balancing ECM to make it not required? With Netcode as ****** as it is lasers can't be used against Lights with ECM so we are left to depend on them legging themselves due to that bug that still hasn't been fixed. Ironic isn't it? But hey, who the hell cares about bugs and balance when there is Santa Atlas?

Edited by arden, 09 December 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#51 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

Appreciate the head's up. I'm going to play other games for the time being until the CTF's arms are fixed and the netcode is better addressed. Looking forward to the 11th. I'm not much of a ballistic player; lately I feel like my 4x LL are useless, but I think most of that is due to the shots simply not registering properly.

#52 Spuds McHaggis

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

We wanted to thank you, again, for being with us, and that we feel very lucky to have such a passionate and flat-out awesome fanbase. You guys rock, and we love you.

See you on the battlefield!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Sorry but, I'm not feeling love since the xmas fluff was released.

If you want more of us to stay and pay then you REALLY need to show the love!

Edited by Mowie, 09 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#53 Gravegore

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I cant wait for the next patch! keep up the great work!

#54 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Please include the needed ECM nerf into the next patch...

#55 arkanis

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostSnuglninja, on 08 December 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

I have heard that ECM now will include a force field option, making lasers do only 1 point of damage to every one in ecm bubble. YES learn to aim! this will add a extra dimension to the game and team work.

If i'm given one dollar for every time I hear "learn to aim" in a year or so I'll be able to buy THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. No snugininja, don't fool yourself, you are not that good dodging, your light is desync. The sooner you accept it, the better you'll take it when your raven starts dying easily when going toe to toe with an atlas the day they fix it.

Edited by arkanis, 10 December 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#56 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Thanks Garth,hope the work is good invested.Ihave no problem to wait a bit longer when the Job is done good. AND let ECM how it is and NO i drive no ECM. But i like the fresh wind that is in the Game now. Greets from Munich.
ps: How about european Servers???American Players are clearly in better Positions with Hits with their ping's.And i know how to Aim and Hit.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 10 December 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#57 Kernfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

View PostSen, on 07 December 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

And thank you for ECM but it needs to balanced change it an bit!

Fixed that for you..no need to thank me

#58 Zagum

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

Can I have my Kneepads back?

#59 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

I had to buy the Christmas Lights... HAD TO!!
I loves them! :unsure:

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 07 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

I love you guys too, but I'm not buying the Christmas decorations! ^_^

#60 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Bug fixes and netcode fixes are generally not mentioned until patch notes.

View PostElder Thorn, on 09 December 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

while i appreciate the information, i am seriously concerned about this.
Not a single bugfix?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users