Mouse Drift/disappearing Cursor

3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen Wren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I am currently experiencing several mouse-related issues in the MWO environment. In-game and in the mechlab, the cursor will constantly drift to the right, an issue that does not occur in any other software, and stops when MWO is no longer the focused application. Additionally, after the final scoreboard of a match is displayed and I am directed back to the mechlab, the cursor will not be visible until I click out of the mechlab, at which point Windows seems to find it again.

Have you encountered anything along these lines in testing?

#2 Carmaga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yes.

This problem occurs when a game pad is attached (in my case, xbox controller). The thing is I have to "recalibrate" the game pad by moving the thumb sticks all around. I assume it has something to do with the game pad dead angles.

There is another problem when you are using gamepad: you cannot swap the left/right thumb sticks. I would love to have my left thumb stick assigned for mech movement, and right stick for aiming/torso. Because of the game pad issues I'm playing with my mouse.

What comes to mouse, I'm using user.cfg override for the mouse speed. You can check my settings @here. I had some side affects during patch 1.1.155 but with the latest patch 1.1.161 (+hotfix) it has never occurred. To put short: sometimes when you move your mouse rapidly before starting a match, your arm cross-hair (the small circle) might be positioned to somewhere else than to the centre. To repeat: with the latest patch I have not experienced the side affect.

#3 Mounty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 220 posts
  • LocationOrange, NSW, Australia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

I had it happen last night, I was sniping targets on one of the Frozen City maps, my crosshairs kept sliding to the right. I noticed that at some point I'd bumped up the mouse sensitivity, when I reduced it the problem went away. I'm not sure if I really saw it or it was imagination but the crosshairs looked like they were moving in tiny jumps. I think it may actually have resulted from the mechs engine noise vibrating my desktop and the higher settings on the mouse being able to see it.

#4 Allen Wren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Welp.

It actually appears that this issue was caused by my gamepad remaining plugged in from an earlier gaming session (F1 2012) and said pad having been placed facedown on the floor, whereupon my cat sat on it, pushing one analog stick to the right.

Issue solved.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users