75 replies to this topic

#1 Lupus Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Not exactly about the issue, but something does not ring true here: http://mwomercs.com/...-review-dec-7th

"We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints"

This was posted on the 7th! PGI, do you not read the forums? How can you say in all honesty, 3 days after the patch, that "We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints" ?!?!?!?!?

Regardless what side of the issue you are on, no one can say that the above is an honest comment by PGI, and we should all be concerned. Either they did not even bother to review the threads, especially the "ECM Feedback" thread, or they out and out purposely misrepresent the community reaction to ECM .

Posters in these forums are often less than objective, honest, or transparent in their motives, which is an unfortunate cultural aspect of the interweb. But, when the game devs themselves misrepresent issues, all of as, as a community, should be outraged.

Edited by Lupus Aurelius, 08 December 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#2 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image

#3 ollo

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostLupus Aurelius, on 08 December 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Not exactly about the issue, but something does not ring true here: http://mwomercs.com/...-review-dec-7th

"We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints"

This was posted on the 7th! PGI, do you not read the forums? How can you say in all honesty, 3 days after the patch, that "We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints" ?!?!?!?!?

Regardless what side of the issue you are on, no one can say that the above is an honest comment by PGI, and we should all be concerned. Either they did not even bother to review the threads, especially the "ECM Feedback" thread, or they out and out purposely misrepresent the community reaction to ECM .

Posters in these forums are often less than objective, honest, or transparent in their motives, which is an unfortunate cultural aspect of the interweb. But, when the game devs themselves misrepresent issues, all of as, as a community, should be outraged.

Must be some kind of inside joke... or proof of how distatched the devs are from what they think the game needs and what it really needs. I hope for inside joke! :D :D

#4 Eidelon

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

in b4 thread gets deleted for not towing the party line

#5 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

While I am not one of the people that thinks ECM is "OMGGAMEBREAKING" I do notice more than a few complaints about it. I hope the devs were being a little tongue-in-cheek there.

#6 TwoFaced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

It is funny, I complained, they deleted it....lol.

Also made a poll that was deleted....lol (which was a complaint also)

Really, I guess no one sent in a formal complain via email or whatever. Next time I will send certified letter with signature requirement, wooT.

#7 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

They probably meant that there are no complaints regarding in-game mechanics... it works as intended.

The forums will always be cluttered with complaining because when someone is fed up they come here to vent their anger.

I say wait a few months and see what other electronic warfare systems are added.

People who use lock-on weapons often are probably upset because their favorite weapons are a little less useful without good ECM teammates... in a few months there will be new systems added that probably change gameplay yet again.

I personally enjoy having to work as a team and I embrace the electronic warfare changes... If I'm running my streak boat and I get ECM'd then oh well for me... not every game is like that.

#8 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Also in the patch notes:

I am going to be honest with you ECM is a game changer so let us know how you feel about ECM on the forums because lately I think you guys have been holding back and not telling us how you really feel.

I'm actually not sure how to respond to this topic because I dont know if it's a bunch of sarcastic posts about the devs' use of sarcasm or if their jokes really went over your heads.

Edited by skullman86, 08 December 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#9 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostTwoFaced, on 08 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

It is funny, I complained, they deleted it....lol.

Also made a poll that was deleted....lol (which was a complaint also)

Really, I guess no one sent in a formal complain via email or whatever. Next time I will send certified letter with signature requirement, wooT.

I hope that more complaints get deleted because there is a suggestion forum and feedback forum... that is why your thread probably got deleted... wrong forum...

#10 TwoFaced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

My complaint was simple, give trial mechs ecm....all these customs are stomping mudd hole in their butts, teams and factions with ecm, groups of trials with none. Really isnt fair. I did this in general discussion for everyone to see.

#11 Particle Man

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 08 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

I do notice more than a few complaints about it. I hope the devs were being a little tongue-in-cheek there.

WHAT?!?! people in THIS forum complaining about anything and everything ever regardless of what it does or doesnt do?

#12 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 08 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

While I am not one of the people that thinks ECM is "OMGGAMEBREAKING" I do notice more than a few complaints about it. I hope the devs were being a little tongue-in-cheek there.

From what I've read, I haven't played since the patch since I bought a bunch of new games and am working on them, ECM is powerful but not really game breaking because it can be countered. I think the problem lay within the means to counter it requiring a lot of teamwork and coordination that generally pugs are terrible at. Me being mainly a solo/pug player, I can understand the frustration of it.

As for PGI saying they implemented something with no complaints... Welcome to the PR world. Stop thinking of PGI as your friend and start thinking of them as an actual business. They aren't going to say "Hey guy's we implemented something the community hated, we're so proud of that!" They're gonna make everything seem great. Does that make it ok? No. Just adds the proper perspective to view it from that many people lack.

#13 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

It's a joke because they're well aware that the majority of the MWO community would complain even if given their greatest hopes and dreams.

#14 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostWindies, on 08 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

From what I've read, I haven't played since the patch since I bought a bunch of new games and am working on them, ECM is powerful but not really game breaking because it can be countered. I think the problem lay within the means to counter it requiring a lot of teamwork and coordination that generally pugs are terrible at. Me being mainly a solo/pug player, I can understand the frustration of it.

As for PGI saying they implemented something with no complaints... Welcome to the PR world. Stop thinking of PGI as your friend and start thinking of them as an actual business. They aren't going to say "Hey guy's we implemented something the community hated, we're so proud of that!" They're gonna make everything seem great. Does that make it ok? No. Just adds the proper perspective to view it from that many people lack.

If they said that every one disliked the ECM feature, then they would be lying too...

#15 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostZero Neutral, on 08 December 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

If they said that every one disliked the ECM feature, then they would be lying too...

How is saying that "We implemented ECM to some complaints from our playerbase, we intend on tweaking ECM until we find a happy medium", saying that everyone dislike's it and it's a lie?

Notice how my above theoretical statement both saves face and uses honesty rather than a blunt false statement?

Edited by Windies, 08 December 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#16 random51

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I guess that explains these forums, too many players without a sense of humor worth mentioning.

#17 Devils Advocate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

They did it just for all of the people whining in this thread. It's sarcasm. That you cannot detect it is the reason why you are cancerous to the community.

#18 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

It's really hard not to make fun of people who don't get the joke that it was indeed a joke, a bit of humor, a lark, a breaking of the ice to get a laugh out of people. Some people..no sense of comedy unless it hit them on the head with a poop joke.

#19 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

The nerd guy from the Simpsons was a perfect post. IT'S A JOKE because there are a bunch of complaint and "I quit" posts about every change made to the game...with ECM there were a few more and the devs clearly thought it was worth a bit of sarcasm to poke fun at the whole thing.

It's how people cope with the craziness of life and work. It's called humor. Get a sense for it...please.

#20 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostWindies, on 08 December 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

How is saying that "We implemented ECM to some complaints from our playerbase, we intend on tweaking ECM until we find a happy medium", saying that everyone dislike's it and it's a lie?

Notice how my above theoretical statement both saves face and uses honesty rather than a blunt false statement?

Hm, well, you read my statement, then you tell me where u went wrong by re-wording my statement. Let's not derail the topic, though...

"Everyone loves ECM" = not true
"Everyone hates ECM" = not true...
"Some people like and some people don't like ECM" = true but who the heck would write such a dumb statement...?

If every one always wrote the truth about other's opinions, then they would all read like, "This is a pretty cool but not so cool feature depending on who you ask. Some people like it and some people don't. Free will prevails..." Not very exciting.

Now back on topic.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users