"we Also Added Ecm To Absolutely No Complaints" - Weekly Review - Dec. 7Th

75 replies to this topic

#41 Secundus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postrandom51, on 08 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Judging by the responses in this thread I can't blame them. Too much effort to sift through tons of stupid for grams of smart.

They've made countless amateur decisions, they are a game company that has yet to prove itself in the PC market after about 10 years in business. It's looking more and more obvious that this game is more than they are capable of handling. When your beta testers are begging you not to release the game to the public for fear of backlash and bankruptcy, and then they go ahead and do it claiming they're doing it as a favour to the beta testers because we were "burnt out" that's just propaganda. They aren't listening to us, they're listening to something else. Look at the 3rd person fiasco, I've yet to see anyone screaming for it yet they are "listening to the players" in regards to that. If they are reading these posts they aren't taking them seriously and if they want to add another failed game to their resumes we can't do much to stop them.

View PostMrPenguin, on 08 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Okay, I made this is as simple as possible so you guys could understand.

In case you are unable to comprehend the English language, when I say they don't take complaints seriously I understand they are joking about it. They are making light of the fact that people are complaining and that just puts fuel on the fire. It's unprofessional, but it's aligned with everything else they've been doing here.

#42 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostZero Neutral, on 08 December 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

If they said that every one disliked the ECM feature, then they would be lying too...

They probably saw one persons opinion, saying that they liked ECM, and thats what they went with. 1 person likes it... therefore there is no complaints!

#43 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostWindies, on 08 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

From what I've read, I haven't played since the patch since I bought a bunch of new games and am working on them, ECM is powerful but not really game breaking because it can be countered. I think the problem lay within the means to counter it requiring a lot of teamwork and coordination that generally pugs are terrible at. Me being mainly a solo/pug player, I can understand the frustration of it.

As for PGI saying they implemented something with no complaints... Welcome to the PR world. Stop thinking of PGI as your friend and start thinking of them as an actual business. They aren't going to say "Hey guy's we implemented something the community hated, we're so proud of that!" They're gonna make everything seem great. Does that make it ok? No. Just adds the proper perspective to view it from that many people lack.

In the grand scheme of thing, every studio wants to cash out and get bought for millions by a mainline publisher. They have analysts playing the games and reading the forums to get an idea "IF" a game will be a hit. Suffice to say, I'm sure any analyst now would be scratching his head after reading this much vitriol. Most likely, Pirahna doesn't have a test server with 100+ people and are throwing out features on a community of paying customers in hopes that the "BETA" tag will let their off the wall implementation ideas get a pass.

After looking at how ECM was implemented, its pretty blatant that PGI needs a significantly larger test group AND to implement a new feature with its counter at the same time. BAP should do something against ECM, but right now it does very little. ECM extends to everyone in the area as a buff without a limit of mechs influenced. ECM was implemented in the strongest possible build to see how the community would react and to use us as their test subjects, much like a kid with a magnifying glass on an ant hill. Enjoy the test server.

#44 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Wow....head in the sand apparently! Someone should be ashamed of themselves.

Honestly the best thing that could happen right now is to get bought out by a AAA studio.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 08 December 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#45 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostLupus Aurelius, on 08 December 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Not exactly about the issue, but something does not ring true here: http://mwomercs.com/...-review-dec-7th

"We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints"

This was posted on the 7th! PGI, do you not read the forums? How can you say in all honesty, 3 days after the patch, that "We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints" ?!?!?!?!?

Regardless what side of the issue you are on, no one can say that the above is an honest comment by PGI, and we should all be concerned. Either they did not even bother to review the threads, especially the "ECM Feedback" thread, or they out and out purposely misrepresent the community reaction to ECM .

Posters in these forums are often less than objective, honest, or transparent in their motives, which is an unfortunate cultural aspect of the interweb. But, when the game devs themselves misrepresent issues, all of as, as a community, should be outraged.

The PR post is basically lying its *** off. Sorry, PGI, but I can't see how it can be possibly construed to be true. Between the official ECM feedback thread and all those that popped up here in general, the only conclusion that we can possibly come up with in order for that statement to be true is that the forum, official thread included, is deliberately ignored as if it didn't exist.

We know that isn't true, therefore ...

... We have to wonder just what PR moron thinks he's doing posting blatant lies. There's downplaying something and then there's lying. We could accept the former but how're we supposed to react to the latter?

#46 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostSecundus, on 08 December 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

They've made countless amateur decisions, they are a game company that has yet to prove itself in the PC market after about 10 years in business. It's looking more and more obvious that this game is more than they are capable of handling. When your beta testers are begging you not to release the game to the public for fear of backlash and bankruptcy, and then they go ahead and do it claiming they're doing it as a favour to the beta testers because we were "burnt out" that's just propaganda.

The game isn't "released". It's in open beta. Many things are still subject to change.

They aren't listening to us, they're listening to something else.

Be careful about who you think "us" is. I like most of the changes they've made to the game. I like the progress and I like where things are heading. Obviously you've convinced yourself that you are part of some vast majority that believes the game is screwed up. In reality, there are tons of people simply playing the game and not complaining...the forums are skewed towards negativity that isn't there for a lot of players.

In case you are unable to comprehend the English language, when I say they don't take complaints seriously I understand they are joking about it. They are making light of the fact that people are complaining and that just puts fuel on the fire. It's unprofessional, but it's aligned with everything else they've been doing here.

It's only "unprofessional" if you believe every company should be slaves to some sort of artificial and traditional meaning of "professionalism". If you agreed with the changes I doubt you'd be here spouting this insulting rubbish. They can do what they want because they have skin in the game. They will sink or swim by their decisions and it's their right to make them however they want as long as they pay respect to the legendary IP they've taken over stewardship of.

Personally I'd rather play a game made by people who have a sense of humor. I'm sorry you're so hurt that their decision making process isn't in line with your wishes...it's clearly making you unable to laugh at the silliness and ignorance that makes up the vast majority of complaints and suggestions that plague the MWO forum scene.

#47 DevilJade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostElkarlo, on 08 December 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

@ Deviljade
No it is not, but it needs to be marked in an official Posting. It's not a Forums posting.

My Dear DevilJade as you may reconsider in your endless Wisdom which seems fast then your Typing and your flawless Judgement of every Note and reading, you may consider that some people don't share your endless Wisdom and lowers should be guided by the wise ones to a brighter Future.

I guess i missed the [Sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags somewhere..

Not sure why you capitalize random words? You seem angry. That's not good for you, ya know.

#48 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostScratx, on 08 December 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

We know that isn't true, therefore ...

Sometimes people say things that aren't true because it makes people laugh, not because they're trying to deceive people for PR reasons.

Jokes are a thing. Sarcasm is a thing. Google "jokes" and "sarcasm" if you have to, I guess.

#49 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostNonsense, on 08 December 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Sometimes people say things that aren't true because it makes people laugh, not because they're trying to deceive people for PR reasons.

Jokes are a thing. Sarcasm is a thing. Google "jokes" and "sarcasm" if you have to, I guess.

Do you usually make a huge joke then announce something else that's true in the same sentence often? I mean, I can't tell whether the news is being sarcastic or not... can you?

#50 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Sheldon, is that you?

#51 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostScratx, on 08 December 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Do you usually make a huge joke then announce something else that's true in the same sentence often? I mean, I can't tell whether the news is being sarcastic or not... can you?

Yes, I often do this because it helps me weed out people who understand certain types of humor and people who don't. This is an indicator of certain types of intelligence, and it helps me determine who I want to be friends with, how to treat certain people at work, etc.

There are a LOT of benefits to saying things that aren't true other than pure deception.

For example, your inability to see the joke tells me you're having trouble empathizing with the developers. You're unable to put yourself into their shoes and picture having created something over months/years of your life, put in hours every day in meetings, planning, designing, coding, whatever, only to have a bunch of impatient kids on the internet whip themselves into a frenzy and threaten to quit playing your creation before you even have a chance to do anything about it.

People in a situation like that JUST MIGHT MAKE A JOKE to relieve the tension. JUST SAYIN'. If you'd been empathizing with the devs at all, the joke would have been as obvious as it was to me.

#52 Secundus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostNonsense, on 08 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

The game isn't "released". It's in open beta. Many things are still subject to change.

Sorry, but PGI devs disagreed with that in closed beta claiming that launch and open beta were synonymous. This was their response to the outrage of having founders time tick away during beta. This is the one thing they actually listened to the population about, too bad they didn't listen to the "do not go open beta in this state" threads.

Be careful about who you think "us" is. I like most of the changes they've made to the game. I like the progress and I like where things are heading. Obviously you've convinced yourself that you are part of some vast majority that believes the game is screwed up. In reality, there are tons of people simply playing the game and not complaining...the forums are skewed towards negativity that isn't there for a lot of players.

What changes? In the last 6-8 months we've seen a couple of new mechs, a small handful of items, two map reskins, and some overpriced aesthetic items. I, like many others, am disappointed in the lack of content additions and seeming focused priorities on revenue streams in a beta rather than finishing the game. What have the map makers and game mode designers been doing all this time? This is being developed at Duke Nukem Forever pace (which PGI was also involved with).

It's only "unprofessional" if you believe every company should be slaves to some sort of artificial and traditional meaning of "professionalism". If you agreed with the changes I doubt you'd be here spouting this insulting rubbish. They can do what they want because they have skin in the game. They will sink or swim by their decisions and it's their right to make them however they want as long as they pay respect to the legendary IP they've taken over stewardship of.

This is currently the least interesting MW game made. I'm not personally bothered by the ECM, that's the least of my worries with this title, it's the general lack of focus, planning, prioritizing, testing, and progress by the development team. Have you seen this company's resume? That should worry you. Have you seen the publisher's resume? That should worry you. I want this game to succeed, I found this game on my own when looking for when a new Mechwarrior may be coming out. The gameplay videos looked decent so I gave them some money. Since then we've had no significant progress and poorly implemented "features" being rushed out the door. It would be nice to be able to use my $30 in this game rather than having thrown it into a development blackhole. I've seen this trend many times in the past.

Personally I'd rather play a game made by people who have a sense of humor. I'm sorry you're so hurt that their decision making process isn't in line with your wishes...it's clearly making you unable to laugh at the silliness and ignorance that makes up the vast majority of complaints and suggestions that plague the MWO forum scene.

If you would rather play a broken game made by people with a sense of humour over a working one made by professionals, then enjoy it while it lasts. If this was still in a closed beta situation that would be one thing, but this game is now live.

#53 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostNonsense, on 08 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Keep spouting that "ITS R BETA" nonsense...yeah, games not released bro..thats why anyone can download it and anyone can pay money to get things in it..

Oh wait, sounds like EVE>

EVES not released yet either though right? They are still developing features 10 years later...still beta....gotcha.

/FP

"Edit - Sorry, but PGI devs disagreed with that in closed beta claiming that launch and open beta were synonymous."

Actually, that does ring true...i remember having a conversation about that on the old CBT TS.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 08 December 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#54 Lupus Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I love all the "don't you get sarcasm" comments.. It just shows the poster's ignorance. There is no indication, like a smiley, to indicate sarcasm. Nor is there indication for sarcasm in any other item posted. There is no contextual indication of sarcasm. In addition, it's a "Week in Review" post, not a Nikko Snow, nor general discussion post.

So, for those of the "sarcasm" bent, I guess the rest of the "Week in Review" post is also sarcasm, and should not be taken seriously. Nor should any other. Shows a bit of lack of reading comprehension on the lot of you.

And if it is "sarcasm", it would show a lack of professionalism in the PR realm, as well as indicating that anything posted by them could either be considered "sarcasm" or trolling the community. Not that some of you don't deserve that, but I would expect a higher standard from PGI as far as it's interaction with the players.

Edited by Lupus Aurelius, 08 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#55 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

you people are bad at internet sarcasm huh?

#56 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

they meant "to no complaints on threads that remain unfrozen"

#57 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

*sigh* now the haters have moar ammo. great.
I can understand the humor behind it (if it is indeed sarcasm) but it was a very poor decision to say that.

#58 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Nobody can be stupid enough to think that the "we Also Added Ecm To Absolutely No Complaints" post wasn't meant in sarcasm, so I assume the OP is just going with the joke.

#59 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 08 December 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

*sigh* now the haters have moar ammo. great.
I can understand the humor behind it (if it is indeed sarcasm) but it was a very poor decision to say that.

Yeah, they shouldn't have expected the forums to be that intelligent to pick it up.

#60 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostDevilJade, on 08 December 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Not sure why you capitalize random words? You seem angry. That's not good for you, ya know.

In your endless Wisdom you should have noticed that i am from Germany.
And in German lot of Words are capitalized, so it's more out of bad habbit then out of anger.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users