#61 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

View Postverybad, on 08 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Nobody can be stupid enough to think that the "we Also Added Ecm To Absolutely No Complaints" post wasn't meant in sarcasm, so I assume the OP is just going with the joke.

This thread pretty much proves other wise.
Its still sad, but it appears to be the truth :/

#62 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostMrPenguin, on 08 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Yeah, they shouldn't have expected the forums to be that intelligent to pick it up.

Indeed.
I'm starting to wonder why i even log on to try and sift thu the stupid to find decent informative posts.

#63 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostSecundus, on 08 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

"A bunch of cynical stuff"

I'm having fun playing the game. I think the dev team is doing a good job. Sorry you disagree. It's highly unlikely that I'll convince you to change your mind since you're clearly set on convincing yourself that the devs are incompetent and that your negative opinion of the game means it's factually bad.

#64 Secundus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostNonsense, on 08 December 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

I'm having fun playing the game. I think the dev team is doing a good job. Sorry you disagree. It's highly unlikely that I'll convince you to change your mind since you're clearly set on convincing yourself that the devs are incompetent and that your negative opinion of the game means it's factually bad.

It's up to PGI to convince me to change my mind through their actions, not the apologists on the forums.

#65 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

And I think the biggest mistake may actually be believing that everybody in an international forum would pick up on subtleties like sarcasm. Yes, I didn't know myself whether it was or not. I don't particularly care, either, other than wondering whether the developers had their head in the sand or not.

I'm sure a lot of people can't pick up on that for reasons completely unrelated to their intelligence, whether type or quantity, simply because english isn't their first language and/or due to their cultural norms.

When you think about it, you may understand why something so obvious is not so for others.

Anyway, I'm done with this since it's established that it is sarcasm. ;)

#66 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 08 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Keep spouting that "ITS R BETA" nonsense...yeah, games not released bro..thats why anyone can download it and anyone can pay money to get things in it..

beta is different for F2P and full release titles. They have to pay the bills somehow. Stop acting like it's greed when you have no evidence for it other than your own opinion of the devs content release schedule and your speculation about their motives.

Oh wait, sounds like EVE>

EVES not released yet either though right? They are still developing features 10 years later...still beta....gotcha.

Really? You're gonna compare a fledgling F2P game with a 10 year old subscription MMO? That's your argument?

We can only hope MWO shapes up to be an awesome niche game like EVE...complete with things like Dust 514...

View PostSecundus, on 08 December 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

It's up to PGI to convince me to change my mind through their actions, not the apologists on the forums.

It's not their job to please every single individual. If you hate what's going on with the game, the best you can do is continue to pay attention to the changes, and since it's free, come back and play in a few months. I don't know why you're here insulting the devs. It's really unproductive and a waste of your time (unless it's cathartic for you, I guess).

#67 Secundus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostScratx, on 08 December 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

And I think the biggest mistake may actually be believing that everybody in an international forum would pick up on subtleties like sarcasm. Yes, I didn't know myself whether it was or not. I don't particularly care, either, other than wondering whether the developers had their head in the sand or not.

I'm sure a lot of people can't pick up on that for reasons completely unrelated to their intelligence, whether type or quantity, simply because english isn't their first language and/or due to their cultural norms.

When you think about it, you may understand why something so obvious is not so for others.

Anyway, I'm done with this since it's established that it is sarcasm. ;)

Anyone in the business world and especially in the PR world that has half a brain or an ounce of experience would know that the reader injects their own tone into what they're reading. If you don't choose your words carefully people may consider an email or post to mean you're serious, angry, flippant, etc., when that wasn't the intent.

#68 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Even if it is sarcasm, it's in poor taste, especially given the context and nature of the post and the atmosphere within which it is being delivered. There's better ways to relate to your playerbase, like actually communicating and fixing problems rather than joking about them like you don't care, which is honestly the impression both the patch notes and the weekly review give.

#69 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostWindies, on 08 December 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Even if it is sarcasm, it's in poor taste, especially given the context and nature of the post and the atmosphere within which it is being delivered. There's better ways to relate to your playerbase, like actually communicating and fixing problems rather than joking about them like you don't care, which is honestly the impression both the patch notes and the weekly review give.

It only POTENTIALLY gives that impression to certain people who fail to empathize with the developers. Luckily they're not trying to appeal to every single person...then we'd be in trouble because we'd be playing a game developed with similar profit motives to franchises like CoD and Battlefield.

#70 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostNonsense, on 08 December 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

beta is different for F2P and full release titles. They have to pay the bills somehow. Stop acting like it's greed when you have no evidence for it other than your own opinion of the devs content release schedule and your speculation about their motives.

Really? You're gonna compare a fledgling F2P game with a 10 year old subscription MMO? That's your argument?

We can only hope MWO shapes up to be an awesome niche game like EVE...complete with things like Dust 514...

It's not their job to please every single individual. If you hate what's going on with the game, the best you can do is continue to pay attention to the changes, and since it's free, come back and play in a few months. I don't know why you're here insulting the devs. It's really unproductive and a waste of your time (unless it's cathartic for you, I guess).

Man..the amount of white knighting you do is truly...brown...lol...... Capn Saveaho much?

Contrary to popular belief, I do actually like some of the things PGI has done to fix the game....But really things should change on a weekly basis, not monthly.... Small but rapid iterations is the smart way to design, not this min/max implementation crap thats based on 90s dev models.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 08 December 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#71 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostNonsense, on 08 December 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

It only POTENTIALLY gives that impression to certain people who fail to empathize with the developers. Luckily they're not trying to appeal to every single person...then we'd be in trouble because we'd be playing a game developed with similar profit motives to franchises like CoD and Battlefield.

I can empathize with them that developing a game is hard work. I also live in a place called reality where if something doesn't meet my approval or is not worth it, it doesn't get my money. You might think I'm criticizing PGI to hurt their feelings or something, Really though I'm criticizing because they are making mistakes and I want to bring it to their attention so that they can fix those mistakes in the future. It's still up to them to do the work though.

And how does the lack of PR professionalism affect or determine the type of game that they are developing?

#72 OpCentar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

It was such a success, they are offering it for free now.

#73 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 08 December 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Indeed.
I'm starting to wonder why i even log on to try and sift thu the stupid to find decent informative posts.

From what I've learned over the years, theirs just something addictive about this. That, or we're masochists.

Edited by MrPenguin, 08 December 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#74 Umbra8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

"We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints"

It's the use of the word 'absolutely' that gives this statement away as knowing sarcasm. They are aware of the shitstorm, they're probably packing umbrellas and extra toilet paper.

Edited by Umbra8, 08 December 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#75 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

absolutely no complaints from my side so far, so that sentence was true ;)

#76 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Oh my lord.... I... wow...

Posted Image

It was a joke people. Perhaps poorly crafted given how you can't possibly please some of the people here but still a joke nonetheless. Please stop failing humanity.

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users