Positive Shout Out To Fellow Mechwarrior

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

I just wanted to give a shout out to Nevermore223.

I saw this guy do some thing awesome while spectating from his point of view. It was down to the wire on River City when a hunchback and Yen Lo Wang were defending their base. They finish off a commando leaving my team with one guy left. It's Nevermore in a cat A1 LRM boat.

Nevermore223 charges in from across the river in his LRM boat cat A1. I thought he was nuts. He fires off some missiles and quickly gets into min range with in the cap zone with the hunchback. Of coarse I thought the guy was dead meat.

He gets into a shoving match with the HBK-G4. The hunch is pretty torn up from heavy fighting in the match, yet still has all his weapons. That AC20 is banging away at him. Nevermore223 stops back peddling and slams his mech forward at full throttle. At about 50m or so he hits his jump jets and smashes into the hunchback with his legs. The cockpit windshield just erupts in smoke and sparks from the hunchback. He freaking killed the thing with a DFA!

Posted Image

I start laughing my *** off. My friend and I start cheering him on over the all chat channel. Nevermore223 then turns around to face the Yen Lo Wang that has been shooting him with med lasers the whole time. He charges the Wang. Unbelievably the Wang turns around and runs. The guy still had all his weapons and he turns and runs.

Posted Image

Nevermore223 then chases the Wang around the giant capo-chino machine/oil rig in the cap zone. He does this for about three laps before the Wang pilot finally turns around to fight. Mean while those of us in the spectating peanut gallery are hollering for another DFA.

Posted Image
As you expect the Wang pilot finished him off. But man that was a great fight.

I thought the forums need more positive threads. We have enough BS on them.

Posted Image

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 09 December 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#2 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

That is cool...those moments are always nice to see...and especially to have :)
Nice of you to give the guy some recognition too.

I backed over a jenner in my Phract the other day....he died. That was fun :(

I also got a bug while stuck on a building that accelerated my Atlas to 400+ Kph, then an enemy cent bumped me, and I broke loose, shot 20m or more into the air, did a flip and landed several meters away (Not on my feet unfortunately). I think someone snagged the kill but I got some oohs and awws from the acrobatics :(

Edited by Onyx Rain, 09 December 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#3 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Cool story bro.

+1

#4 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostOnyx Rain, on 09 December 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

I also got a bug while stuck on a building that accelerated my Atlas to 400+ Kph, then an enemy cent bumped me, and I broke loose, shot 20m or more into the air, did a flip and landed several meters away (Not on my feet unfortunately). I think someone snagged the kill but I got some oohs and awws from the acrobatics :)

Hah! that's awesome. Talk about moments you wish you had video capture running.

I got myself surrounded when charging out of the cave on forest colony once. Had by back ripped out so fast my atlas exploded that fell strait forward. in those few seconds of 3rd person view I saw my atlas do a head stand. I laughing so hard I totally forgot to hit the screen shot button.

It makes the game better when see other people do amazing stuff.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users