37 replies to this topic

#21 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 615 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 10 December 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Yep it's no fun at all when you turn a corner take aim to an unaware enemy, trigger them and get a nice "weapon jammed" popup on all the three guns at the same time. It's a little bit ridiculous, at least I should be able to fire 1 volley and then see all of them jamming.

Besides this, I however think they are quite balanced now, you can't be a total overkill because they jam right when you need them.

Yep, read the above, it would be fine if you could manually single shot them safely waiting their recycle time and leaving like how they behave now once you don't lift the trigger up. That's why I bring 3 Mlasers on my Muromets!

That's why you carry that SRM2 or SL... *g*

#22 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 615 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostSynchros, on 25 December 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

It's probably not the perfekt thread but I'd like to throw a question in.

How ist the UAC5 unjammed?

Mack's Mech Fairies.

View PostStingz, on 28 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Fix the "First shot jammed" issue and I'm happy. It isn't right when UAC/ jams with no shots fired.

What's war without a little comedy?

*Bang*
*Clank*
*Fizzle*
"Hammer tech?'
"Uh huh."

#23 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

25% jam rate with a 5sec jam gives the gun an average dps of ~4, doubt it'll change

jam on first shot bug seems to be at least in part a latency issue, since if i'm diligent about just lightly tapping my mouse button i can go several drops without a jam

that being the case if you just hose away with the uac5's you'll at minimize the bug, since you'll always be trying to doubleshot and you'll get the approximate 4dps per gun, rather than tryingot single fire it, getting the bug occasionally, and getting far worse than the single fired 4.5dps per gun

#24 Stringburka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

I'd be okay with 10% jam risk if the cooldown was set to 1.7 seconds like the AC-5.

Otherwise, why ever use any other ballistic?

#25 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

I see the same questions over-and-over again, so let me try to clean up one side of the discussion in regards to a much lower (<20%) jam rate.

PGI did try a 10% jam rate (closed beta) and the original 2.7-3% (internally) and found that both resulted in an un-balanced weapon that was too powerful. The fact that so many UAC5's still exist at the 25% rate tells you that PGI isn't too far off as the weapon is still used.

Take a look at MG's and Flamers before the Feb 19th patch and you can tell if it wasn't effective, no one carries one except on trial mechs.

There is frustration that mechs don't have a consistent fire rate with the high jam rate, but it is keeping things in check. Ilya with 3x UAC5's is still deadly when properly managed even with the current bugs.

A minor reduction in jam rate from 25% to 24% or 22% may be worth testing, but my experience with it shows that it does work nicely and keep it from turning into an uber-weapon like ECM w/ SSRM's.

-S

#26 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

How's about this:

-Holding the trigger only fires the weapon at its slower, jam-free rate. Double-tap the trigger to double-shoot. This way, no double-shots or jams occur unless you really want them.

-To balance this increase in ease-of-use, decrease its stock rate of fire or increase jam rate for double-shots. Or a mix of both, whatever.

#27 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

One of the serious issues with the game right now is for its tendency to single taps as the button being held down. I doubt this is due to latency, since I generally have a <20 ping. Rather it seems to me the netcode needs tightening.

#28 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

UAC are hard hitting right now, there is no need to buff them any further.
They are ment for those DO YOU FEEL LUCKY? PUNK! moments.

#29 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Its scary good when 3x of them on a Illya. I back them up with 3MLAS. Sometimes the bear bites you and you jam a lot, sometimes it doesnt, and the Atlas infront you melts, along with his buddy.

If the jam change was lessoned, why would anyone even bother with the AC5? I can barely justify the AC5 as is, any buff the UAC gets (maybe the best ballistic already) would render all the but AC20 obsolete.

I think it works now. Some players will love it, some think the jam rate makes it not worth it. That is the balance I like, a playable weapon that works for some and doesnt for others.

#30 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostAlexander 1978, on 18 December 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

If I may, I'd like to throw some rather noobish questions in here.

How is the UAC/5 going to fire if you keep the button pressed? Or better how was it before the in posts mentioned "jam bug" showed up?

In a Atlas-D for example with lets say 2x UAC/5.
When I put them in one weapon group and on chainfire. Will they fire one after the other without jamming when I keep the fire button pressed or will they try to double fire every cycle and most likely jam after a few shots? Posted Image

That would be nice to know and maybe even a workaround for the double-fire-bug. Just keep the button pressed a little bit longer then usual maybe then It does not count as a double tap.

Thx.

Alexander 1978

The chainfire only works with 3 UAC5. Meaning, with 3 UAC on chainfire it cycles through each weapon with a single fire, by the time you get through the third weapon 1.1+ seconds have passed. So you can have a constant stream of UAC 5 slugs in the air with zero chance of jam.

With less than 3 it takes less than 1.1 second to go through the weapon group.
Adding a ML does nothing but slow the chain down if you have less than two. Might be able to try other weapons with shorter duration.

With an ilya with 3 UAC5 in one group on chainfire and 3 ML in another group on chainfire (heat management 4tw) you can stand toe to toe with an atlas, if your aim is good. You will be hurt after if he is good, but odds are he goes down first.

#31 Coro Ner

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

UAC5 should get a little "heat bar"....the hotter they get, the more they may jam. Easy too see, easy to use.

#32 TheArcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Ok, so the correct long term use is to try to fire a UAC 5 once every 1.1s. I was doing that today but was told I wasn't using it right. Emergencies are when you just hold down the fire button, hoping you don't jam.

Although, I think if I was in a position with cover available, I might go full auto and duck behind cover when jammed.

#33 TheArcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

I ran a few timing experiments. They are in

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2341625

#34 bowlie

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

DO the AC5 and UAC5 have the same jam rate?

#35 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

AC/5s dont jam

#36 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

UAC/5's are fine, if anything they could use to jam a little more often.

My Ilya Muro 3x UAC/5 still cleans house (Alternating between chain and group fire to keep a staggered fire rate, if a gun or two jam i just simply slow my fire rate.

My 733C with 2x UAC/5 is a beast, target enime, hold group fire on the ultras, watch enime get lots of AC5 holes.

My K-2 with its 2x UAC/5 is also great fun, if you chain they will not jam so long as you regulate yourself, if you do not manage your UAC/'s they will leave you weaponless and possibly mechless when you need them most.

Just spend some time playing with them, you will figure it out.

#37 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I don't think UAC5s need any change whatsoever. They are good but not too good. They have good DPS but not reliability.

I use 2 on my K2 + 4ML and just hold the fire button. If they jam, so be it. Fire MLs, torso twist away, wait for unjam then fire more dakka. Chain fire doesn't give the burst of damage and that one time you get off 10 shots before jam you feel like a boss.

#38 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I don't think UAC5s need any change whatsoever. They are good but not too good. They have good DPS but not reliability.

I use 2 on my K2 + 4ML and just hold the fire button. If they jam, so be it. Fire MLs, torso twist away, wait for unjam then fire more dakka. Chain fire doesn't give the burst of damage and that one time you get off 10 shots before jam you feel like a boss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users