[Video] Ilya Muromets Meets Razer Naga

99 replies to this topic

#21 Darkmoose

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTL MO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

This should not be allowed, and should be banned. Sort of takes the skill out of the game when all you have to do is mash the button down, and let a program do the work.

#22 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

@CPUuser123 damn you showed PGI that its time to nerf UAC5 :/

#23 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 10 December 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Sum firepowah right there!

But isn't it an techincally a cheat/exploit ?

no, no its not. Its the same kind of idea that people with very powerful machines and net connections having an advantage.....the mouse is a piece of tech that people could buy if they wanted to.

Really, its a flaw in the implementation of the UAC/5, one which MY SYSTEM would get rid of entirely.

View PostDarkmoose, on 10 December 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

This should not be allowed, and should be banned. Sort of takes the skill out of the game when all you have to do is mash the button down, and let a program do the work.

LOL>...and how would you propose banning it sir? Scanning peoples systems?

The implementation needs to change to a "Barrel Heat" Level system and then you wouldnt need a macro...indeed, having a macro wouldnt net you anything since you can monitor the jam percentage yourself.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 10 December 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#24 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Okay, i just watched the video... The Razer mouse is one way to do it, but not the only way.

There is a macro program that was used to clear jams back when you had to clear it from each weapons group.

If you still have this program you can write a macro so that your UAC/5 NEVER jams...ever. You simply keep messing with the keypress delays in small increments until you find the value where your UAC/5 recycles outside the "jam time" mechanic.

Simple stuff with some experimentation.

#25 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Do you have a faster connection than me?

You should be banned for cheating.

Do you have a bigger monitor than me?

Banned / cheating.

Use Teamspeak?

Banned / cheating.

Oh, your mouse has FOUR buttons?

Banned / cheating.

Wait, you watched the tutorial video that actually tells you how to do things?

Banned / cheating.

See where I'm going here?

#26 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

You can create macros for your regular keyboard just fine too.

While I don't use them myself, despite also having a Razer Naga (Epic, because wireless for utility purposes <3), I'm not really against them.

Also it's one of the BIGGEST mice I've used, though small in the 'ultra-advanced gaming hardware' section. Yea, the little buttons aren't the biggest benefit strictly speaking because it's easy for a thumb to get lost on that pad, and I might've went with the Razer Hex (6 large buttons in a hexagonal layout with solid post center) if it offered the same versatility.

Also the Naga Epic was...ultra-cheap when I got it. Cheaper than any other top-tier hardware I'd ever seen. Should'a got several and resold them, but alas, bankruptcy :D

ALSO can ANYONE tell me what this jam rate is? This is valuable community information and should be shared so everyone can be put on a level playing field.

#27 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

The Jam Rate is 25%. Don't think that was ever hidden.

#28 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 10 December 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

The Jam Rate is 25%. Don't think that was ever hidden.

If this guy fired so many shots, enough to be a medium-to-longterm (scientifically, significantly approaching infinity) number, and has a jam chance of 2%, there's something else behind the scenes. Did you pick apart the RAWs? I know I didn't, and I don't claim to know... so if someone did, I'd love to see their findings.

#29 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostKobura, on 10 December 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

If this guy fired so many shots, enough to be a medium-to-longterm (scientifically, significantly approaching infinity) number, and has a jam chance of 2%, there's something else behind the scenes. Did you pick apart the RAWs? I know I didn't, and I don't claim to know... so if someone did, I'd love to see their findings.

25%, not 2%.

Twenty-Five Percent. Not Two Percent.

#30 CPUuser123

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostKobura, on 10 December 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Anyone with macroable software or hardware can do this. Pay attention to the ammo depletion and how many jams where incurred, it is visually obvious that the jam is significantly low. I was able to eliminate jams at the cost of dps. I found that a 2% rate was an optimum threshold to max dps with three uac 5s. This would vary if using two or four uac 5s.

I macro everything to max dps and manage heat automatically. I also macro piloting maneuvers to, like my jump jet button will also center my legs to my torso.

#31 Namicus

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I also use 3 UAC5s but chain fire them and have not once had a jam. It's a blast.

#32 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

judging by your ammo totals and heat levels, you could likely spare 3 tons of ammo for 3 medium lasers and be able to dump more damage and reduce risk of ammo explosion

#33 CPUuser123

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostMonky, on 10 December 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

judging by your ammo totals and heat levels, you could likely spare 3 tons of ammo for 3 medium lasers and be able to dump more damage and reduce risk of ammo explosion

Yea... but it is SO fun to fire them cannons. Press and hold!

PGI can nerf the UAC/5, that wont change me macroing 3 A/C5's or any weapon for that matter (though that macro would be far less drastic that macroing 3 UAC 5s).

#34 herosson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

This game ain't ever gonna make it, lol.

#35 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 10 December 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Macros are ways to set up complex things to be done simply.

They are the natural progression of technology.

And there is no way to stop them from being used...

*shrug*

Aimbots are a way to make a complex task very simple.

They are the natural progression of technology.

And there is no way to stop them from being used...

*shrug*

Edited by LordBraxton, 10 December 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#36 Grits N Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I use to do something similar to chain fire LRM's, though without a macro. The longer recycle time on the LRM made it less of a necessity. Anyone can create macros, it's just razer's suite is a very friendly gui. There is a lot of software out there to do it. Auto Hot Key being the most widely used and least user friendly.

FYI aimbots tend to be a macro which hunts for the pixel color of target, usually the head or the face.

#37 Malthorn

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 10 December 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

LOL>...and how would you propose banning it sir? Scanning peoples systems?

Scanning my system wouldn't detect anything. I can store macro's in the memory on my mouse and use the generic windows mouse driver.

#38 Darkmoose

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTL MO

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 10 December 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Do you have a faster connection than me?

You should be banned for cheating.

Do you have a bigger monitor than me?

Banned / cheating.

Use Teamspeak?

Banned / cheating.

Oh, your mouse has FOUR buttons?

Banned / cheating.

Wait, you watched the tutorial video that actually tells you how to do things?

Banned / cheating.

See where I'm going here?

Then what is the difference between this an an aimbot?. It is no different than using a game Genie back on Nintendo. So how is it any different if I write code to make my weapons fire in a way not to jam or overheat, than to write a program that keeps my reticule on one spot of an enemy mech. They are both third party exploits.

#39 CPUuser123

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Cheats exploit game code or memory usage to obtain data values so that wall hacks, aimbots and the like can be programmed to search for, and attach too these data cells.

all a macro does it set up a predefined pattern of key presses that is outside of the application it is used for. therefore, the macro has no idea nor cares what application it is being used for. it is outside the game and third party. a cheat program, hooks onto the game and can not be ran without the game running also. for instance, if you use my macro in a text editor, when you press the right click it will start typing: 234234234234234234234.

also:
http://mwomercs.com/...-razer-artemis/
razer and pgi are supporting this product (edit: by support at mean at minimum they have it posted on their official forums). most high-end razer products have macro capabilities.

enough with the, this is cheating responses. become a wallet warrior like me. buy MC, lots of MC. buy a razer naga mouse, razer black widow keyboard (there are other products from other manufacturers similar to these), build a $2,000+ rig, and get to mech killin'!

Edited by CPUuser123, 12 December 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#40 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostUrza Mechwalker, on 10 December 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

That type of bull!@##!@ is the reason why PGI made the UAC5 all wrong! They need a LOWER way lower jam chance but with LARGE period of like 10 seconds.

That means it will nto be worth usign such a macro since the true full firepower will be worthy.. but RISSKY. and when weapon jams you need to find cover

That's exactly why it needs to jam fairly often. 20 DPS from one 9 ton weapon is obscene, let alone 3? There should be a decent chance of any one of them jamming after sustained firing, forces people to do more than stand on the trigger for lolwallofbullets.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users