[Idea] Possible Solution To The Sync Dropping Exploit

51 replies to this topic

#41 Clay Pigeon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Easiest and most elegant solution? Split the queues.

1 queue for solos ONLY.
1 queue for groups from 2 to 6 (2+6, 3+5, 4+4 make a team)
1 queue for 8 mans ONLY

The queue timer may need to be extended a little bit, but it is definitely doable.

#42 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

I highly doubt much of this is going on.

#43 Purlana

• 1,647 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Postshabowie, on 11 December 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

I highly doubt much of this is going on.

Agreed, often my 4 man gets dropped with another 4 man randomly.

Edited by Purlana, 11 December 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#44 Taryys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

We have had this happen too, but not too often.

#45 Taryys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Honestly, something this will not some much a problem once they get stat based and BV based match making added, integrated voice for all, and lobbies. They can then post equal sized groups against equal sized groups and add in lone wolf players to fill in gaps, since everyone will have access to communication, be approximately the same skill level, and the addition of lobbies will allow people to play with others that they like, making smaller groups bigger. There will be a natural gravitation towards more groups of smaller sizes.

Perhaps, having a checkbox for the Lone Wolf options that says * wish to drop with groups, might be an option that way people who really want to play with a preformed/organized group may be given priority over those who do not.

My thread-which-shall-not-be-named (in my sig) has other ways to fix many of the existing game issues..

Edited by Taryys, 11 December 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#46 nom de guerre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostShadowDarter, on 10 December 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

stuff

Sorry to burst your bubble but per PGI sync dropping is not an exploit.

Its *** as **** but its not an exploit.

Edited by nom de guerre, 11 December 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#47 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostSaberCut Moffat, on 11 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Oh look, Vaginaa Rain and Lefty Poosey whinging about teams again. Whatever happened to your rhetoric about how pubs are every bit as competitive as teams, and your 100% success rate as a DC? If you are so good, why does anything that teams do worry you? You guys are hilarious!

Posted Image

You are this mad.

#48 Jeff K Notagoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

View Postshintakie, on 10 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

How is it not an exploit to purposely take an 8 man team and put it into the 4 man queue when there is a 8 player queue specifically designed for them?

Not when the queue by design pairs up 4 person teams together. Usually exploits are doing something that isn't intended.

Edited by Jeff K Notagoon, 11 December 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#49 nom de guerre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostJeff K Notagoon, on 11 December 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

Not when the queue by design pairs up 4 person teams together.

Not to mention when one one of the PGI guys actually replied to one of the sync drop threads and said they were cool with it.

Between the MM code and the devs being cool with it there's no room to call it an exploit.

I don't do it personally its a waste of time, I can farm pugglings easy enough in a trial mech 4vpugs (i usually run real mechs though because it's faster)

#50 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

For the most part we have 2 to 6 man on comms. Weekends we have 8 or more.

MOST of the time we split into equal groups, 1 x 4 man, 2 x 3 man, a 3 man + a 2 man, a 4 man + a 3 man. YES we sync drop if we can. IF we have 8 men, we do 8 man queue.

THE POINT IS we WANT to play as friends together, whether we play together same team or against one another on the same map. We are successful on syncing up about 60% of the time.

We are NOT out to roll or stomp solo / newbs or anything like that. We are just trying to ENJOY the game with FRIENDS. Is that so hard to understand? We are busy working our trees or saving C-Bills to buy that next mech and, uh, I dont know, playing the damn game to worry about kicking every fricking body's butts. If we win, we win, if we lose, we lose, who cares?

We DO NOT have the choice of what server to go in. We DO NOT have the choice of WHO we play. We JUST want to play TOGETHER.

Until such a time as the match maker is adjusted to how PGI wants it, until such a time when Community Warfare exists, until such a time when we are taking Contracts or fighting for our 'House', this is what we have and this is what we will do.

As I said, IF we have 8 men, we do the 8 men queue. otherwise, the ONLY other option is the 4 man / solo queue.

Some seem to forget that this is a TEAM based game where you are supposed to work together. I play SOLO a lot. When we play as a 4 man or less, we MANY times try to help those who are solo with tips, suggestions and whatever. Some listen. Some have added us as friends. Some tell us to go, uh, well 'do' ourselves, but at least we offer.

#51 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostDelvish, on 10 December 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

A ) It's not an "exploit" and it's very rare that a PUG team runs ever into one.
B ) PGI is pretty much incapable of making a matchmaking system so ... good luck with that.

This ^ without even reading further....

#52 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

"Sync Drops" are just the most recent thing that folks fear, and blame their horrific losses upon.

99% of the time when you lose, you are not going up against a "sync drop" team. Folks who do that constitute a trivial percentage of the folks playing.

Sure, they're jerks... but they are a very, very, very small number of jerks. They impact the overall game by such a tiny amount, that they do not merit any effort to combat them.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users