Failed To Find Match 8V8 All Day

85 replies to this topic

#41 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

That's the other thing as well - the mumble (or TS/Vent/etc) server is really the community for us these days over and above the forums/irc etc. Games that do well for us (so I assume lots of other similar groups) are ones that we can all just dive in and out with little concern for time-keeping or arrangements. It's just not practical for people with different hometimes, social lives, kids, dinners etc to say "right, lets be eight people at exactly 1930 and play three rounds of MWO". You have to offer the flexibility to allow the first two people home to enjoy, then grow to a group of 4-5-6-7-8 before tailing off again. That worked well prior to the Phase 1 QQ patch in Oct and cannot be a unique situation to us (in fact I know it isn't due to being the organiser of the odd pickup/clanmatch against similar groups in HON, NS2, etc etc).

Beyond this - we did try 8's in all earnest when they put them back in - but more often than not someone either got dropped, or ended up in a different match so everyone just ran out of patience.

ALSO ALSO - the 8's we did manage to get sorted out were full of 200ms jenners. So that was migraine inducing. I miss busy MWLL servers.

#42 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostDaemian, on 12 December 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

So no one plays this game during business hours?

Mmmm I didn't say "no one"? I'm sure there are people playing... but that number would be less than the number playing at say... 4 PM EST when all the adults are getting out of work and kids out of school.

#43 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostSedit, on 12 December 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

the use of aimbot programs make 8 mans terrible. a few games of constant head shot kills by the same players tends to drive the honest players away. I'll take 4 mans and if lucky double four drops over getting shot in the head within 30 seconds of game start.

Have not seen this even once in over 300 matches (30 or so 8v8 matches so far.)

Generally, when we / I get beat, it is just due to either sheer damage output from a load of heavy and assaults focusing fire (and not overly often hitting head,) or we get base capped by a rush team (which we are starting to do better against.)

There might be aimbots out there, but I highly, highly doubt they are as prevalent as some believe.

#44 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I guess we all got what we deserved.

#45 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 12 December 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Have not seen this even once in over 300 matches (30 or so 8v8 matches so far.)

Generally, when we / I get beat, it is just due to either sheer damage output from a load of heavy and assaults focusing fire (and not overly often hitting head,) or we get base capped by a rush team (which we are starting to do better against.)

There might be aimbots out there, but I highly, highly doubt they are as prevalent as some believe.

I'll mirror Kraven on this, the times we have been beaten soundly and quickly was due to poor positioning and readiness on our part and well coordinated focus fire resulting in very quick deaths on the other teams part.

While there may be a few aimbots floating around out there, I have yet to see them, and the few videos I have seen floating around YouTube and the like are just a joke and will still lose to skilled players with teamwork.

#46 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

I'm sure all that premium time is put to good use at work.

#47 Fastidious

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I've played maybe 20ish 8 mans since the patch came out but I don't find them better on any level than solo or 4 man. They were the first time I've played them. They take MUCH longer, maybe 2-3x as long for the same amount of games. That means less playing and also way less CBills/XP even if you win 100%. There's always some guy who decides to build a mech or some issue then you have 7 people waiting 10 minutes. The metagame in 8 man is wrecked and monotonous. I feel like I'm letting down my team if I bring a HBK-4SP which is generally a kickass mech in solo or 4 man. Basically everything which makes MWO fun is is significantly reduced in 8 man games; it does nothing better (except practicing for 8 man).

#48 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

It would seem that no one is playing the game.

No wonder they took out the player counter in the bottom right hand corner.

I would suggest the devs return that sports car they just bought on credit and downgrade their kids from private school to a public school education.

Edited by PANZERBUNNY, 12 December 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#49 nom de guerre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

haven't had a problem finding matches at all.

#50 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Finals going on as well.

#51 TheSturgeon

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostAngelicon, on 12 December 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Or leave it in the DDC and just get rid of ECM stacking, so one scout ECM can run through and counter the stack of DDCs.

Why not this? This would seem to, at least in part, solve the "ECM all the things" problem.

#52 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

It's not just the 8v8 attempts to join a game that fail to find a match lately. I've noticed the same thing pugging the last couple of days. I'd say around 12 failures to find a match in the last two days while pugging. Either their match making system is having problems, their servers are having issues, or there just plain aren't very many people playing overall the last couple of days.

#53 Child3k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Probably thats why they're giving out free premium time ...

#54 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

Currently 8v8 is only useful if you have 2 groups together so you can agree to mech and ecm layout and hten try a sync drop.

what hurts 8v8 the most is not the missing auto matchmaking... its the fact that you cannot organize and sozialize. if one could at least challenge an other group for a match and then be matched against this group... there would be tournaments going on every evening with different drop layouts and so on....

currently the community is amputated its legs regarding 8v8

#55 Korm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

ITT: "golden premades" (I wonder how many people remember this joke) admitting they prefer to pubstomp because it's more "fun" to them.

#56 Jelan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

8 mans = Training and Experience getting ready for Community Warfare
4 mans = CBills and XP's to unlock the variants and modules you want to use in the aforementioned 8 mans

But there does overall seem to be less 8 man groups about currently.

#57 Purlana

• 1,647 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Small player base?

#58 OnLashoc

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

My team drops 8 every time we have 8 or more online. Last night I grinded out nearly 7 mil in CBills and at least 5 mil of it was dropping 8 vs 8. The rest of the time (when someone had to leave) was dropping in 3-4 man premade.

I really think people need to get a life, grow out of the tin foil hats, the boogy men are not here to get you.

Sure some teams may like PUG stomping, very obvious when we face other 8 mans and kill them out 8-0, 8-1, 8-2 in a matter of 3 to 4 minutes. So much PUG stomping makes them weak so they stick out. Just keep in mind not all teams are 4+4 sync'ing for the sake of creds and easy wins. No real leader would condone such activity as the goal should always to be to get better, playing PUGs intentionally is counter productive.

Then again, until PGI decides to fix the matchmaking seriously like a PUG pool (check mark PUG vs PUG only) and a I-don't-care-pool-I'll-play-anyone-PUG-or-Premade-because-I'm-dope-like-that-and-don't-$%@&-about-it pool there will be teams taking advantage of this setup.

#59 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

8 man is too hard, no easy cbill making abilities and their KDR and W/L is being hurt.
Better to synch drop and smash some pugs because even though they screamed for a challenge that pug stomping is too easy, well, that was just them actually bragging, once they start losing they want to go back to winning.

#60 Purlana

• 1,647 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostGregore, on 13 December 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

8 man is too hard, no easy cbill making abilities and their KDR and W/L is being hurt.
Better to synch drop and smash some pugs because even though they screamed for a challenge that pug stomping is too easy, well, that was just them actually bragging, once they start losing they want to go back to winning.

Well let me put it this way. ...

If your just grinding C-Bills would you rather win 50% of your games, or 90%?

The problem is MWO is just about grinding.

Edited by Purlana, 13 December 2012 - 05:57 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users