Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostGaffhook, on 16 May 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

No way those would be the choices... Everyone would pick the Atlas since it is the most expensive and would take ages to get otherwise.

They said one from each weight class. Better practice your hit n' run tactics. I don't think starting in an Assault will be healthy for the game (and removes a big milestone people will be fighting to achieve, taking away that rewarding milestone) but I'm going off of what they said, one in each class.

One well-suited to each broad role would be more suitable than one from each weight class.

Hmm, the Awesome is half the cost of an Atlas...

Edited by Redshift2k5, 16 May 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#22 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Maybe I can get mine answered in here, as it pertains to us all

Posted ImageS. Col CoffiNail ‏@TaylimTseng
#mwochat With us hitting the 100k forum user amount, and knowing signups are a lot more, is this passing expectations so far?

Edited by CoffiNail, 16 May 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#23 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

What are notable named hero mechs?

are these special rare variants with unique hard points?

Edited by Fresh_Meat, 16 May 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#24 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

No way those would be the choices... Everyone would pick the Atlas since it is the most expensive and would take ages to get otherwise.
I doubt that. There are just as many people that would gladly take any of the other mech if they get to pick a free one from the start. I mean... there are so many here that are talking about playing lighter mech (myself included) and I sure they all would gladly jump on that light or medium mech if it free from start... especially the speed freaks that would not be caught dead in anything that moves slow.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 16 May 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#25 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

He does have a point. You could get the Atlas, sell it, then buy the mech you want with some change leftover

#26 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

I like how there using the MW3 zoom feature, that always was the best zoom to me

Edited by Mason West, 16 May 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#27 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 May 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

They said one from each weight class. Better practice your hit n' run tactics. I don't think starting in an Assault will be healthy for the game (and removes a big milestone people will be fighting to achieve, taking away that rewarding milestone) but I'm going off of what they said, one in each class.

One well-suited to each broad role would be more suitable than one from each weight class.

Hmm, the Awesome is half the cost of an Atlas...
sorry bro... re-read what they said. You get to pick 1 of 4 mech (1 in each class) meaning... there will be 1 light, 1 medium, i heavy and 1 assault that you can then pick 1 of. So if you do what an assault you have a single assault you can pick. If you want a light, same applies. But you do not get 1 of each class.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 16 May 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#28 urdead2me

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostJazzySteel, on 16 May 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Russ just said there will be info on the beta Released next week!!!!!

EDIT:

Russ Bullock@russ_bullock

RB - as to all the questions about Beta! Ready? Stay tuned for that info soon ( as in next week ) ;) #mwochat

happy happy joy joy

#29 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

I never meant one each from each class, but that the starting freebie list will have one from each weight class.

#30 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

View PostJazzySteel, on 16 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

He does have a point. You could get the Atlas, sell it, then buy the mech you want with some change leftover
I can see them doing this... you pick your Free mech but can only then get rid of it only after you have bought a second mech. Or like a lot of other MMO game... your first one is free but it has no trade in value ;)

#31 urdead2me

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 16 May 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

sorry bro... re-read what they said. You get to pick 1 of 4 mech (1 in each class) meaning... there will be 1 light, 1 medium, i heavy and 1 assault that you can then pick 1 of. So if you do what an assault you have a single assault you can pick. If you want a light, same applies. But you do not get 1 of each class.

ah was just going to ask this thanks for info

#32 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 May 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

I never meant one each from each class, but that the starting freebie list will have one from each weight class.
Then I apologize and stand corrected I WAS THE ONE WHO MISREAD or misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry ;).

#33 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 16 May 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Then I apologize and stand corrected I WAS THE ONE WHO MISREAD or misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry ;).

No sweat bro

#34 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm a bit skeptical on why system requirements are being so delayed, I'd like to to think that since the game is in alpha and around it's graphical requirement peek, that they should be ready around now.

My only thoughts on the entire tweet session, since it lasted only five minutes.

#35 Sheilei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationOn a mountain shelf in the middle of freakin' nowhere.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

I think we will be getting our starter mechs based on prices. Let's hope we get to choose which variant we want.
Light: Commando.
Medium: Hunchback. It's cheaper than the Centurion by just a little bit. But the Cicada is over 200K more expensive than the other two.
Heavy: Dragon
Assault: Awesome

There will probably be a few more mechs released before open beta so this list may be way of target.

#36 Kyuui

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 16 May 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thanks guys. Glad to help. And IF BRYAN AND RUSS CAN GET OFF THEIR TWITTER SEATS AND GET THEIR HEADS BACK IN THESE FORUMS I want to say "Thanks" to those two rapscallions as well. ;)

thank you Aegis, and to Bryan and Russ, that, was very fun to read, even if I didn't get my personal answer, I got answers to things I still wanted to know (still wanna know how inertia is gonna work)

#37 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostJazzySteel, on 16 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Assuming you are allowed to sell your free 'mech.

Cheers.

#38 jhempsrt4

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostFresh_Meat, on 16 May 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

What are notable named hero mechs?

are these special rare variants with unique hard points?

They are mechs out of the books; ie. Yen-Lo-Wang was a Centurian with an AC20 piloted by a character in one of the books.

#39 Breeze

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Here's another place that's got the all the responses from today's tweet chat. http://www.pixelhunt...hat-on-twitter/

Disclaimer: I put this together for that site. So excited for MWO, and looking to get our readers excited about it too.

#40 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

View PostRisky, on 16 May 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I'm a bit skeptical on why system requirements are being so delayed, I'd like to to think that since the game is in alpha and around it's graphical requirement peek, that they should be ready around now.

My only thoughts on the entire tweet session, since it lasted only five minutes.

I'm sure they could easily tell you the specs of the computers in their testing lab, but that wouldn't really be very helpful for establishing a minimum. Maybe they're counting on crowd-sourcing the minimum specs trough trial and error when they start giving people closed beta access ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users