Holiday Mc Bonus - 20% Extra Mc On All Packages!

121 replies to this topic

#61 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

The pricing is ridiculously high. They seriously need to explain reasoning behind it to the community.

It's not cool to grind such huge amounts of cash from Battletech lovers.

#62 ChaosClown Icaza

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

That's cool and all, I especial liked the part where it went on sale an hour after I bought some..! >.<

#63 judasho

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHK

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I think this price is regarded as almost to want more promotions

#64 Arkmaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

How about a Double MC Sale like SOE does with Station Cash?

#65 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Thumbs up! B)

Prices are fine imo... 4 weeks playing and I have 3 variants of jenners, ravens, hunchbacks, centurions, catapults, cataphracts, atlases... I got enough cbills for 3 stalkers... Lots of posts already showed how easy it is to farm cbills for every mech and weapon in game compared with other F2P games.

You only need MC for mech bays.. 300 each isn't bad.. 2500 MC for 1 month of premium time... awesome.

This is a game where the company needs to make money.

Deal with it! And if you can't... grow up! Welcome to first world problems.

:)

Edited by MavRCK, 13 December 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#66 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostOryol, on 13 December 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

Must be a Canadian thing B)

No. More like a bad business decision thing.

#67 Dantalion

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostAidan Malchor, on 13 December 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Not blind to it's flaws, but not blind to what it has going for it either. If people wanna nerd rage about a process they know nothing about then they should just log off and punch themselves in the junk repeatedly until they feel better about their life rather then waste electrons with their whining.

There are a number of people here who post constructively about problems within the game and who submit tickets with information to help with the bug hunting. That is how you go about addressing the short comings, not cry cry cry look at me i'm quiting, going to take my toys and go home boo hoo posts.

This really has nothing to do with PGI as it seems most games these days get more then their fair share of self entitled morons who think they could make a better game then "insert dev here" and that they should be consulted with about how to do it right.

I think u mad bro.You just confirmed everything that i said with this post.How about you search the forums a little and see they didn't use the constructiv post of the ppl, they just push out more content you can buy whit mc....
Also i think you need to see a shrink that can help you chanel that anger of yours. Thats not good for you and the ppl around you.I hope the therapy will help you and i am sorry for you condition.
Bye

Edited by Dantalion, 14 December 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#68 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Dear PGI,

What I find more frustrating is that you need a crappy Paypal account or a Credit Card.. I would have bought MC a long time ago if you just implemented iDeal or something equivalent. It takes 4 to 6 days to update my paypall account, which is longer then this 20% action is available and I don't own a creditcard nor will I ever own one (out of self protection, don't spend more then you have). My Paypall account, that I was forced to create to buy a worthy humblebundle, has ~10 euro's atm. I would like the second package but that costs ~11,40 euro excluding Paypall fee. The current payment plan system sucks and I don't think I'm alone in this. As I said I would like to give money, but it's not going to happen with the current paymentplan.

tl;dr Paypall is a crap system, I will never own a creditcard so please implement something like iDeal.

I would like to know if I/we can expect an iDeal system in the future.

#69 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostEldragon, on 13 December 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

So, since it's the holidays and all, when can we buy MC as a gift? It would be a whole lot easier to get friends into this game if I could buy someone MC.

Or maybe even buy one of your friends a Mech with your own MC´s ?

+1 man, nicely observated

#70 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostParan01ac, on 13 December 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

The pricing is ridiculously high. They seriously need to explain reasoning behind it to the community.

It's not cool to grind such huge amounts of cash from Battletech lovers.

No explanation is needed.

In capitalism, the price is set by demand. If we are willing to buy something at X price, then X price is a good price. If you can't sell something at X price, you start lowering price until you find that happy medium between your cost, and what people are willing to pay.

I don't like their pricing on mechs and cosmetic stuff. That does not mean it is the wrong price - particularly if others are willing to pay said price such that they are making profit.

#71 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

View PostRadioKies, on 14 December 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Dear PGI,

What I find more frustrating is that you need a crappy Paypal account or a Credit Card.. I would have bought MC a long time ago if you just implemented iDeal or something equivalent. It takes 4 to 6 days to update my paypall account, which is longer then this 20% action is available and I don't own a creditcard nor will I ever own one (out of self protection, don't spend more then you have). My Paypall account, that I was forced to create to buy a worthy humblebundle, has ~10 euro's atm. I would like the second package but that costs ~11,40 euro excluding Paypall fee. The current payment plan system sucks and I don't think I'm alone in this. As I said I would like to give money, but it's not going to happen with the current paymentplan.

tl;dr Paypall is a crap system, I will never own a creditcard so please implement something like iDeal.

I would like to know if I/we can expect an iDeal system in the future.

I googled iDeal and it came up with pages and pages of stuff nothing to do with a payment system... no wonder PGI have never heard of it

if it's the idea of a credit card you don't like, you can get pre-pay purchase cards that do the same thing, perhaps that would be better for you?

PayPal is pretty universally used and accepted these days, so whilst it's unfortunate that your personal preferences don't quite match up with PGI's chosen payment methods, they do accept both credit cards and paypal which is a pretty good shout as far as billing acceptance goes

edit: I managed to find iDeal and it's a system that is ONLY used in the netherlands... so good luck getting a Canadian company to accept a payment system that is only used in a single country, a country in which they don't have a qualifying bank account and a country from which the number of customers is very small, and most of whom are quite happy to use PayPal or a credit card

Edited by Apoc1138, 14 December 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#72 nonplusultra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 241 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Paysafe would be great for me. Like Steam have.

#73 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostApoc1138, on 14 December 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

edit: I managed to find iDeal and it's a system that is ONLY used in the netherlands

Thats why I suggested an system like iDeal, I could have explained the concept more I agree. The nice thing iDeal lets you do: you can pay directly to a shop with your bank account not having to use a prepaid system like Paypall. You directly pay the amount that is needed while you don't give (more then required) money to a third party. Surely it can't be that our country is the only one with an "advanced" userfriendly and easy pay platform.

Edited by RadioKies, 14 December 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#74 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

that is exactly what paypal does, so im confused, sorry
I pay via paypal and paypal then take the money from my account automatically, I dont prepay in to paypal first

#75 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

It's a Free To Play game, anyone that has played them before know for fact, that there are always holiday sales.

With this being a heavy holiday block, just wait for the next one to come out. (Hint: December 25th and January 1st are very good candidates for upcoming sales, if the 25th doesn't work, you can wait a few more days)

It's not poor decision on their part, its yours for not getting into the flow of how marketing works.

#76 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostApoc1138, on 14 December 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

I pay via paypal and paypal then take the money from my account automatically, I dont prepay in to paypal first

I also will probably never get a credit card. But what about MWO and all the cheap games on sale on steam, GOG, gamersgate, etc and all the cheap stuff on ebay? simple, I got a prepaid debit card. in the philippines there are ones that can be reloaded from your bank savings account

you just keep paypal at zero balance and make sure your debit card has more than enough money and link it to paypal. when you use paypal, paypal grabs money from the debit card

#77 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostApoc1138, on 14 December 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Paypall only does that when you have a credit card linked, paypall doesn't pay for you and then gets it from your bank account. If your balance isn't high enough you get two options: 1) link a credit card 2) add more monies via bank transfer (which takes 4/6 days).

@ Ryvucz
It's a Free To Play game, anyone that has played them before know for fact, that there are always holiday sales.
I havn't played F2P games before. So there goes your helpfull fact
It's not poor decision on their part, its yours for not getting into the flow of how marketing works.
I am a marketeer so I do understand that there are special holliday packages and actions and it's not something I was talking about, I was adressing the payment methods available. You don't even have to be a marketeer to understand that with a direct payment solution they would increase their turnover because they are missing out on people like me and Chaser187.

It's nice that you guys have credit cards and like prepay systems like paypall, but because you like them/think the're good solutions not everyone shares that opinion.

#78 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 14 December 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

No explanation is needed.

In capitalism, the price is set by demand. If we are willing to buy something at X price, then X price is a good price. If you can't sell something at X price, you start lowering price until you find that happy medium between your cost, and what people are willing to pay.

I don't like their pricing on mechs and cosmetic stuff. That does not mean it is the wrong price - particularly if others are willing to pay said price such that they are making profit.

I know how economy works, still what I'm saying is that it's not okay to grind money like that from Battletech fans.

It's like making all Browncoats (Firefly fans) to sell everything they have to give money to Joss and Nathan to buy rights on Firefly, but they would never do it, wouldn't they?

1000 MC for some stupid Santa? Near 1000 MC for full paint job? 30$ for a premium mech? That is retardedly overpriced.

#79 Angatai

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

I would love to be able to give my son a bucket of MC along with his new Computer.

#80 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostRadioKies, on 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Paypall only does that when you have a credit card linked, paypall doesn't pay for you and then gets it from your bank account. If your balance isn't high enough you get two options: 1) link a credit card 2) add more monies via bank transfer (which takes 4/6 days).

I don't have a credit card in PayPal, only my bank account... I assure you, what I stated is exactly how it works in the uk... vendor gets money, ships me item, a few days later I see a PayPal debit on my current account, no credit card involved... my PayPal balance sits at £0, but if I order something for next day delivery, I get it the next day and the debit appears automatically a few days later on my bank account for that exact amount with no further interaction from me... not sure why Netherlands banks don't allow the same level of integration

Edited by Apoc1138, 15 December 2012 - 09:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users