Holiday Mc Bonus - 20% Extra Mc On All Packages!

121 replies to this topic

#81 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostRadioKies, on 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

It's nice that you guys have credit cards and like prepay systems like paypall, but because you like them/think the're good solutions not everyone shares that opinion.

Prepay?

Uh, okay. I apparently pre-pay PayPal with my non-existent credit card.

I had no idea, how bizarre. I think I should ask them for my non-existent credit card.

#82 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostApoc1138, on 15 December 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

I don't have a credit card in PayPal, only my bank account... I assure you, what I stated is exactly how it works in the uk... vendor gets money, ships me item, a few days later I see a PayPal debit on my current account, no credit card involved... my PayPal balance sits at £0, but if I order something for next day delivery, I get it the next day and the debit appears automatically a few days later on my bank account for that exact amount with no further interaction from me... not sure why Netherlands banks don't allow the same level of integration

Oh, thats lame.. I assumed that because I only have those two options no one else would have that option. I stand corrected. :)

#83 Doom8986

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

this sale should last till jan 1st to give everone a chance to buy points cause i ony get paid every 2 weeks and this would be the second sale i would miss cause of this fact and how can it be a holiday sale if it ends the 18th 7 days before chrstmas that makes it a pre-holiday sale and 5 days is not enough time for everyone to take advantage of this sale.

#84 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

1000 mc for a santa claus? yeah..... right

pass

#85 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostAidan Malchor, on 13 December 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Not blind to it's flaws, but not blind to what it has going for it either. If people wanna nerd rage about a process they know nothing about then they should just log off and punch themselves in the junk repeatedly until they feel better about their life rather then waste electrons with their whining.

There are a number of people here who post constructively about problems within the game and who submit tickets with information to help with the bug hunting. That is how you go about addressing the short comings, not cry cry cry look at me i'm quiting, going to take my toys and go home boo hoo posts.

This really has nothing to do with PGI as it seems most games these days get more then their fair share of self entitled morons who think they could make a better game then "insert dev here" and that they should be consulted with about how to do it right.

View PostDantalion, on 14 December 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

I think u mad bro.You just confirmed everything that i said with this post.How about you search the forums a little and see they didn't use the constructiv post of the ppl, they just push out more content you can buy whit mc....
Also i think you need to see a shrink that can help you chanel that anger of yours. Thats not good for you and the ppl around you.I hope the therapy will help you and i am sorry for you condition.
Bye

Since you couldn't refute anything in the post, you armchair psychoanalyze him? Try again.

#86 Razegerogero

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 14 December 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

In capitalism, the price is set by demand. If we are willing to buy something at X price, then X price is a good price. If you can't sell something at X price, you start lowering price until you find that happy medium between your cost, and what people are willing to pay.

Well, whilst true and what (major) publishers usually try to do, it's only part of the story. If we talk of this purely from the perspective of profitability, in other words, forgoing any moral perspectives which would be extremely ambiguous in any case, then it can still be noted that the good sales and profits of a single quarter year do not necessarily indicate sustainability of a product.

For example, if a city had only one hospital and it was privately owned and it charged extraordinarily high prices for emergency services, obviously everyone would still use it. But if some other company offering medical services took note of this and decided to bring on competition and offered their services at half the price but with same quality, just less profit to the owners, it's very likely most people would switch. (Or get a cheaper insurance that only covers the the services of the new hospital in your region)

Now if the first hospital had only 10% higher prices, people would probably overlook this difference and stay with the one they've been accustomed to, as familiarity is something people appraise very highly.

What I'm saying is that if IGP has concluded that their current pricing brings the highest profit, this might really only appear so until there's an alternative. Basically, IGP is cashing in on the fact there is no other modern BattleTech (or equivalent) FPS. They're cashing in on the expense of the fans of the setting and former game series, and of mechs in general. Do I think that this is a bit unethical? Yep! Do I think that in Western capitalism this is profitable on the long term? No.

And just to alleviate the tone of that a bit, I don't personally think the prices are much too high. I think a total of 30% off would be good. I already bought the 6500 MC package the same day I joined since I wanted to show my faith towards what the guys are doing. But yes, it's a bit on the steep side to pay 17€ (or 23$) for a single Mech, but on the other hand, it isn't mandatory and doesn't give an actual advantage in battle.

View PostParan01ac, on 14 December 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

It's like making all Browncoats (Firefly fans) to sell everything they have to give money to Joss and Nathan to buy rights on Firefly, but they would never do it, wouldn't they?

Wait, you're saying that'd work?! Where can I donate my monies! :ph34r:

Edited by Razegerogero, 16 December 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#87 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I can only assume PGI is selling a lot of these packages, because prices are not coming down. As it is, after the recent statements on ECM the $99 I was considering spending for the extra 30,000 MC will be going to something more worthy for now. Stuff is too expensive around here anyhow.

#88 Sikosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLake Ozark, Mo

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostPOWR, on 13 December 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

The game left alpha a long time ago :)

no it hasn't, its still in Alpha by all reality. Just because PGI /IGP decided to redefine their phases of the game doesn't change what is held as an industry standard for decades, this game is ALPHA and will remain so for a long long time by most folks quest-i-mates and PGI's current inability and pace. ><

#89 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 16 December 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

I can only assume PGI is selling a lot of these packages, because prices are not coming down. As it is, after the recent statements on ECM the $99 I was considering spending for the extra 30,000 MC will be going to something more worthy for now. Stuff is too expensive around here anyhow.

The game has been out for two months, and they've already had two sales: one +20% for the 2 most expensive packages, and now +20% for all the packages.

PGI is just testing the waters. Give it another few months and PGI will (wisely) reduce the cost of MC further. Actually, scratch that, PGI won't reduce the general price of MC, they'll just have +50% sales to encourage people to buy.

Even if they are selling MC at these prices (and they are definitely selling some), I suspect they'd make more money at further reduced prices.

#90 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostStandingCow, on 13 December 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Don't take this as a complaint, but more of a suggestion, why not take 20% off the price instead of giving an extra 20% on the MC? I mean, the point of a sale is to spend less...

Just a thought.

Its the season to give! They are GIVING 20% more! :)

#91 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

MWO is often compared to WoT, so I checked MC prices vs WoT's gold and they're exactly the same.
The cheapest tank in WoT costs 750 gold (= 3$ when you buy biggest Gold package) and the most expensive - 12500 (49.98$); Ilya is what? about 20$, right? So I think MC prices are ok, that's the standard for this kind of game.

#92 Schrottfrosch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Oh and try to buy a tier X tank with RL cash, pls!

They are about 6 million credits, 1 gold can be converted to 400 credits, so you need 15000 gold for a tier X tank in WoT which is about 60$. You will need the exp for it, too though, which you might have to convert from free exp from other tanks for gold, too and your crew should be 100%, too, which comes at 200 gold per crew member.

So what exactly is so expensive at MWO?

Edited by Schrottfrosch, 17 December 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#93 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostSikosis, on 17 December 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

no it hasn't, its still in Alpha by all reality. Just because PGI /IGP decided to redefine their phases of the game doesn't change what is held as an industry standard for decades, this game is ALPHA and will remain so for a long long time by most folks quest-i-mates and PGI's current inability and pace. ><

I think you are confusing development stages. If this was in Alpha the only people playing it would be internal to the company, focus groups and maybe friends and family.
The definition of beta is releasing it to the general audience, outside the company. Of course since people are actually paying money makes it retail but thats completely different.

#94 Chacatumbi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostPOWR, on 13 December 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

The game left alpha a long time ago :lol:

I think he was being sarcastic in that the game has too many bugs to be called a beta.

Oh and since people can already use $ to pay for things in game already, its technically not beta anymore... could be called badly realeased lol. i still play it tho!

#95 clok

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Your comparison to WoT is some great data.

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 17 December 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

MWO is often compared to WoT, so I checked MC prices vs WoT's gold and they're exactly the same.
The cheapest tank in WoT costs 750 gold (= 3$ when you buy biggest Gold package) and the most expensive - 12500 (49.98$); Ilya is what? about 20$, right? So I think MC prices are ok, that's the standard for this kind of game.

The F2P model will always draw complaints when there is a significant cost (real money) for in-game items. Games like WoT and LoL have proved that the players who play the game and like it will continue to support it as long as the content continues to drop. The cost is set by the market. The market in this case isn't driven directly by the consumer of a specific product, but by the entire F2P market as a whole.

#96 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Where as i play DDO another free to play game and all the xmas content is FREE, you earn it in game, not pay for it, come now who the frig is buying lumps of coal for 250mc?

those of you who are, have too much money to cents!

To my way of thinking i'd expect to get a shitload of crap for $100 which is the cost of a new game, i've dropped $60 on it for my founder pack and the mc and 1 founder mech and premium time don't seem to be that much.

Now the MC bonus for a 5 day period. please. a lot of people work on a 2 week pay system so you missed out on quite a few people who'd have bought mc to get the bonus as there not thinking! If your gonna have a 5 day sale, advertise it so people can be prepared!

It'll be quite some time before i pony up extra cash till i see a reducation in prices.

As for WoT i don't give a rat's arse. i can buy complete games off steam for $20 or less and steam free to play games for $20 i can buy a tonne of stuff. PGI need to lower prices and get everyone to buy things not 10% of the player base buying at premium prices.

thats not a cost reduction for poor players, but enconomic sense. the cost to make these things is a once off expense, there's no extra cost in making 100,000 digitial copies or 1,000.

So would you rather sell 1,000 items for $6, ie the xmas lights, or 100,000 items at $0.60 each? you do the math!

i won't buy a single item for that price but at 1/10th i'd buy it all for my 12 mechs.

Edited by Hades Trooper, 18 December 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#97 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostParan01ac, on 14 December 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I know how economy works, still what I'm saying is that it's not okay to grind money like that from Battletech fans.

It's like making all Browncoats (Firefly fans) to sell everything they have to give money to Joss and Nathan to buy rights on Firefly, but they would never do it, wouldn't they?

1000 MC for some stupid Santa? Near 1000 MC for full paint job? 30$ for a premium mech? That is retardedly overpriced.

I agree, but again, "no explanation is needed." We already know the answer - the price is set by what the market will bear.

#98 Yagyu

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I would've sworn this was going through January... I gotta stop sniffing glue.

#99 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Nooooo curses. The sale ends just as the new Hero mechs come out. Sigh.

Guess I'm waiting till the next sale to pick up the new Dragons lol

#100 Stradius

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Sale ended? Oh well, no buys till next.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users