Holiday Mc Bonus - 20% Extra Mc On All Packages!

121 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Season’s Greetings MechWarriors!

We received many of requests to extend the 20% Thanksgiving Sale for the next five days only. That's from December 13th 10am PST to December 18th 10am PST, we are offering 20% additional MechWarrior Credits on all packages.

Buy yourself something this holiday season - you deserve it!

We hope this helps everyone’s Holidays be that much more special.

A warm thanks and cheers from all of us, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Don't take this as a complaint, but more of a suggestion, why not take 20% off the price instead of giving an extra 20% on the MC? I mean, the point of a sale is to spend less...

Just a thought.

#3 Oryol

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostStandingCow, on 13 December 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Don't take this as a complaint, but more of a suggestion, why not take 20% off the price instead of giving an extra 20% on the MC?  I mean, the point of a sale is to spend less...

Just a thought.

Must be a Canadian thing :D

#4 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Giving more MC should be technically easier to do then 20% less $$

But your point is valid ^^

And if the staff would be intelligent folks they would just link the marketplace in this post... nothing personal, just saying it :D
Both is the same question: How to make it as easy as possible for all to give you money.
btw: I can't find a way to buy MC from here. No link in the bar on top??

Edited by LennStar, 13 December 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#5 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I hate to be cynical (just kidding, I love to be cynical), but I feel that this sale only barely ameliorates the ridiculously expensive stuff. Mostly the Christmas stuff which is REAAAALLY overpriced. Also, I currently feel that most of the 'Mech prices are overpriced when converted to real dollars.
The Ilya (DURING this sale) is just over $22. ($15 for 3000 *1.2 = 3600, $7 for 1250 * 1.2 = 1500. Total of 5100 for $22, still leaving you short 150 MC).
Since that leaves you short 150 MC, if a player with 0 MC wanted to buy an Ilya, they'd have to spend at least 30 dollars. (Admittedly they'd have 2550 MC left over during this sale).

I would very much like a PGI employee to come onto the forums and have an open and frank discussion about pricing with the community. I, for one, feel that the current prices are dramatically overpriced, especially the cosmetics. Consider that currently there are two cosmetic things for sale: Camo and cockpit items. Camo is actually reasonably priced, but still a little high. Cockpit items are both dramatically overpriced and cannot even be "shown off." Only when your teammates die do they get to see this stuff you bought. Note that the hats in Team Fortress are considerably cheaper than MWO cockpit items and are also visible to all players. You get to show 'em off! It's fun!
As to the 'Mechs, I just can't see them being viable under current prices. Especially given the beta status. Players are taking a large risk purchasing expensive 'Mechs (especially Hero 'Mechs) at current prices. Take, for example, the Ilya. Let us say, hypothetically, that MWO's release and official balance has missile weapons being very powerful, and lasers and ballistics underpowered (I hope the official balance is fair for all weapons, but we're speaking in hypotheticals right now). That means that any player who buys an Ilya spent $22+ on an underpowered 'Mech, aside from the C-bill boost.

So could we please have a frank and open discussion? I'd love to be able to talk to the guys from PGI (or perhaps the folks at IGP, if they're responsible for price-setting) about why they decided to make prices $X, instead of $Y. Perhaps even see some graphs about expected sales at given price-points. In short, it'd be nice like you treated this community as not just customers, but investors and adults. Remember that many of us (including myself, obviously), did make a large, conscious investment into this game before we could even legally read or hear reviews. We feel like investors in addition to customers, and it'd be absolutely brilliant to be treated as such.

#6 Dax Frey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostStandingCow, on 13 December 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Don't take this as a complaint, but more of a suggestion, why not take 20% off the price instead of giving an extra 20% on the MC? I mean, the point of a sale is to spend less...

Just a thought.

Probably their third party Merchant services don't allow them to do price changes without renegotiation of fees , because they most likely negotiated special rates(that the merchant services company charges them per transaction) at each price point. Hence the reason you get the most bang for your buck at the top price point, Their costs are probably lowest at this level...plus they literally get more money...but I digress

Best guess is it's either nigh impossible to do, or so difficult that I wouldn't be worth it from a business prospective

#7 Dantalion

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

No way i buy mc or play this game till it's in alpha stage and ridiculously overpriced......
I will come back about a year from now, i hope it will be in beta then.......

#8 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Well, at least it's on all packs this time, not just the expensive ones. I guess they do listen sometimes :D

Edited by Flapdrol, 13 December 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#9 xmmatt

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Hmmm. It's still beta! .. a common retort to a lot of questions and complaints in the forums, but applicable here also. I have an activate button that remains unactivated...because it is "still beta" . The fluff offered as items, overpriced and well, just really really uncool, as well as western centric. A hand weapon in my cockpit hanging would be cool..just a thought. Mainly I would like more content as promised, as well as a more finished product before that button gets activated, and i start spending more money

#10 Biruke

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

I enjoy playing the game, have spent some money already and will spend more. Waiting impatiently and have already funded my "front" card :D

Stop whing about overpricerd items. Don't buy them, it's not "pay 2 win".

#11 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

It's still showing the normal amounts of MC for me!

Posted Image

#12 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

@EnigmaNL: let me draw your attention to this statement mate, December 13th 10am PST, I don't even think they're awake yet on their side of the planet.

#13 Biruke

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

when the hell is it going to be 10 am PST? :D

Edited by Biruke, 13 December 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#14 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 13 December 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

@EnigmaNL: let me draw your attention to this statement mate, December 13th 10am PST, I don't even think they're awake yet on their side of the planet.

Oops, my bad! I suck at timezones :D

Edit: ooh it's 18:00GMT :S

Edited by EnigmaNL, 13 December 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#15 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Thanks PGI!

#16 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostEnigmaNL, on 13 December 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Oops, my bad! I suck at timezones :lol:

Edit: ooh it's 18:00GMT :S

OT: You can move your mouse over the time in the upper left of the post to get a GMT (or your local) time stamp.

#17 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Man I just bought MC last night, Hey Dev's any chance of getting the bonus anyway?

#18 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 13 December 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Man I just bought MC last night, Hey Dev's any chance of getting the bonus anyway?

It would be better to contact support than to ask on the forums.

#19 Star Captain Obvious Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

So, since it's the holidays and all, when can we buy MC as a gift? It would be a whole lot easier to get friends into this game if I could buy someone MC.

#20 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 13 December 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

hahha was thinking about exactly the same thing today :ph34r:, that would be nice christmas present wouldnt be ?:lol:
anyway i think this game is little bit too expensive atm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users