276 replies to this topic

#61 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Will any of the upcoming Spider Variants be capable of equipping ECM (or for that matter any chance any of the Stalker or Trebuchet variants)?

#62 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

My questions are as always B)

1) Is there going to be an utf in game chat?
2) What localisations are planned?
3) How do u fill ignoring my questions so many times?

#63 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

For the capture module. I have heard arguments that it is for target capture and also that it is base capture. Is it base capture or is it target capture?

#64 Ardlen

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Q. Can we get an option to switch to a toggle for TAG and for mech information ("q")?

#65 ArmyOfWon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Will we ever/can we have the Heightmap data/High Quality Maps from the battlegrounds? Currently Forest Colony (Edit: And Frozen City) is the highest quality map in the game (2048 x 2048, 32 bit), but the others are lower quality (1024 x 1024, 32 bit). Would it be possible to distribute higher quality map data to the community? Also, the heightmaps of the terrain in the level.paks can't be used by the CryEngine 3 Sandbox (trust me, I've tried). If you could consider distributing those heightmaps (8-bit .bmp; or I could use the 16-bit .RAW files, but not everyone has the CryEngine SDK) as well that would be amazing!

(Best case scenario: Pass out the .cry file, let us make our own high-quality maps. Not gonna happen, but easiest on you guys B) )

Edit: Re-looked at the battlegrid map resolutions and noticed Frozen City is also 2048x2048 as well. Everything else (Caustic, River City, Forest Colony Snow) is 1024x1024

Edited by ArmyOfWon, 13 December 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#66 JeepStuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Just curious about the progress on DX11. I know you don't want to commit to a date because people get all bent out of shape when you slip it. So without nailing down a specific date, can you give us an indication if the time to rollout is measured in weeks or months? I'm just curious if this is a short term item (less than a couple months) or a long term item (more than a couple months).

And by the way, thanks a ton for all the great roadmap info in the Command Chair.

#67 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Q: So are you feeling the heat yet? -It's only 3 more months to Wave 1 of Operation Revival and I have some Jade Falcon I need to kick in the teeth.

#68 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Would you consider having the NARC beacon transmit through ECM but at the cost of reduced beacon time? This could be construed as the NARC beacon transmitting a narrow band high intensity signal which quickly drains the beacon's batteries.

#69 Kairae

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

What are the victory conditions in the event time runs out? (Primarily I'm interested on Assault, but also on Conquest)

Context: I have seen 3 different results in the following conditions.
7 v 6 kills. 6 Kill team had achieved approx 30% cap; 7 kill team had not capped at all. All three remaining players were active.
- Victory 6 kill team.
7 v 6 kills. Both teams had capped. 6 Kill team had capped more. At least one player on bother teams was active.
- Victory 7 kill team.
7 v 7 kills. Both teams had capped. One had capped more than the other.
- Tie
7 v 7 kills. Neither team had capped.
- Tie

Edited by Kairae, 13 December 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#70 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hey guys,

Really enjoying the game - thanks!

1. Any chance of having the inner sphere date added to the main loading screen?
2. Will the main loading screen be resizeable or able to put into fullscreen mode?
3. Any chance we will be able to change the order of the mechs in our mech bay? (For the obsessive pilots out there... :) )
4. Would it be possible to completely disable Betty in the sound options? Or choose which notifications we want?
5. Ladder / ELO future plans? Will cbills earned be increased as your ELO increases? I can see where people tank their ELOs just to farm cbills easier.
6. What is PGI / MWO's view on a competitive - tournament - pro scene? I believe this is what will ultimately help increase awareness of MWO and help bring in new players.
7. What do you think of KaoS Legion's resident genius signature artist, Weebz? B)

Thanks everyone!

Edited by MavRCK, 13 December 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#71 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hey there. I like ECM, and think it's working just fine.

Any thoughts on updating/modifying the mech skill trees to be unique to each weight class?

#72 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

So, Conquest sounds pretty cool, but I still feel like it'll probably turn into a more complicated version of base rush a lot of the time. When will we get plain, old team deathmatch? Some of us would rrreeeeaaaaalllly like to just kill people without worrying about objectives.

#73 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...re/page__st__60

I know you said dont ask but this is the only thing Im even staying up to date on the news for this game now. Its really the only question I, personally even have.

#74 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Will it blend?

#75 PhalanxDeath

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLynden WASH.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Q: Will there eventually be a way for Pugs to only play Pugs free of any premades?

#76 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Why do the Gauss Rifle, AC2 and AC5 not have their minimum range implemented? This would reduce their viability as the "go to" weapon for close range brawling.

#77 Hanatoro

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

What does the warning on the back wall of the mechlab say?

#78 Foster Bondroff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

As these answers are so far un answered previously i will throw them in again:
  • Is it planned that loadout changes will effect the appearance of a mech, i.e. if a medium laser is replaced with a PPC will the 3D modell show an appropriate representation of the new weapon?
  • Are the following customization options planned? Moving hardpoints to a different location (i.e. from Torso to Arms) and/or removing hand and lower arm actuators to free additional slots? And if yes, will those changes have influence on the appearance?
  • With the release of XTRO: Succession War I Catalyst introduced new designs for some of the unseen/reseen mechs, namely the Wasp, Griffin and especially Marauder. Any chance we will see those classic and epic mechs in the game based on the new art in this new XTRO?
And a new one:
  • Any future plans of having seperate timelines running? Currently whe have 3049, but i could imagine that many players would also like some 3020ish timeline and me personally would really like a Blakist Jihad timeline starting from 3069.

#79 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Q3: Why does guardian ECM jam streak missiles? When that ability is limited to the later more advanced Angel ECM? And even than when being jammed by angel your supposed to be able to fire them as regular SRM's?

Q4: if your not going to increase DHS to 2.0 would it be possible to have a heat nerf on the larger energy weapons like ER PPC's and ER large lasers to make them more viable?

#80 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostRifter, on 13 December 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Why no CW questions WTF is going on with CW thats really all i care about.

Agreed

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users