Do You Want Cap Race Warrior Online?

86 replies to this topic

Poll: Change in Capping ? (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Changes for Capping

1. The ECM forbids Capping Solution seems good (10 votes [8.55%])

Percentage of vote: 8.55%

2. Nah only a 7 Minutes Timer before Capping in Assault seems good. (12 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. ECM forbids capping AND 7 Minutes Timer in Assault Mode (5 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

4. No leave it as it is. Speedcapping is leggit (90 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 _Rorschach_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Forcing them into ECCM mode and still not being as valuable for the cap still puts the attacker at a disadvantage since the enemy now can use SSRMs and LRMs without problems while they probably still can't (especially true for LRMs since they will be much farther away than your ECCMs range). I simply don't think it's a good suggestion...

#22 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

I don't like these stupid bases either but at least Conquest mode will be better. So people zerg to your base like cowards rather than fight? Just take the other 3-4 on the map and earn far more points than they do.

#23 Shi no Kami

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Why not add in some Static Automated Defenses for the bases, so that if the lights run in to Speed Cap they get peppered by SRM or Md. Laser fire?

#24 Congzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

The solution is as simple as just going and defending your base. A couple nights ago I was in a match on forest colony. The other team rushed 2 Cataphracts, a hunch, an awesome, a Cat K2, and a raven to our cap. A raven I was on voice with and me in a Phract 4X were the only ones to rtb. With the raven confusing them I was easily able to slaughter all 5.

#25 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

They could put a dropship on the base complete with PPC's and Gauss =X

#26 Frisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

A novel solution to this problem is to avoid a cap race by

PROTECTING YOUR POINT.

#27 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Wanna good fight? Have patience, set an ambush at your base, wait for Cappers! Fight WILL ensue.

#28 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Write-in: Remove ECM from the game.

#29 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Let TAG work at 100% v ECM and we are back in business. ECM isn't OP 4-8 ECM is.

#30 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

what do i want?

when i say "base is being rushed 4+" that at least one other person on the team heads back.

Prior to ECM it was generally accepted that one of the light mechs roles was to slow down caps (or stop entirely) while 1+ slower mechs fell back incase more than lights at base.

Now, everybody is scared to go back to their home base if the warning pops up because they dont want to face ECM lights, including your own lights. Most will quite happily let the base get capped rather than risk getting shot at by helping whoever the poor soul is who went back to stop it (if anyone).

at least half the time you are NOT losing your base because nobody saw them. Your losing because nobody bothered to go back after seeing them, because nobody else did (chicken or the egg scenario).

Edited by Asmosis, 14 December 2012 - 05:40 AM.

#31 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

How about try it out how they designed it before you start suggesting modifications?

Just a thought.

Looking at the screen shots while you may be able to cap the point relatively quickly its still going to give you the Jump Ship Juice at a fixed rate, regardless of how many mechs are on the point.

From what I can tell it takes 2 seconds of hold time to earn one point. 750 points to win. Thats 5 minutes from the start of the game if you hold ALL 5 points at drop. Which your not going to do. If you can grab 3 very close to game on it will take you over 8 minutes to win by holding 3 points....

Not exactly a race, plenty of time to do something about it.

(Numbers taken from the screen shot of a match in progress at 14:30 on the clock. Each side has one point captured and the points are 14 each. So slightly less than 1 point earned per 2 seconds.)

#32 Panzerjotun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

As an avid player the speed/ninja capping is the biggest turn off for me. If something is not adjusted soon I will return to other games. I login to fight- not to race.

#33 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

^^ then dont try to cap the enemy base? try scouting? play a light?

Theres a lot of solutions that dont involve waiting for the opponents lights to come and power down in front of you.

#34 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

A base is more then a strange pile of metal.

Make it with upgrades. (for assault, cant say anything about conquest now)
A base have a basebar and a capbar. Bases start with full basebar for you, the enemy have to empty basebar and then fill his capping bar, making captime double as now and making capturemodule more worthwhile too.

Enemy capbar emptys by 5% per second if no enemy is on base, but dont refill your basebar. You can hurry this beeing on cap. Then you can stand there to fill your basebar up to 100% again. (This mean there have to be a mech the whole time on base to capture, leaving base when capping sabots your cappingprocess. Left for 10 sec? 50% capture is gone.)

Basebar for you gives updates, so refilling your basebar helps your defends.
basebar over 75% gives buildin counterecm for base
basebar over 50% gives radar, it shows all mechs in 360° 250m around the base to your team (ecm works against it when buildin counterecm is gone)
basebar over 25% gives ams on the base
basebar over 0% gives 1 smallpulselaser on top of the base, autofiring on nearest enemy, destroyable. Have 300HP, regenerate 5HP every second after killed, come online again when back to 300hp (regeneration only applies when the basebar is over 0%, will be faster with allymech on base,maybe 5hp+5hp for every mech on base.)

Edited by Galenit, 14 December 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#35 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

So defend your base and control the General Pace..... Yeah... I know!

Puns aside, if you want to fight and you are fairly confident your enemy is rushing... Set. A. Trap. At your base and get the fight you want!

"Every plan is a good plan, Until you meet the enemy!"

You plan to fight. Awesome plan.

HOWEVER

Your enemy chose to base cap on the sly.
Plan ruined.

Apparently, opponents have been annoying strategists for thousands of years! Who knew?

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 14 December 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#36 Wyvern79

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostRoknari, on 14 December 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

How about try it out how they designed it before you start suggesting modifications?

Just a thought.

Looking at the screen shots while you may be able to cap the point relatively quickly its still going to give you the Jump Ship Juice at a fixed rate, regardless of how many mechs are on the point.

From what I can tell it takes 2 seconds of hold time to earn one point. 750 points to win. Thats 5 minutes from the start of the game if you hold ALL 5 points at drop. Which your not going to do. If you can grab 3 very close to game on it will take you over 8 minutes to win by holding 3 points....

Not exactly a race, plenty of time to do something about it.

(Numbers taken from the screen shot of a match in progress at 14:30 on the clock. Each side has one point captured and the points are 14 each. So slightly less than 1 point earned per 2 seconds.)

This.

Look how long it takes to win by a 3 point capture. Realistically it is going to take 9 minutes if you hold 3 points. During that 9 minutes the opponent can try many things to get one of the 3 points and turn it for their side.

Give the mode a chance. You people are tearing it to shreds before you have even tried it.

#37 IQwrassler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 167 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario ... hunting for kimuras ...

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

I look forward to conquest mode, and am reserving judgment until it is implemented. That said, I sincerely hope it reduces the number of silly cap races (In favor of slow progression, chokepoint battles, and drawn out attrition wars).

It geniunely disturbs me that so many players seem to have earning c-bills as their number one concern when playing this game. To what end are you desperately trying to squeeze every c-bill you can out of a match? So you can buy bigger 'mechs to NOT FIGHT IN???

Kill your enemy, please. Why on earth would you possibly want to achieve any other objective? There are many ways that capping can hamper an enemy team's battle formation and strategy, but few times does this happen, instead we have entire stealth teams content to sit on squares. Often these cowardly folks leave the rest of their team to die, even when they have no hope of winning by capture, as the entire enemy team will arrive shortly to demolish them.

The attitude of 'let's cap' because its quick and easy ruins many a game, many a time.

+1 to the proposed suggestions to fix this current trend. There are still many great battles to be had, and for those, I salute my comrades in arms. To the rest, You will live long, wealthy lives WITHOUT honour.

Edited by IQwrassler, 14 December 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#38 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Isn't that what Armchair Commanders do though?

#39 Grimnir79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

I think all mechs should spawn inside the cap zone, that way if someone are disconnencts or AFK they can at least help by preventing cap.

#40 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Do you realize how irrelevantly small a 5 game sample is?

Maybe you should take some stats classes at a local college.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users